Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 11:45pm

Patch 1.03 notes
  • General bug fixes for vehicles and physics improvements
  • Game modes balancing tweaks
  • HUD UI adjustments
  • Audio optimisations
  • General crash and stability fixes
  • Online traffic performance improvements
  • Various text fixes for all languages
  • General bug fixes for both Missions and Multiplayer

Are DICE Sweden fucking trolling?

I don't see a problem here.

Is there something falsely advertised in these patch notes?

I see a general bug-fix patch. What's so trolly about this?
A lot more happened than just bug fixes, which they don't mention at all. The "trolling" part was asking if they are actually serious about calling those patch notes.People are claiming many star cards and some primaries are behaving slightly differently now, and some game modes definitely have two rounds instead of one.

Everyone is left to guessing all this shit and trying to figure out what changed through gameplay.

Let's start a compilation of specific changes that we've noticed since patch... : StarWarsBattlefront

Quoted

Confirmed

• They fixed the 99 unlimited charges for cards that you could do
    by maxing out your card count. It now correctly goes down. I think it'll
    still show 99 if you have charges above 99 though until you burn
    through them.
  • Barrage grenades take longer to explode.
  • Bounty Hunter had it's in-game upgrade text updated to the
    correct amount. Pretty sure it wasn't actually nerfed. Seems to trigger
    the same amount as before something like 25%, 50%, 100% + refresh.
  • Wait period/timer at the start of each round
  • Walker on Endor has been buffed in health.
  • You now play two rounds on each map before it switches in Supremacy, Walker Assault, and the new gamemode.
  • You can now chat after the game ends

Unconfirmed

• DL-44 had some sort of damage nerf/other nerf. Not sure on this one 100% yet, needs more testing/confirmation
  • Spawn points for Rebel Hoth on Supremacy seem to be further back at the start.
  • Complex seems to also have slightly different spawn points.
  • Tie Interceptors have replaced Tie Fighters during the first phase of Walker Assault on Sullust
  • Cycler Rifle has had some sort of buff? Unconfirmed for now till I get to test/others do.

Quoted

I don't have exact figures, but bullet velocity increased by at least
3x (you used to be able to see the slug come out of the barrel,but its
now too fast), and the bullet drop either was reduced, or with the
velocity changes made it seem like it was.

I think they've changed recharge time on explosive shot, seems a
little bit longer but it could be all in my head. The bowcaster seems
better at ranged now but weaker at shooting at enemy feet but again
could be in my head.

I'd like to see if the A-Wing has been fixed/Tie buffed.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 11:59pm

Hold ya horses. I will put up something solid in a second (hopefully)

Edit: If we're assuming correctly how these slightly-new files work then there are no weapon changes at all and at least not script-side changes to force cards. However element is still banging his head at this file thing so hopefully we can say for sure what is going on :v
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

DrBigtime

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 4:57pm

I played quite a bit last night they nerfed most, if not all explosive radii in the game.

For sure:
Thermal Imploder
Impact Grenade

The rest like smart rocket and thermal detonator I would still need to test.
They also increased the detonation timer on Barrage significantly.

From what I could tell none of the guns were changed, so I think you're fairly safe pushing out your update, I'm not sure if you can confirm any of this with your game files.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 5:02pm

Bump reply.
I'll throw current card info here temporarily. It's ready on the pages but they wait till confirmation on the values from recent patch before I push them online.

@DrBigTime
From what I can tell none of the listed (thermal imploder, impact nade and barrage) were changed, but still waiting for confirmation on these file things. I have semi-good reason to believe that there wasn't any weapon balancing changes and that this patch was more for hotfixing certain issues (bad spawns etc).

Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Ninja82

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 6:38pm

They definitely changed the impact grenade

It's noticeable in game.

DrBigtime

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 6:48pm

It's an absolute, not a maybe or seems like for barrage at least. If you played the game before and after you'd see for sure that at the very least barrage's grenades blow up much slower.

The impact and the thermal imploder (not sure on detonator) had their explosion radius lowered. Impact still did 100 damage when hitting someone directly, but even hitting a wall right next to someone was not a OHKO anymore.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,292)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 6:50pm

inb4 just more people using bodyguard
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

DrBigtime

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 7:00pm

inb4 just more people using bodyguard
It's certainly a possibility, which is why I said only the barrage is an absolute. Still, it was jarringly noticeable when I was playing and I'll be surprised if I'm wrong on the Imploder/Impact

DrBigtime

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 8:48pm

It's actually correct. SE-14C shoots five projectiles all of which do 20dmg, so unless there is constant damage multiplier for bodyhits (which could be possible but kinda odd) it should be OHK till 20m.
I still think it's off though. It has a burst RPM of 800 correct?

We assume round 1 is at 0ms and each round after that (in the burst) is 75ms (at 800RPM). 75 x 4 = 300ms TTK point blank.
If we do the same for the DL-44 we get a TTK of 240ms point blank. (Which i think you have correct on your chart)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,292)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 9:00pm

It's actually correct. SE-14C shoots five projectiles all of which do 20dmg, so unless there is constant damage multiplier for bodyhits (which could be possible but kinda odd) it should be OHK till 20m.
I still think it's off though. It has a burst RPM of 800 correct?

We assume round 1 is at 0ms and each round after that (in the burst) is 75ms (at 800RPM). 75 x 4 = 300ms TTK point blank.
If we do the same for the DL-44 we get a TTK of 240ms point blank. (Which i think you have correct on your chart)

I believe what is happening here is that it is accidentally being treated as a shotgun. That is the only way a TTK of 0 is possible.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.