Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, November 22nd 2015, 10:32am

Something notable about the CA-87 shotgun blaster: Its projectiles only have a TTL of 0.1, so they disappear after only 20m. That's closer than the pistols' dropoff start.

That's quite an interesting idea of how to balance shotgun ranges.

Would doing something similar in BF4 hold any merit?
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, November 22nd 2015, 12:01pm

It's what CoD does, and to an extent Hardline, and I hate it with every fiber of my being. Nothing more frustrating than getting pretty close to an enemy, lining up a shot, shooting and being 1m too far away to even get a hitmarker. One thing of note though: explosive shot not only affects every pellet of the CA-87, but increases the time to live (and thus its range) by 50% (to 0.15 -> 30m range), and focused shot increases the TTL by 900% (to 1.0 -> 200m). Ion shot yields a 0.2 time to live and thus (if I am not mistaken) 40m range.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, November 22nd 2015, 1:04pm

but increases the time to live (and thus its range) by 50% (to 0.15 -> 30m range), and focused shot increases the TTL by 900% (to 1.0 -> 200m). Ion shot yields a 0.2 time to live and thus (if I am not mistaken) 40m range.

ooooOOOOoooo this is good know. Hoooowever unless these don't change pellet dispersion they're borderline useless (they might change it, I just haven't found any info on this yet). Charged/Explosive shot is turns weapon to mainly OHK thing for a brief moment tho.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, November 22nd 2015, 1:58pm

Focused shot basically also bundles your CA-87 bolts into one huge yellow slug, so you can basically snipe with it. Good luck doing that with 200m/s velocity.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration

Sunday, November 22nd 2015, 3:15pm

Focused shot basically also bundles your CA-87 bolts into one huge yellow slug,

Hmmm... Are you sure it's 10 bullets in one bunch or 1 big bullet? There's another firingfunc for CA-87 but it uses same projectile as E-11 with only one pellet per shot so it might be for survival/SP or something.

Edit: CA-87.dice line 3013 seems be the modifier for focused shot bullet dispersion so yeah, all of them are in nice little bunch and do max 60dmg.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, November 23rd 2015, 8:23pm

So weird that i love the DH17 for close to medium and really cant play with the 280c.
Wich should perform abit better overall.

Date of registration
: Nov 6th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 4:31am

So now that the game has been out for a bit, what's everyone's impressions on the go-to meta gun for overall use? What's the "ACE-23" of Battlefront so to speak?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 4:37am

RT-97C outclasses every other weapon past ~27m.

What do you do about engagements <27m?

Impact Grenade and Thermal Detonator have good OHK radii.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 2:09pm

RT-97C outclasses every other weapon past ~27m.

What do you do about engagements <27m?

Hmm I should probably repeat my kill-distance records for SWBF. I imagine there's a bigger leap towards longer ranges with these super-accurate weapons and bigger maps.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 25th 2015, 1:48am

Hot damn, the meta in this game gets more and more explosive.

What do you do within 27 m? Impact grenade, explosive shots or saturation.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"