Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 10:36pm

Predicting RT-97C for meta.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,768)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 10:46pm

Explosive Shot Meta?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 11:04pm

Predicting RT-97C for meta.

Explosive Shot Meta?

DLT-19 seems a solid bet as well with its miniscule SIPS. On the other hand the RT-97C has much lower h-rec, but with explosive shot it's basically quantity over quality anyway.

Honestly though, the A280C, E-11, DL-44 and EE-3 seem quite competitive to me - especially if you're a god of aiming and hit the head.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,768)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 11:10pm

DLT-19 seems a solid bet as well with its miniscule SIPS.

That is what I was implying.

Also, DLT-19 is inferior when you compare it to the RT-97C.

RT has better damage model, better minspread, and better Hrec.

DLT-19 is a shadow of its former self with 0.5 minspread and .025 SIPS. Used to be 0.1 minspread and .0125 SIPS.

RT-97C is the new meta. The reduction in Hrec outweighs the increase in SIPS.

Now to wait for Miffyli to upload explosive shot damage models.

inb4 BF3 USAS-12 FRAG @ 600 RPM with infinite ammo.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 11:14pm

I think the USAS' frag rounds had more damage and a far larger radius, but it's conceptually quite similar, yes. Allegedly the explosive shots' damage depends on the weapon's rate of fire, but higher RoF weapons still ought benefit a whole lot more.

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,335)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 11:27pm

Now to wait for Miffyli to upload explosive shot damage models.

Explosion itself seems to stay same for most of the weapons (went through most "ClusterShots", not all of them tho). However projectile itself is also updated so it might change direct hit dmg.

Source code

InnerBlastRadius 0.5
    BlastDamage 10.0
    BlastRadius 1.0

CA-87 with explosive shots... mmmm.....
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 11:35pm

Yeah... okay...

So if I read this right the DLT-19 (example, me lazy) gets the same 17-15 damage profile plus a 1m radius 10 damage explosion on each shot at 600 RPM.

The DL-44 gets its same 50-19 damage profile plus an AMAZING 1m radiums 10 damage explosion on each shot at 250 RPM.

Way to go.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,335)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Friday, November 20th 2015, 10:36am

Way to go.

Dunno if really a balance issue because there are other cards that don't fit for other weapons. Eg. focused fire is borderline pointless with blaster rifles (E-11 etc) but very handy with DLT-19.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 20th 2015, 12:38pm

So apart from the cards that are independent from the blaster, is there a star card that is more beneficial to the slower blaster rifles than the fast firing ones or are those the only ones that synergize?

Date of registration
: May 20th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, November 20th 2015, 3:07pm

How does the focus fire work specifically? Looking at it in the data browser I can see it looks like it reduces the min and max spread, SIPS and recoil too, but is it to a set value or a multiplier of the weapons stats?