Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, December 5th 2015, 6:52pm

Bump update. Battlefront side has been updated with hero weapons, info on cards (what can be gathered from scripts) and some tweaks and fixes.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, December 7th 2015, 6:29pm

Patch Notes

Star Wars Battlefront Forums - Star Wars - Official EA Site

Wow - 50% less Damage on Explosive Shot!

Weapon. Gadgets, and Star Card Tweaks:
-Explosive Shot damage decreased by 50%.
-Damage increased against Starfighters from normal blasters.
-Impact grenade radius decreased (3 to 2.5m)
-Impact damage decreased for surrounding players (from 130 to 100)
-Barrage fuse time has been increased (from 0.5-1 to 2-2.25)
-Barrage full damage radius decreased with 0.5 meters.
-Barrage maximum damage decreased from 55 to 50.
-Impact damage tweaked from 100 to 90.
-Personal Shield syncing improved to make sure the visuals and gameplay functions matches.
-Homing Shot range tweaked from 200 to 160
-Blinding a player using the Flash Grenade now gives a hit marker indication.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration

Monday, December 7th 2015, 7:54pm

Thanks for posting that! Now we know if we're reading files correctly. Helps a ton to know the actual values.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 3:54pm

@Miffyli

I don't see anything in the charts to suggest as much, but are the T21 and the A280 used by the ShockTrooper and Alderaan Honour Guard respectively the same as the standard blasters, or are they 'souped up' in the same way the the Hero blasters are.

It feels like they're more powerful, but to be honest, I barely use the A280 and I wonder if they increased HP these characters have gives the impression of the weapons being more powerful, but only because I panic less when facing someone down, allowing me to land more shots on target.

Also, I think I know the answer to this, but do kills with these weapons count toward Blaster Rifle and Heavy Blaster challenges? I think, no, but haven't played Heroes vs Villains much since DICE broke it.

Ta

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 3:59pm

I don't see anything in the charts to suggest as much, but are the T21 and the A280 used by the ShockTrooper and Alderaan Honour Guard respectively the same as the standard blasters, or are they 'souped up' in the same way the the Hero blasters are.

It feels like they're more powerful, but to be honest, I barely use the A280 and I wonder if they increased HP these characters have gives the impression of the weapons being more powerful, but only because I panic less when facing someone down, allowing me to land more shots on target.

Ahaa THIS was the thing I was wondering before as well, but then forgot it and never added these weapons! T21 and A280 both have separate weapon for these "semi-hero" classes, and A280 seems to have bit stronger projectile.
Thanks for reminding me about this! I am so used to "one weapon per directory" thing from BF4 I am forgetting these hero weapons.

And can't really say what weapon counts to what challenge. In BF4 we just read the "weaponclass" variable but in SWBF it's always the same for all weapons.

Edit: Added Rebel "Commando" and Empire "Shadowtrooper" weapons for next push.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 6:34pm

Question

Answer

Thanks mate, that's helpful.

I'll do some quick testing tonight to confirm whether those do count toward challenges. I have a Heavy blaster challenge active at the moment. Perhaps it might be a useful bit of information to include somewhere in the info pages, if those semi-hero and hero weapons do or don't count. As I mentioned, I suspect that it doesn't but will check to be sure.

EDIT: I stand corrected. The Shock Trooper's T21 does count toward Heavy Blaster Challenges. It's a fair assumption then that the A280 of the Honour Guards will count toward Blaster Rifles as well. Next time I get Blaster Rifle/Pistol, I'll check that and the hero weapons to see if they contribute. Han's Hand Cannon would definitely be a quick way to rattle through Blaster Pistol challenges if that were the case.

EDIT 2: So, Han Solo's Blaster Pistol does not count toward Blaster Pistol Challenges. So it seems that 'Semi Hero' weapons count toward their respective classes, but Hero weapons don't. Seems fair I reckon.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "AL_GR33N_" (Dec 8th 2015, 10:01pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 10:04pm

@Miffyli

Last one. Is there data in there regarding headshot multipliers for different weapons? Are they the same for all weapons? Looking at data, it seems to be 2x, certainly for the DL44, but not sure.

Ta

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 10:14pm

@Miffyli

Last one. Is there data in there regarding headshot multipliers for different weapons? Are they the same for all weapons? Looking at data, it seems to be 2x, certainly for the DL44, but not sure.

Ta

Can't say anything for sure really. They are (most likely) in material grid like in BF4, and this is not in the script files. I'd guess it's same 2.13x or so for all the weapons.
Edit: More like 2x probably. the fractional part in BF4 is some kind of fine tuning balance thing.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 10th 2015, 7:05pm

Impact Grenade no longer a one shot killer.

Star Wars Battlefront Dec 10th Patch Notes (PC)
The below patch notes apply to PC only.
Miscellaneous Updates and Tweaks:
Added Dolby Atmos support for PC players
Fixed an issue where one out of 12 players remained in the loading screen on Swamp Crashsite, Sorosuub Centroplex, and Graveyard of Giants in * * Heroes vs. Villains and Walker Assault multiplayer modes
Fixed an issue where two players would spawn in a damage area that doesn’t match visual lava
Walker Assault Updates and Tweaks:
Increased AT-AT health on Endor
Hero Updates and Tweaks:
Removed auto-lock on Boba Fett´s missile.
Weapons, Gadgets and Star Cards Tweaks:
Tweaked impact damage for Impact grenade from 100 to 90

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 10th 2015, 7:11pm

RIP Explosive Meta
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"