Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Jackal_435" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 11th 2016

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 8:11am

Errors in some values for the SE-14C, EE-3, and EE-4?

1.) The SE-14C's Firerate (Burst) is listed as 800 RPM, yet the TTK graph (and chart) is calculated as if it were 1,000 RPM. Which is the correct value?

2.) The EE-3's TTK graph (and chart) is incorrect. This fact is apparent when visually inspecting the TTK chart and comparing it to the BTK graph (i.e., there are missing "jumps" in the TTK graph that should exist and correspond to the "jumps" in the BTK graph). I am not sure how TTK is currently being calculated for burst weapons, but it should be done as follows:

TTK(D) = [ (BrTK-1)*60/RoF + D/MV + [BTK-(BrTK-1)*BPB]*60/BRoF ]*1000

Where...

TTK = Time to kill (in milliseconds)
D = Distance (in meters)
RoF = Rate of fire (in rounds per minute)
BRoF = Burst rate of fire (in rounds per minute)
MV = Muzzle velocity (in meters per second)
BTK = Bullets to kill
BPB = Bullets per burst
BrTK = Bursts to kill (i.e., ROUNDUP(BTK/BPB), or the number of times the trigger must be pulled.)

3.) The EE-4's Firerate (Burst) is listed as 600 RPM. Shouldn't this value be "N/A" since all 6 blaster bolts exit the muzzle simultaneously, shotgun style, similar to the CA-87?

4.) The EE-4's Firerate is listed as 120 RPM, when in practice is seems to fire much more quickly than this.

5.) The EE-4's TTK graph (and chart) is calculated as if it's Firerate were 1,600 RPM. This value neither corresponds to 120 RPM nor 600 RPM in any way, leaving me wondering whether these values are really valid.

• "Jackal_435" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 11th 2016

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 9:19am

6.) The SE-14C's TTK graph (and chart) is also incorrect. This seems to confirm that there is an error in the way that TTK is being calculated for burst weapons. Anytime BTK increases, TTK should increase by a corresponding "jump" of 60,000/BRoF milliseconds. For example, between 30 and 31 meters, where the SE-14C's BTK increases from 6 to 7, the TTK increases by only 3 ms, which accounts for the increase in distance ONLY. There should be an additional jump upwards in TTK of 60,000/BRoF = 60ms (or 75ms if BRoF actually is 800 RPM instead of 1,000 RPM).

The formula I provided above will correct this.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jackal_435" (Aug 11th 2016, 9:55am)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,022)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 12:05pm

@Jackal_435

Currently Battlefront TTK/BTK treat burst weapons by combining the burst into one projectile, calculating TTK with that projectile and adding the delay of a whole burst to the end of TTK -> Kills must be done with full bursts -> TTK is bit higher than it's supposed to be. I have to afk now and will check back on this later today, but I can answer few questions already:

1) I calculated firing a burst with SE-14C takes 300ms with \( (60/BRoF) \cdot (BPB-1) \), and the said burst is "one-burst-kill" at close range, thus at close range only the flight time is a relevant factor and adding the rest of the TTK (few ms)

2) Bumps are missing due to the way burst is treated atm, see above. Will check on this later

3) According to files (lines 1034, 1036 and 1152-1153) it does act as a burst weapon and as a shotgun, firing 3 pellets at burst of 2 shots. Sometimes the NumberOfBulletsPerBurst is set to be "3" or so even when it's not used, but this weapon fires six pellets so it had to be included.

4) Actually got an email about this some time ago, and don't know what to say. Files say it is 120RPM, and I can't see any modifications affecting this. It might be sort of a bug thing, and we do not include those here (would be too messy).

5) TTK assumes all pellets hit the enemy which is very incorrect in case of shotguns. This is what makes EE-4 seem too strong but we can't just ignore the pellets. We could have some kind of statistical type of solution thing for more realistic shotgun damages, but at the moment it's not worth the effort (only two weapons in one game).

6) See 2)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,022)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 10:31pm

Bump update. Updated the script with support for "mid-burst kills". The code isn't online yet but the EE-3 chart looks like this:
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included