Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "GrimReaperZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 8:56pm

Laser Recoil

Hey Guys,

I was wondering how the effects of recoil change at range, I.E if you fire the EE-3 blaster rifle 3 times at a target 50 meters away what kind of recoil would you have? I know you have charts, but I don't know what categories mean what range and I would prefer actual numbers. I'm sorry if this is a stupid or impossible question.
8)

Thanks,
Grim

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,568)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 9:07pm

Do you mean you fire EE-3 three times (three bursts) or just three bullets?

On every shot recoil moves upward by "recoil increase" amount, and goes sideways uniformly from "recoil left" to "recoil right". So on every EE-3 shot the aimpoint moves 0.1 degrees upwards and 0-0.1 degrees to either side.
Then there is First Shot Multiplier, which tells you how much more upwards recoil you will have (multiplies upwards recoil), and it's applied only on first shot. However if you use burst then it's applied on last shot of the first burst, thus making the whole burst bit more accurate than firing three separate bullets.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "GrimReaperZ" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 11:17pm

I mean pull your trigger 3 times. But, I'm looking at accuracy over distance, so how this recoil effects your shot at 20m and at 50m.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,568)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 12:13am

I mean pull your trigger 3 times. But, I'm looking at accuracy over distance, so how this recoil effects your shot at 20m and at 50m.

Mathematically even after one whole burst the vertical deviation from center is ~30cm at 50m, so that shouldn't be too big of a problem especially since you can compensate for recoil.
However spread's radius increases by 0.1 degrees per shot as well which causes more trouble, especially if you fire multiple bursts in a row. At 50m the first burst will mostly hit the target but second burst is cutting close.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included