Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, October 10th 2015, 3:49pm

Am I the only one that has terrible performance? Reduced to Low/Medium on my two 780Tis to run it at 1440p110

SLI

Date of registration
: Oct 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, October 10th 2015, 7:36pm

Power ups are usually positioned in zones without covers. If you try to farm them, you'll probably die. Better keep moving on foot, take whatever the game throws at you and get the better of it.

I farmed the TIE and X-wing all night last night after figuring out where the spawns are; I think you're giving the devs too much credit. To activate a ship pickup, you're frozen still for a couple seconds during which time ANY damage will knock you out of the call in animation and take away the pickup, and this is all happening without much cover and *really close* to the enemy spawn if you a rebel. And there's a 15 second timer on the whole thing. The effect wasn't that I didn't farm the pickups, it was just that I farmed the pickups with only about a 75% success rate, and 25% of the time my team was down a crucial air vehicle for no reason.

Am I the only one that has terrible performance? Reduced to Low/Medium on my two 780Tis to run it at 1440p110

Yes. Single GTX 970 at 1440p on High is pushing close enough to 60fps min that I haven't thought about framerate while in game. With sample size ~12 in TS, there have been freezing, crashing, and infinite loading sequence issues, but everyone's been commenting on how smoothly the game runs. Suspect ToTheSun! is right and it's an SLI issue.

Also: My friends figured out that winning with Rebels is pretty easy if you have two pilots communicating - one to spawn camp the TIE fighters and one for CAS. Two strafes (possibly one if you blow missiles) destroy an AT-ST and the valley is setup to funnel stormtroopers info nice little pockets of AOE goodness. I'm curious about what would happen with equally skilled pilots on each team, but I suspect that the Rebel shields give them an advantage over the Impy boost ability.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "symbolsix" (Oct 10th 2015, 7:42pm)

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, October 11th 2015, 12:10pm

SLI

might be better once an SLI profile is released but still...sli

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, October 11th 2015, 6:30pm

Well after a few hours, Walker Assault becomes stale ...
I can't fly, so I feel useless as a foot soldier on rebel side.
More often than not I feel like I die in a few shots, like 3, and I need to lend something around 6 shots to kill, and often I run onto 3-5 foes, obviously can't win.

At least on the other mode I feel I can do something ^^
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, October 11th 2015, 7:12pm

Hope they add some kind of AA system or spawn-protection to aircraft spawning. If enemy player just realizes he can float behind enemy spawn there's no chance for spawning aircraft to beat them.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 11th 2015, 7:36pm

Hope they add some kind of AA system or spawn-protection to aircraft spawning. If enemy player just realizes he can float behind enemy spawn there's no chance for spawning aircraft to beat them.

This.

Woodrow Wilson and I do it all the time.

The tears are nice and salty.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, October 11th 2015, 7:40pm

Well after a few hours, Walker Assault becomes stale ...
More often than not I feel like I die in a few shots, like 3, and I need to lend something around 6 shots to kill, and often I run onto 3-5 foes, obviously can't win.

At least on the other mode I feel I can do something

Interesting; I feel incredibly useless on the Drop Zone game mode. I'm not quite sure what is causing it, but I too feel like I die really fast yet it takes a much longer time for me to kill anyone. Maybe it's ping (why they don't show it to you is beyond me :S ). But in general I never seem to be able to do well in Drop Zone. I played a number of rounds the other day and my team lost every single round. I'm not sure how the drop pod locations are determined, but I think it should land somewhere farther away from the previous one.

I just feel there's something off about the infantry weapon combat. It might be the combination of low rates of fire and slow muzzle velocities that makes it very hard for me to do well. Or it might be the accuracy of weapons in hipfire that is difficult for me to adapt to as I'm accustomed to the slower pace of BF4 infantry combat where ADS is more important for accuracy.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, October 11th 2015, 7:43pm

This.

Woodrow Wilson and I do it all the time.

The tears are nice and salty.

*sniff* It is bad as it is, and you're just making it exponentially stronger with squading up ;( And people say hackers are the biggest game breakers...
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Oct 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, October 11th 2015, 7:50pm

You probably know a lot of this, but:
  • Most power ups aren't great, but Orbital Strike is a gamer winner breaker. Pick up power ups when you can, and if you get an OS just hold on to it until the Y-Wings run.
  • Get to level 5 and unlock everything in Drop Zone before playing Walker Assault
  • Use Ion Grenade, Ion Shot, and Jet Pack as Rebels in Walker Assault.
  • There's tons of AOE, and vehicles can't target precisesly so they just shoot in the direction of clumps, so spread out to the extent possible

Hang in there; playing the Rebels is about losing with dignity.

The entire spawn system needs to be reworked, along with matchmaking, partnering, and pickups. I'm hoping this beta was strictly for stress testing their Super Awesome Dedicated Servers arrangement, and they have better game play systems they're working on in the background.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 11th 2015, 8:29pm

Hang in there; playing the Rebels is about losing with dignity.

Not true whatsoever.

Playing the Rebels is about staying on the hills. It's how you won in the Alpha. Just stay on the hill and it's hard for the Empire to root you out.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.