Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, October 9th 2015, 9:50am

Played a bit as well.

I love the minimap ! It shows you a general direction, not perfect position of foes. It helps keeping you fully concentrated.

We have 4 weapons in this beta, 2 mid-long and 2 short-mid ranges oriented. According to the in-game graphs you have to sacrifice damage to RoF. It seems they want weapons inside a "class" to have similar DPS.

It's not BF4 neither Battlefront 2, and I'm good with that ^^
It's fun, that's all I wanted.

A bit disappointed about lack of squad building.

P.s.: I globally agree with dolphin on the game's objectives and how it achieves them.

Sent from phone
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrT3a" (Oct 9th 2015, 9:56am)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, October 9th 2015, 10:27am

I have played the Beta for two hours only and only Walker Assault so far, but this mode in particular shows all the problems Battlefront has right now. But first I would like to talk about the general tings that annoy me in the beta.

I have to disagree with Noctyrne. There is no teamplay and I do not see how anything will evolve that is more than: "Me and my partner here hold this bit here, how we imperials do, and spawn on each other, yo." I have done that, it worked. Other than this you can not do anything together.

There are no squads, you can only assign a a partner, maybe a friend if you have one, so at best you will be running around at two. Interaction with your partner seems limited, that means I have not seen anything you can do with him other than spawn on him. Why aren't there squads of four? Would it really have hurt so much? Why can I not heal myself when I am around him? Why are there no cards I can only use with my partner? Why can I not revive him? Why are there no points I get for staying with him? Why do cards not charge up faster when I am around my partner? The whole system falls short, in terms what could have been done with it. Geez EA holds the MoH franchise, the partner system was about the only innovative and working thing they had in this game. Don't do half-assed things, go all the way.

This brings me to the loadouts. I do not think the cards are a bad idea at all, they are surely influenced by the pick 10 system of CoD. But DICE falls again short, by half-assing their way through a feature. CoD has it in it's name, why it is a good system: Pick 10. Everything comes with a price. In Battlefront you can take everything you want, without cost. Also there do not seem to be any team oriented things you can pick, just stuff that improves your game by giving you more power. Why no medbag? Or this portable shield thing? Involve the primaries into it as well. Why not being able to take a Rocket Launcher and it costing so much that you have only access to the blaster pistol? Make sure you can change it in the match, because if there is one thing needed in the stupid gamemode than it is rockets.

Talking about the need for rockets, if you add crucial power-ups to a game where the minimap is worthless, why do you assign them randomly and give them a light blue transparent glow, with hard to see symbols when you play a snow map? They will be just as hard to identify on Endor and Sullust as well I guess. It really is a bad colour for this. Then you really need to take out the AT-ST and all you get was a proximity bomb or a shield. Where is the Rocket Launcher, I have yet to see one? See so many pick-ups are so situational (like the proximity bomb and the shield) that it would be better to include them into your cards instead of them taking a place on the map for more important stuff i.e. Vehicles and Rockets.

Then the vehicles. I can not fly, I crash a lot. But others can, in fact my AT-ST got taken out in to runs by a competent A-Wing. So why does DICE make it so hard for them to get into their desired vehicle? People that want to flly in the X-Wing are again depending on random chance, you might not see one pick-up in a whole round, although there are technically something like 8-10 vehicles to mount per Walker Assault. Everybody said, oh no, do not make this a Battlefield game, but in truth Battlefront would have benefitted greatly from the though out vehicles systems in Battlefield. Just give a cooldown on the spawn menu and spawn into it, or make a queue for it. Still most people want to play infantry so the game should not suffer.

Yeah well the spawn menu...what can I say. I have never seen one that is so underwhelming. Especially when you come from the Battlefield franchise, where you have tons of options and information. You can see your team, your squadmates spotted enemies, can spawn into a vehicle, squad member of your choice, flags. You can see where people are, even have a camera of a squadmate. You can change your loadout and all the relevant stuff. You can assess the situation. In Battlefront you can spawn. Oh and you can spawn on your partner. Where that is, is your luck to guess. Maybe after a couple of hours you can clearly identify where that is. I can not. Or you can spawn randomly, without a real clue where that might be. This leads to so funny situations. I spawned near an uplink we had to hold, which was good, the uplink was in the hangar, which was bad. The walker was about to become vulnerable, but the PTFO rebels were trapped inside, because there were only two entrances, both were guarded by a turret that, of course, could be turned 360 and manned by Imperialy, the Walker was happily firing into us, where we ten (with many more spawning) could only die. I rushed outside, spawned new, in hope of spawning outside, which worked the third time, and I could even fire a couple of rounds onto one Walker. Might have damaged him, too. Who knows.

Generally the whole game lacks years old FPS-standard convenience tools. The Minimaps does not show anything remotely useful (terrain, enemies, stationaries, pick-ups, vehicles). Is there a large map, maybe anywhere? You can not clearly see if a stationary is manned by aiming over it (critically and fatally with the turrets). In a fighter you can not identify a lot because the hull is obstructing and you are so far away from everything. Spotting would be so good here. It seems that once you choose to use a pick-up or card, you can not switch back to your primary. Great when you have a rocket and want to fire at a Walker but infantry comes around a corner -> Rocket wasted. Maybe it works, but it is not very intuitive, that is why I say include the primary into the cards as number one. By the way can you free assign the hotkeys? I would like to use the grenades, as standard, on G. You can not change the loadouts, which is stupid, you can not adapt to certain circumstances, which is why everybody runs the same cards.

Don't get me started on Walker Assault. I like asymetrical modes. I really do. But as imbalances naturally arise you need to take measures. At least you should make a match consist of two rounds. Then there is the huge difference in gameplay, which creates the greatest imbalance. As imperial you basically only have to hold a line some distance in front of your walkers. Quite straightforward. You spawn and advance. As rebel you you spawn have to figure out in a coordinated way where oyu are needed, take the objective, hold the objective, advance to the next objective, assault the walker, while also defending yourself against a line of imperials. And then you have to do it again. And again. And probably again. That is why rebels always loose. We had one round as Rebel, said Hangar round, I talked about earlier. We had three sets where we could do damage to the walkers and did so, it seemed really nice, and we downed one walker at the moment we were defeated. The second was somewhere at 70% or so. This was against a team, where, in the round earlier both walkers still had roughly 90%.
That being said the mode offers a lot of other issues. The last slope for example is unbearable for rebels. I had the luck to be in the Walker in one round and in a turret near the trenches in another one. Easiest ten kills each I've ever made. The problems are the rebels do not only have to work coordinately, but also have to do so agains an overwhelming ground force. You have one opponent in the Walker with an elevated position and therefore insight on most cover, objectives and most movement. Great idea. You have up to two AT-STs agains the rebels as well. The rebels have hard to pilot (in comparison) fighters, and that is it basically. The stationaries are great but can be used by both teams and can be destroyed preventively and you rarely see a rocket pick-up. Great fun.

The singleplayer/co-op experience is from the Tattoine perspective, mediocre at best. Yeah there are only 6 waves instead of 15, yet there does not seem to be a background story, nor different mechanics in gameplay as of yet. If it stays a simple horde mode, they might just as well have scrapped it. BF3, with it's unrightfully neglected co-op, did that better.

I am pretty sure the Pod assault works differently and probably is more fun but still, the other issues stay, and people should not have false hope. The game is done, nothing but balance issues will be changed. There will be no substantial changes for a very long time, if at all.

See what irks me the most is, they have a franchise that can not fail. SW fans are nothing like LOTR fans. People will buy it. So why not take risks? Do something crazy or spend some time finetuning features that have worked in other games. Especially Battefield offers such potential with their large scale battles, as well as the MoH partner system or the CoD complex loadout system. Instead they settle for a game that offers nothing but the smallest common denominater. A working FPS that with Star Wars art design. Well done. Treyarch would have developed the exact same game, but would have included a ridiculous yet action-packed singleplayer campaign and p2p-Multiplayer.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, October 9th 2015, 12:50pm

My problems with SWBF beta:

- Balancing: Walker Assault seems to be a complete mess, weapon balancing isn't quite there as well IMO.

- It does almost everything wrong an unlock system can do wrong: You start with nothing, so you're at a significant disadvantage. You have to grind levels to make new items available (that are more useful) and then you still have to unlock them with ingame currency. "So you wanna play Battlefront? Here, have a rifle and NOTHING, go shoot the guys with grenades, jetpacks and personal shields."

- The score counting at the end of a match takes for-fucking-ever and can't be skipped.

Now what I think are actually nice things:

- I like the reduced focus on the minimap. It still pings the direction of an enemy that's shooting, but it's not the powertool it's in CoD and Battlefield

- No Spotting - I like that

- Health regen seems to be in a good spot for a game of its kind

- Runs smooth as butter on ultra (light on the CPU apparently) while looking great

Found another no-go: there's no latency/ping displayed in the scoreboard. Even peer-2-peer CoD has that, come on.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zormau" (Oct 9th 2015, 2:34pm)

Date of registration
: Oct 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, October 9th 2015, 4:32pm

IMostly in response to The_D0lph1n:

You've convinced me on vehicle repairs. Cycling players through vehicles is more important for an arcade shooter than the additional reward for cooperation of wrenching.

Similarly, I agree that the game modes (and especially the maps) are well designed.

Power ups: I don't understand your point. Other than the Big Grenade, I don't see them as equalizer so much as toolkit expansion. (e.g. The Smart Rocket is only useful if your target it an AT-ST or standing still at long range, but not in the common infy 1v1). The spawns are static, so they *can* be camped, people just don't because they're both situational and randomized, and therefore bad. "We'll make people not do this annoying thing by nerfing it hard" is a DICE tradition of high pedigree, but it's still not good design.

Vehicle pick ups: No more players camping vehicles in the spawn screen... because we've gone back to the classic "Camp Where The Vehicle Spawns!" system. Here we see map pickups that actually are fun and useful, and sure enough people camp them. I don't view this as a negative (since previous games haven't had a better way to manage vehicle queuing), but I think it's weird that you brought it up as a positive.

No one has really addressed the inability to swap your loadout during a match. Even just having three or four "Hands" to setup beforehand and choose between would be a vast improvement. Defending the first Uplinks? Probably want Ion Grenade and Jump Pack. Now you need to defend the base Uplink? Better switch to Ion Grenade and Thermal Deto-fuck your flaccid asshole!. I see no reason for this, and I would really appreciate it if someone does and could explain it.

I want a server browser, or at least a vastly improved party/partner/matchmaking system. I recognize that the game is designed around pubbing, but over the course of 10 hours yesterday, a bunch of us on the PURE teamspeak did not once successfully get more than three of us on the same team, in the same server. I can't even tell whether bad choices or bugs are responsible.

Partnering isn't explained well. I've been "Partners" with people who haven't even got past opening Origin yet, so I guess it's a extra-game matchmaking aid? But I can copy their loadout, but only if their game is open, and I can spawn on them, but only if they're in my game and on my team. And if I don't have a partner, I can open my menu and invite someone, but only if I'm in a "Party" with them, but sometimes the game will assign me a partner who's a stranger, but on my team in my server. But I can't ask the game to assign me a pub partner; it does that on its own, when it feels like it. Again, I hope this is an "It's a Beta" issue.

None of this is to say that I don't like the game; I'm certainly not as down on it as OP, and I'm evaluating it as a casual arcade shooter rather than a Battlefield successor (I never played the prior Battlefront games). Like I said, I played off and on for 10 hours yesterday, and Drop Zone at least is addictive fun; that mode feels a lot like the Free-to-Play arena shooter Hawken, which I still love. I think the above issues are big problems with Battlefront on its own terms as an arcade shooter, not just according to some inapt comparison in our heads.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, October 9th 2015, 8:45pm

I was not aware that vehicle and power-up spawns were the same each time; I thought they were randomized so I thought it would help prevent camping. However, since the game mode always moves forward, the spawns will definitely shift over the course of the game so people will have to explore to find the different spawn points. I think this was a concession to players who like the process of understanding the maps and to give an advantage to good map knowledge.
On power-ups being situational: yes they are, which is why they allow individual players to be the hero of the day. I did not intend to mean that they are equalizers; they just allow a single player to make a difference in an engagement. If some teammates are getting destroyed by an AT-ST, you might pick up the smart rocket and destroy the walker, thus being the "hero of the moment" for your teammates and make you feel like you did something significant. You could suck at every aspect of the game, but those power-ups are meant to allow individuals to make a difference in particular situations.

Concerning the inability to change your loadout during the match, I don't really like it either. I think this decision does take away from player flexibility, but I think the fact that you can use your partner's loadout helps this in some way. If your partner has an appropriate loadout, then you can change to that one and use it. However, I think this feature is actually meant for newer players to the game who don't have all the unlocks to have the ability to play with higher-level weapons before they unlock them if their partner is higher level.

Server browser would go against the whole pub match concept that the game is about. Server browsers would allow a coordinated team or clan to pub-stomp on a server which would not be enjoyable to uncoordinated public players. However, I would like to see better partnering in the matches. You have the ability to choose your partner in-game so I think the browser should always put your partner with you in the same match, but I don't think the game was designed to have larger groups of people like on TeamSpeak all join a single match and play together. This does 2 things: first it helps prevent pub-stomping. Secondly, it makes team balancing (if it actually existed) be easier. When you have a squad of 5 and your goal is to keep squads together, it's hard to do that since you'd have to find 5 players on the other team to switch. If "squads" are limited to 2 players, this makes balancing teams easier.
HOWEVER, I don't think team balancing even exists right now. I always seem to be playing against the same players in each match in a lobby. I think there should be some form of team balancing since being on the losing team for 4 matches in a row get old really fast. Hopefully a team balancer is one of those things that isn't turned on right now.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(374)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, October 9th 2015, 9:04pm

but I think the fact that you can use your partner's loadout helps this in some way. If your partner has an appropriate loadout, then you can change to that one and use it. However, I think this feature is actually meant for newer players to the game who don't have all the unlocks to have the ability to play with higher-level weapons before they unlock them if their partner is higher level.

SUCH THING IS POSSIBLE?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, October 9th 2015, 9:33pm

I do not see it as a pub-oriented game at all, and neither for novice players and the general Star Wars fan, at least not in the beta. Walker Assault in itself is so complicated at first and air assets are potentially so powerful against everything that, once a really good pilot joins, the fun drops for everyone. I see playxers regularly leaving with 3/28 and similar. Rebels being stomped in every round and so forth. That is frustrating vor average players.

Though I have to alter my assessment for Walker Assault a bit. I've won twice with the Rebels right now. Though against really bad teams and at one point with my last shot from a turret a second before the game ended. It is not impossible but as soon as you face proficient people it gets immensly harder.

The things that annoy me su moch more right now though are the spawn systems. Spawntrapping is still possible although the protection is a bit longe, but it is annoying. The fact that you can not choose where you want to spawn is awful, too. It happened to me so often now that I spawned in the hangar, when the walkers were being attacked and I could not get out and join the fight, because I was trapped.
On the other hand enemies (and I) were engaged in a fight and the partners kept spawning in, this is annoying as well. Why not add a decent map and choose where you want to spawn so that you can adapt to the situation? This can't be that hard. But on WA especially there is a need for a tactical assessment before spawning. You can not have a rather tactical and complex mode and totally dumbed down mechanics around it.

That being said, again when you have something like a party and partner system there should be mechanics build around it, what is the point then in having it? Also PTFOing is not very intuitive in this game and they need to change that. You still get most points for scoring kills, while you get 5 for damaging the AT-AT. By the way, as I am sure only a few people could do it sofar, You get 350 for destroying the darn things. Ridiculous. Also only oner person gets points for the uplink, while the guys defending it in close proximity get nothing. This needs to be changed, otherwise how should people know they are doing the right thing?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Oct 9th 2015, 9:38pm)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, October 10th 2015, 1:30pm

Really don't like the vehicle spawn system... Or rather "power up" system. Just clunky and luck based to get into a vehicle, or hero for that matter. Promotes running around in circles in the middle of nowhere just hoping something will magically appear for you. Plus others can just run into them and not even use them. Flying is pretty clunky in general as well. AT-ST's aiming is pretty messed up...

Weapons feel pretty good though, but pretty weird the way you throw grenades etc.. Alright I guess but still weird...

A map is desperately needed, no clue what's going on or where I'm even supposed to go most of the time other than just running straight for the markers.

No clue if the matchmaker is even capable of letting you play with a bunch of friends ;o

They'd have to change the whole power up system before I'd consider buying it ;o

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 10th 2015, 1:58pm

Power ups are usually positioned in zones without covers. If you try to farm them, you'll probably die. Better keep moving on foot, take whatever the game throws at you and get the better of it.

The modes we have in this beta are ultra objective centered. Kills don't really matter. I like it.

A big map and squading would be appreciated though.

Sent from phone
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 10th 2015, 3:44pm

Am I the only one that has terrible performance? Reduced to Low/Medium on my two 780Tis to run it at 1440p110

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"