Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

• "Krolman" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 6:26am

Welp Harper no more hopefully more weed doe

Spoiler Spoiler

Hopefully he keeps his promises such as electoral reform. ( LOL like that gonna happen) ;(

Dammit wanted more Green Party.
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 6:32am

boo liberal majority. there goes the opportunity to overturn bill C51 and C24. Y U SO WEAK NDP?!!

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 6:37am

duuuude weed lmao

anyways It is a great day in Canada, and therefore the world.

It is time to celebrate by rolling up the most dank joints, as is tradition.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 6:46am

duuuude weed lmao

anyways It is a great day in Canada, and therefore the world.

It is time to celebrate by rolling up the most dank joints, as is tradition.

Green Party != Marijuana Party

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

• "Krolman" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 6:52am

Green Party

I wanted more green party cause they would appeal c-51, c-24, and the TPP shit thing
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 8:30am

I wanted more green party cause they would appeal c-51, c-24, and the TPP shit thing

no, you wanted more NDP.

The Green Party is pointless and useless no matter what their opinions are, because they have basically zero impact in parliament.

NDP on the other hand, is in 3rd place, which means that they'd become the balance of power if there's a minority government. This is because a minority government will need at least one other party to vote with them on any matter involving money. This means the 3rd place party holds disproportionally more power in a minority government position, and that party can use that power as leverage to force legislation that they want. In this case, repealing C-51 and C-24, which the NDP has gone on record that they'll oppose.

Of course, none of this matters, because the Liberals just won a majority government (and a pretty sizable one at that), and can technically do whatever they want.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 4:08pm

The Green Party is pointless and useless no matter what their opinions are, because they have basically zero impact in parliament.
This is why FPTP is a dumbass system, because tactical voting like this just leads to two-party politics. Like, take the UK General Election in May this year. UKIP got 3.9 million votes, and only 1 seat in Parliament. The Scottish National Party got 1.4 million votes but 56 seats. So even though 2 and a half million more people voted UKIP, they're 56x less represented in Parliament. That makes sense, nice one.

It is a double edged sword though, because obviously sane person wants a large UKIP presence in Parliament so I guess that's a positive. I think we should have the AV system, where you rank your top 3 choices. This works better because instead of votes for smaller parties being completely wasted, the ranking system puts your vote onto the next person you listed who is still in the race. This means that people get the most representation whilst stopping the coalition governments and general bullshit of the PR system, because one party still has a majority so they can actually get shit done.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 5:50pm

UKIP got 3.9 million votes, and only 1 seat in Parliament. The Scottish National Party got 1.4 million votes but 56 seats. So even though 2 and a half million more people voted UKIP, they're 56x less represented in Parliament. That makes sense, nice one.

it actually makes perfect sense, because the radically xenophobic/racist party that represents stupid people gets what they deserve: the shaft.

FPTP systems are incredibly resistant to short term populist parties like the UKIP. this is a good thing, because it prevents these parties from gaining power too easily and screwing things up. the barrier of entry is naturally high, so in order to gain any power, there has to be a persistent support among the population for these parties spanning many years, during which the party at hand hopefully becomes less radical and less stupid.

the tactical voting strategies also encourages people to vote more thoughtfully and deliberately, instead of just voting on a whim just because some person promised you free candy and/or hookers. it is less democratic, but still places significant power in the hands of the people. and ultimately, it isn't about being more democratic, but to ensure that people have the right amount of power.

also, i don't think FPTP necessarily degenerates to two-party systems. the recent UK election had way more than two parties, and the recent Canadian election had the same. the top two parties will always see the most amount of votes, but that's the same pretty much everywhere.

lastly, i firmly believes the notion that too much democracy is a bad thing. out of all the so-called "democratic" governments in the world, none of them practices a pure democracy. in fact, the last time anybody tried, the result was Napoleon. democracy, like everything else in the world, has to be practiced in moderation. just because something is more democratic, doesn't mean that it is necessarily BETTER.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 8:15pm

Quoted from "hunturk"

UKIP got 3.9 million votes, and only 1 seat in Parliament. The Scottish National Party got 1.4 million votes but 56 seats. So even though 2 and a half million more people voted UKIP, they're 56x less represented in Parliament. That makes sense, nice one.
it actually makes perfect sense, because the radically xenophobic/racist party that represents stupid people gets what they deserve: the shaft.
FPTP systems are incredibly resistant to short term populist parties like the UKIP. this is a good thing, because it prevents these parties from gaining power too easily and screwing things up. the barrier of entry is naturally high, so in order to gain any power, there has to be a persistent support among the population for these parties spanning many years, during which the party at hand hopefully becomes less radical and less stupid.
Yeah, like I said this is definitely a benefit of the system. We've already seen things like the Golden Dawn party in Greece, partly due to the PR system allowing small parties a larger slice of the pie.
the tactical voting strategies also encourages people to vote more thoughtfully and deliberately, instead of just voting on a whim just because some person promised you free candy and/or hookers. it is less democratic, but still places significant power in the hands of the people. and ultimately, it isn't about being more democratic, but to ensure that people have the right amount of power.
That's true, but it also stops people voting for who they actually want. For example, say I wanted to vote Green but I know that the green candidate is never going to win in my constituency. Therefore, I vote Labour, not because I want Labour to win but because my vote would be wasted otherwise, and no one likes to feel useless. This means that the voting system in some cases, causes people to be unrepresented.
also, i don't think FPTP necessarily degenerates to two-party systems. the recent UK election had way more than two parties, and the recent Canadian election had the same. the top two parties will always see the most amount of votes, but that's the same pretty much everywhere.
I can't really speak for the Canadian elections, but the UK election wasn't anything more than a two party race. It was definitely made more interesting due to the rise of the SNP, who stole a load of seats from Labour and are now the 3rd largest party, partly also to the Liberal Democrats getting blasted in the ass. But they still only have 56 seats, and the Tories have a majority anyway.
lastly, i firmly believes the notion that too much democracy is a bad thing. out of all the so-called "democratic" governments in the world, none of them practices a pure democracy. in fact, the last time anybody tried, the result was Napoleon. democracy, like everything else in the world, has to be practiced in moderation. just because something is more democratic, doesn't mean that it is necessarily BETTER.
Again I agree to an extent, I mean if the majority of people are idiots is majority rule the best thing?
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet