Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

• "Pastafarianism" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 1:30am

Religion Arguments

Please continue the arguments from the "Religion of Symthic" thread here. I wanted to keep arguments out of that thread.

If making any claims (except obvious ones like "religion is popular around the world," etc) please provide evidence/sources. Anecdotal is welcomed, but will not be treated as fact.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 1:35am

Quoted

And if there's no facts, you find those facts, or you ditch the "theory." Simple as that

There are things you can't prove with current technology and modern science. That doesn't mean they aren't real.

Correct. That doesn't mean they should be treated as fact. It also means that in the meantime, they shouldn't be given much credibility. Sure, philosophers may discuss it, but if it lies outside if the realms of science (which very little does anymore) it shouldn't be actively discussed as though it is fact. It is little more than a corollary.

Evidence should be actively sought out for it, however, and the moment it is proved, I'll believe it. Until then, I will assume that there is no God. I will also make sure that the world knows the lack of evidence.

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 1:57am

Evidence should be actively sought out for it, however, and the moment it is proved, I'll believe it. Until then, I will assume that there is no God. I will also make sure that the world knows the lack of evidence.

And if there's no facts, you find those facts, or you ditch the "theory." Simple as that

What are the facts that support your theory that there is no God, and if you don't have them, how do you intend to find them?
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 2:22am

The universe in its current form does not require a god, as far as physics is concerned. Many common stories associated with religion tell stories that run completely contrary to what can be observed of the known universe. This, barring the case of a 'tampering god' (see, for example, the Flying Spaghetti Monster which actively interferes with scientists' instruments) discounts the majority of extant religions.

This ignores, say, a god which exists outside of any existing religion, which is where I'm going next.

Why, then, is there not a god? The universe runs perfectly well (from a physics standpoint) without some kind of intervening celestial force. This intervening celestial force has left no tracks of any noticeable kind. If you are to propose an intervening god, this simply does not match what we observe with the known universe.

The last potential existence is an observer god which does not actively muddle with the universe. Such a being, with no impact on reality, goes very far against what is commonly considered a 'god' in commonly accepted use of the word. I've heard of universe-worship existing in this vein but don't know much about it.

A lack of evidence is, from the point of view of most scientists, a good enough reason to discount something (until, of course, such a time as evidence is found). Theorizing and trying to find it is perfectly acceptable but "false until through peer review" is the most logical way to do things--otherwise, "it's true because I said so" becomes the dominant mentality and things fall apart.

My mind views things in that "false until through peer review" state--I guess the manner of how I think precludes the existence of god.

Another interesting question if we wear this one out--what, exactly, IS a god? How do we define what one is? "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."--Arthur C. Clarke. What is magic or similar impossible forces and what is technology? If a being popped onto Earth's surface randomly, how would we tell if they were a god or an alien?
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 2:29am

Please continue the arguments from the "Religion of Symthic" thread here.

This entire section is arguments, good luck with that.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 3:07am

This entire section is pseudo-arguments, good luck with that.

fix'd

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 3:34am

If I say there is a teapot floating in space between the Earth and Mars, it's not your job to disprove it, but mine to back up my claim. If you are going to claim there is a God, it's not on me to disprove you, but on you to prove it. Simple.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 4:16am

tbh, why do you care what other people think?

As I've said before, if a God could be proven to exist, then it wouldn't be faith, now would it?

Trying to prove/disprove or asking anyone to do that is pointless because that's not the point of religion in the first place.

Believing in something that can be observed or proven is very, very easy.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 4:17am

Quoted

If I say there is a teapot floating in space between the Earth and Mars, it's not your job to disprove it, but mine to back up my claim. If you are going to claim there is a God, it's not on me to disprove you, but on you to prove it. Simple.

Russel's teapot. On of my favorites.

Personally, I'm more in favor of the Epicurean argument, as many theists say "well science can't prove anything wrong!" So I am forced to use a moral argument, which usually makes sense with polytheistic religions, but with monotheistic ones it's ridiculous.

Your one, all-powerful God can't stop flesh-eating diseases? Childhood cancer? Serial child molesters? Well, regardless of whether it exists or not, it's not worthy of my worship.

Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

Thanks razal.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 4:25am

Quoted

Russel's teapot. On of my favorites.

Personally, I'm more in favor of the Epicurean argument, as many theists say "well science can't prove anything wrong!" So I am forced to use a moral argument, which usually makes sense with polytheistic religions, but with monotheistic ones it's ridiculous.

Your one, all-powerful God can't stop flesh-eating diseases? Childhood cancer? Serial child molesters? Well, regardless of whether it exists or not, it's not worthy of my worship.

You've probably heard the phrase, "God works in mysterious ways," right?

I've seen it poked fun of a lot, but there's a whole lot more to it than what is superficially perceived. I'll translate it.

"How in the FUCK can anyone claim to be able to understand, religious or not, the actions, motives, or objectives of an omnipresent, omniscient being which would, as our creator, transcend any and all of humanity's puny comprehension?

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"