Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 4:49pm

sounds egoistical to me, trump wouldn't destroy the usa(probably), but i'm pretty sure he'd do some substantial damage to pretty much any other country in in the world, and when i see it like that, it seems clear to me that i don't want trump in there.

but then again i know nothing of the clinton(weird, i know) so my opinion is actually very biased by the media.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 7:44pm

So, it's The Donald versus Hillary Clinton. Unless some miracle happens, of course.

This betrays a fundamental lack of understanding of this GOP race and its rules. Dem side is pretty much on the money, but hey.

Dem delegates are awarded proportionally (except the ones that aren't, but they're irrelevant and don't actually do anything) This means that winning states doesn't matter so much, it's more about the margins involved in such a victory (or loss) Hillary won as expected, but the margins involved are such that it leaves Sanders without a path to the nomination. Unless she catches fire or something.

When sanders wins, she holds him to a close win (giving him only a few more delegates than she gets) and when she wins, she usually wins by quite a bit.

However, that said, Sanders doesn't have to win to be successful.

To be successful, all he has to do is pull Clinton to the left, which he was doing in the very earliest voting states a little. But he more Clinton pulls away, the more she will pivot to centre for the General election. Sanders need to do better (obviously) enough that he can continue to force the narrative left. and thus force Clinton to adopt some of his stances. Whilst he still wouldn't be in the chair, he'd have been successful in getting his policies in high office.

Mad props to whomever is running Clintons campaign. whatever stance you might take on her politics, those running that campaign are easily the best this year, neither sanders group nor the GOP can hold a candle to them.

For the GOP however. delegates are awarded in nigh-uncountable different methods. It's as if the guys who wrote ESL battlefield rules and the original DICE balance guys got together and got hammered as fuck, and then wrote rules for a primary.

This is important. because these rules give us a much different race to the Dem side. Thanks to these hilarious rulesets, we can easily say Trump still isn't the inevitable nominee, I would still bet on him losing. (though his loss isn't inevitable either)

However, we can put these confusing and seemingly-random rulesets into two (very) broad groups.

The first group is the early states, those March 1st and earlier. These (broadly) have rules that functionally end up as proportional delegate races. Trumps 30-35% ish of the vote doesn't give him a massive lead, but a lead it does give him, given the divided field.

The second group, is all the other states, which (broadly) include many winner-takes all. Trumps 30-35% base means nothing here. To DL:DR it, either the field consolidates, and he loses these states, gaining basically no delegates. or the field stays divided, and he wins. How much he wins or loses by is largely irrelevant.

The reasons to (still) be sceptical of trump are long and varied, but here's a simple one. Trump has consistently pulled 30-35% of the vote, including super tuesday. He also failed to get a Majority of delegates in super Tuesday too. Other candidates dropping haven't changed this, he does TERRIBLY as second-choice. In order to win, he has to go from plurality to majority, and he's just not done it yet. It's more likely to reach contested convention than an outright trump win.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 9:16pm

I have no problem with admitting that I only have a passing knowledge of US election systems. I also had worked with outdated or inaccurate numbers from my newspaper (or at least they differ from Wikipedia), which gave Trump a substantial lead with 274 delegates over Cruz' 149. (Wikipedia: 337 Trump, 233 Cruz).

It'll be interesting (in one of the scariest ways possible) to see how the previous non-trumpsters will align themselves when Kasich and Rubio drop out. Trump's continued success could signify to many people that he's definitely a vote-able candidate, but I'd thought the same might be true and help Bernie. I wasn't exactly correct in that hope, it seems.

I don't know much about Hillary Clinton's policies or affiliations, but her victory face is scary A.F. (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8SzwXheW39g/hqdefault.jpg). Would she, by European standards, actually be considered "left of center"?
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

• "Nick 30075" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 12:58am

Would she, by European standards, actually be considered "left of center"?

I think the only person running who's even close to center is Bernie Sanders. Clinton is definitely right of center.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 1:38am

I think the only person running who's even close to center is Bernie Sanders. Clinton is definitely right of center.

Bernie is the only independent by American standards, and even he isn't moderate by world standards. He was an independent for his entire senate career, running as a Democrat because he wouldn't have a chance if he stayed in the middle.

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 5:41am

The Trumpening is real folks

Get ready for a Trump presidency.

Trump will make animu great again

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

• "Nick 30075" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 5:50am

I saw that video a while back and it's absolutely brilliant.

At least if Trump becomes president we get to keep the memes.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 4:27pm

Bernie is the only independent by American standards, and even he isn't moderate by world standards. He was an independent for his entire senate career, running as a Democrat because he wouldn't have a chance if he stayed in the middle.

Wat. Being independent doesn't make you a centrist. If you want a moderate look to john kasich, no-one currently running is as close to moderate as he is.
John Kasich on the Issues
Independent is simply a lack of party affiliation, Sanders is solidly left of the Democrats, his adoption into the Dems hasn't changed this.
Applying EU definitions on a US race sounds like a lot of effort for nothing, and doesn't make any sense, the euro "rules" of politics don't apply here, so lets not try to.

Sitting president - Barack Obama on the Issues Solidly on the left of US politics.
Current secretary of state - Hillary Clinton on the Issues - Slightly further to the left of Obama on most things, but more hawkish on foreign policy.
Sanders, previously independent - Bernie Sanders on the Issues - Solidly further left of Clinton on most issues, with the most obvious exception being gun control.

Note that all three share a massive number of positions. Clinton is something like 95% identical to Obama.

I have no problem with admitting that I only have a passing knowledge of US election systems. I also had worked with outdated or inaccurate numbers from my newspaper (or at least they differ from Wikipedia), which gave Trump a substantial lead with 274 delegates over Cruz' 149. (Wikipedia: 337 Trump, 233 Cruz).

It'll be interesting (in one of the scariest ways possible) to see how the previous non-trumpsters will align themselves when Kasich and Rubio drop out. Trump's continued success could signify to many people that he's definitely a vote-able candidate, but I'd thought the same might be true and help Bernie. I wasn't exactly correct in that hope, it seems.

I don't know much about Hillary Clinton's policies or affiliations, but her victory face is scary A.F. (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8SzwXheW39g/hqdefault.jpg). Would she, by European standards, actually be considered "left of center"?

You think Kasich and Rubio will drop out? I don't see it. Whilst Trump and Cruz are ahead in delegates, Cruz's best states are behind him, and trump hasn't demonstrated any capacity to push beyond his core vote. A few key losses in winner-take-all states for trump will instantly deny him the required delegates to win outright. We might even see this by the 15th, with Ohio and Florida, both winner take all with many delegates, home to Kasich and Rubio, if they win their home states, trump would have a hard time hitting the magic delegate number.

That said, if candidates do drop out, largely this doesn't help trump. Trump does terribly as second or third choice. If any candidate was to drop, it'd be Kasich, he just doesn't have the funds, among other things.

Bernie probably did pick up most of the Omalley voters, Iowa would be a good example of that. but that doesn't really mean jack shit when practically no-one was voting Omalley anyway. Sanders biggest problem is simple. Hillary is a much better idealogical fit for the Dems. Policy wise, follow the above links, Vsimilar to Obama politically. Which is much of her messaging, she's portrayed herself as the 'Obama Legacy' candidate.

Unrelated -

The fruit salad of their life, is what I would look at - Ben "sleepy" Carson - 2016.

Carson is fucking gold. Trump can't hold a candle to this man. If only he hadn't quit, we could have more of this wonder.

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 4:33pm

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 9th 2016, 9:16am

In the biggest upset in the history of US presidential primaries, Sanders won Michigan. Trailing by an average of 21-22% in the polls, he won by 2%.

Demographically, this was a fairly solid state for sanders. the polling was somewhat at odds with this.

However, In Mississippi Hillary almost pushed sanders off the board completely, with a 83-16 win. Sanders is now further still behind in delegates overall. Winning some states by 2% isn't good enough when you're getting slaughtered everywhere else.

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER