Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 3:34pm

Ok this is what I know:

Trump - Bigot, support from morons but not gonna actually win.
Sanders - Love him, never gonna get in.
Clinton - Gonna win.

That's pretty much it, anyone feel like filling me in on the positions of the other candidates?
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 6:06pm

That's pretty much it, anyone feel like filling me in on the positions of the other candidates?

Dems - Both candidates Very well liked among democrats in general. Sanders primary demographic is young, white liberal-leaning democrats. Hillary has the demographic of - everyone else ( moderate dems, older white dems, minorities in general ) but her primary strength is with minority voters.

Hillary - Highly experienced, strong debater. Extremely well supported inside party. Very negative media attention.

Sanders - Anti-establishment, liberal populist. further left than the party at large. Also experienced ( but not to same degree ). Much less prone to compromise than traditional Dem candidates, more idealistic. Positive media attention.

Both are well funded and have excellent ground game. ( sanders is even outspending hillary on TV ads currently )

Race in a nutshell - Sanders has a much smaller demographic he's capable of winning over, so he cannot afford to lose any state with a heavy demographic bias towards him. Losing Iowa would functionally put him out of the race, Hillary has wider appeal, and so can afford to lose a few sanders-prone states.

Likely WInner - Hillary
GOP candidates next post

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Darktan13" (Jan 22nd 2016, 6:56pm)

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 6:52pm

The GOP!

Varied and experienced field of candidates, very interesting race. they vary in every metric you could possibly rate them by, including how well they're liked. some of these dudes are downright hated. well funded.

Lets get some of the functionally irrelevant candidates out of the way.

Ben Carson - Evangelical. poor debater. lost all his voters to Cruz. 0 Chance.

Rick Santorum - Anti-Establishment Evangelical. no ground game. 0 Chance.

Rand Paul - Anti-Establishment populist, Anti-interventionist, made irrelevant by world events ( attacks on france, syria, ect. ) 0 Chance.

John Kasich - Establishment, poor ground game outside of new Hampshire, minimal appeal to conservatives ( despite a relatively conservative track record ) 0 chance

To the Low chance candidates we go!

Carly Fiorina. good debater. more libertarian than most. lacks the funds of the others. Mostly seems to be in it for personal career, not to win. isn't particularly strong with any demographic.

Mike Huckabee - Has some support from the party, won Iowa in the past. Evangelical, ex-governer. Almost the VP pick for McCain.

The Real Candidates. (ones with a meaningful chance of winning to some degree)

Jeb Bush! - Big name,Establishment. well supported in party, broad potential support. Decently endorsed by officials. lots of cash. Doesn't seem to be the flavour of the race this time though, not doing too great in the debates. a little out-of-touch almost.

Chris Christie - Strong debater, Establishment. some party support. strong personality, although middling favourability ratings. a lot of baggage, easy target if he starts to pull ahead.

Ted Cruz - Evangelical, Anti-Establishment very conservative. strong personality. low party support. Currently the flavour of the race.

Donald Trump - Anti-Establishment populist. media-king. strongestest personality, zero party support. and probably soon very negative party support. such an easy target no-one knows where to aim. currently driving the tone of the race.

Marco Rubio - Establishment, well supported in party. most conservative establishment figure. broad potential support also decently endorsed by officials. solid cash. establishment flavour of the race currently. fun fact, his parents are cuban.

Race in a nutshell - all over the damn place. Trump is driving the conversation. very anti-establishment race so far. Iowa and New Hampshire are going to drastically cut the field. The last debate is pretty much the entire race so far, in a 2hour ish timespan.

Likely winners - Rubio for the Establishment camp, Cruz for the anti-establishment camp. Bush and Trump are outside chances, but Bush/Christie could pick up if rubio falls.

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 6:57pm

@Darktan13

Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed for Sanders, and I'm not sure I like any of the Republicans, but that doesn't surprise me.

I think we need a British politics thread, wanna make one?
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

• "Nick 30075" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 7:11pm

@Darktan13

Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed for Sanders, and I'm not sure I like any of the Republicans, but that doesn't surprise me.

Oh, please do. I've chatted with Viper about British politics a few times and it seems amusing.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 7:37pm

Sanders does have a road to victory, but its a pretty slim one. We'll find out in a week and a half if he's capable.

And not surprising. if you like sanders, it's unlikely you'd like the republican side. they're pretty heavily conservative this time around ( rubio was once tea-party after all )

annnd there's nothing really going on in Britland atm, London mayor stuff is a while out. the only deal we have atm is the big polling inquiry under Pat Sturgis.

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,205)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 8:38pm

Jeb Bush! - Big name,Establishment. well supported in party, broad potential support. Decently endorsed by officials. lots of cash. Doesn't seem to be the flavour of the race this time though, not doing too great in the debates. a little out-of-touch almost.
Just my opinion, but I'd put no chance on him too: I think people are a little tired of seeing a Bush in the Whiskey Hotel since his dad and brother have both made it there in the past three decades.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 10:29pm

Just my opinion, but I'd put no chance on him too: I think people are a little tired of seeing a Bush in the Whiskey Hotel since his dad and brother have both made it there in the past three decades.

No chance? with what was just listed? no way. I don't think it's extremely likely he'll pick up the nomination, but zero chance is way underselling him. If rubio falls, someone picks up the establishment torch. and you don't get much more establishment than bush.

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,482)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, January 25th 2016, 2:23pm

@Darktan13

Still voting Vermin Supreme. 100%

He is the friendly fascist I trust. He knows what is best for me in my life.

Really, I'd love to see Sanders take Clinton in an underdog upset, but I live in Rhode Island. So, really...my vote doesn't mean jack shit.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

• "Nick 30075" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, January 25th 2016, 6:23pm

Dude, I love Vermin Supreme. I'm probably going to end up voting for him. Because of how the electoral college works*, as a liberal from SC, my vote is discarded. Might as well display my dislike of the current Democrats (Sanders aside) by voting somewhere else.

*The electoral college basically makes states vote as a whole. If you don't vote with the majority of your state then your vote is 'discarded' since each state gets X electoral votes and they're not awarded proportionally. It's dumb and violates the word of our Constitution, but the Supreme Court upheld it (mainly because it gave George Bush the presidency back in 2000 despite him losing the popular vote and the SC back then was pretty...well, it was almost as dumb then as it is today. Scalia <3).
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS