Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, August 28th 2015, 2:38pm

Quoted

Religions have given a societal-/cultural-evolutionary advantage in times of otherwise lacking education, maybe also through mass-control and homogenization. Nowadays we would be better off having religions relevant only for individuals, not for states or masses.

Sun ofc was right, business as usual.

Hey 3VN! Nice to see you back! And being as logical as ever. I must say, you put it beautifully. Though I still think individuals should shy away from it, you bring up an amazingly brief, yet still true, point.

Quoted

eh, im doing fine without it

mfw

Missing out on +1 gold per 4 followers

Missing out on +15% production

Missing out on +2 happiness, culture, and faith per city

Missing out on holy city tourism modifiers

Missing out on whatever other beliefs

Thinks he's "doing fine"

Ahhh, this made me chuckle

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Friday, August 28th 2015, 3:26pm

@Pasta

You have your own religion. You believe in evidence. Good choice. So do i. Unfortunately it lacks of "hope". Religion offers this, but Christians have a horrible way of facing depressions. They say shit like "Everything is going to be fine". This is the source for even deeper depression. There is no change and so the hope and the belief leaves. It would have been a lot better if Christians actually think about the saying:

Heaven helps those who help themselves.

The christian approach of facing depression aka. "praying" could be historical (I am pretty sure about this). Religion was a way of separating the social classes. "Everything is fine as it is" was used to be said in churches. Keeping the clerus and the kings invulnerable of critique.

Therefore religion in general is the enemy of the communists. It prevents the workers from freedom. As it is chanted in "the internationale": "There are no supreme sviours - Neither God, nor Caesar, nor tribune. - Producers, let us save ourselves - decree the common salvation" (I dont know the lyric, so I looked it up on wikipedia)

Now everyone has the (theoretical) chance to achieve any goal he wants. The result is a competitive society. Fortunately, this is the source for our current wealth. Unfortunately, there is a bunch of people who have troubled lifes or horrible incidents. When those people look at their broken life, a depression quickly develops.

If those people just have their believe in evidence and look at the facts of their broken life, they have no reason to live any more. They can provide hard evidence why their suicide is logical.

Religion is something safe they can grab. The last instance, which keeps them off from suicide. Churches just fail to deliver the next step: Making them convinced of themselves.

You would be much more interested in working out if you are convinced from yourself.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 28th 2015, 3:27pm

Just.... just dont try to convince somebody that religion (or somebodys religion in particular) is wrong.

Why not?

Because it is immature and Religion serves a purpose in our society.
still playin' Motorstorm

• "Blue Panda" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, August 28th 2015, 3:52pm

I don't like religion because it holds people back. Our technology would've been so much better if the church didn't keep people ignorant.
+ religious wars are also dumb (eg Al Qaida/ISIS).

Forger21

for all your voodoo needs

(512)

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, August 28th 2015, 3:54pm

mfw

Thinks he's "doing fine"

#PagodaLife

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, August 28th 2015, 4:06pm

Terrorism is a subversion of the religion itself. The majority of muslims are peaceful.

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, August 28th 2015, 4:17pm

mfw

Thinks he's "doing fine"

There's a big difference between thinking im fine and knowing im fine. If i were a believer, i would be asking a god why he puts me thru such trials. Instead i know to blame myself for my mistakes and see a doctor when things get bad instead of praying for the best.

Besides, im not missing out on productivity. My class-specific bonus grants +3 to both Charisma and Resistance

Did you had a crisis before? As long as you come along without it, its perfectly fine. But when you face a crisis religion _can_ help and for most people it does.

Just.... just dont try to convince somebody that religion (or somebodys religion in particular) is wrong.

Granted, I would have difficulties too not to howl with laughter if I meet a Scientologist.

Nah, that aint my thing. Im one of the cool guys. I dont care what beliefs others may have, and i dont expect people to care about mine. I just roll with the waves

And, I made the decision without any sort of crisis. I really never felt any sort of connection to any religion growing up. Here recently in my life i've gone through health problems. That was a big crisis, but it didnt bring me to god. Althouth, my SO is a pretty strong baptist and having her around gives me a soft, warm feeling on the inside. Maybe that's like the "warmth of god" i have heard so much about? I really dont know
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gummybear" (Aug 28th 2015, 4:26pm)

• "Blue Panda" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, August 28th 2015, 4:30pm

Terrorism is a subversion of the religion itself. The majority of muslims are peaceful.

I know, I've been to Turkey earlier this month and the people there are lovely.
It's just another reason why i dislike religion.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, August 28th 2015, 4:33pm

Why not?

Because it is immature and Religion serves a purpose in our society.

You're assuming every religion or belief system out there is universally beneficial. Why would you not attempt to challenge those that aren't?

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 28th 2015, 5:01pm

universally beneficial

I didnt say religion is universally beneficial. Its a helpful tool for people in crisis; It accelerates the ambitious; It sets the common rules for social behaviour (where every religion shares the same principle)

The disadvantages are numerous. Especially the denial of science is horrible.

At this point I have to quote rezal: you cant fix stupid.

Religion tells stupid people how to act and gives them a simpler version of how the world works.

They need a set of rules of behaviour they can follow. Science doesnt give them things like "Do not kill" or "Do not steal". A set of rules they need in their daily life. This set of common social behaviour is set by religion, not justice courts.

No matter how hard you try, you cannot win with facts as they wont comprehend them.

Probably thats Panda's gripe with religion; stupidity and ignorance always goes hand in hand.
still playin' Motorstorm