Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 12:57am

And me? I'm unsure as well...But I just want to sincerely apologise to everyone who doesn't live in the UK for the shit that you've seen. I'd like to bend a knee and ask you all for forgiveness, and I hope that you please PLEASE understand (as insanely fucking hard as it sounds from what you've no doubt heard or seen recently) that not everyone on this little island is a bigoted, xenophobic, right-wing fuck-knuckle. There are some who are simply distraught by this whole state of affairs, who are sickened by the sheer lies and bottomless hatred that they've seen in the recent months, who are genuinely wishing that none of this had ever fucking happened, and who are really really REALLY just hoping for a better world for everybody on this weird little planet. I like to think I'm one of them...

And, as an American, I hope that you accept my equivalent apology for...well...Trump.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 1:21am

There's unsettling far-right xenophobe parties and politicians getting way too close to power all over the west right now. Trump in the US, UKIP in the UK, the FP in Austria, Pegida and the AfD in Germany, Marine Le Pen and her Front National in France, the right wing populists in Poland, the list goes on...

Don't think many of us are currently proud of the political goings-on in their countries.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

• "Blue Panda" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 1:49am

There's unsettling far-right xenophobe parties and politicians getting way too close to power all over the west right now. Trump in the US, UKIP in the UK, the FP in Austria, Pegida and the AfD in Germany, Marine Le Pen and her Front National in France, the right wing populists in Poland, the list goes on...

Don't think many of us are currently proud of the political goings-on in their countries.

That's what happens with stuff like Islamic State and refugees flooding countries.
People get scared.

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 7:47am

You don't have to worry about Trump being elected. Though if you were in my position you may worry a bit, more so for what the alternative is. The rest of the world might know Donald Trump because he can't keep his mouth shut and likes to say anything that will get him in the news. But the way I put it yesterday when talking about the current elections here is this: Should I be more concerned with what Donald Trump will do to the rest of the world, or what Hillary Clinton will do to me?

I trust Trump to not throw his country under the bus the way I fear Clinton will. While Trump may be a bigot and spout incredible amounts of racism every time he gets the chance, Hillary Clinton is a career criminal, with multiple FBI investigations ongoing currently, and a few others that were stopped years ago. She values nothing about my country, and has proven it through acts that I would classify as treasonous, most recently her email story where she endangered over a dozen previously anonymous US special forces operatives by storing their names in email on a private server that was not secured. Amazingly, on top of that, during the 30+ years that Bill and Hillary have had any kind of substantial political power, 46 people who were close with the Clinton's in government have died. Many of them never had a cause of death determined past a gunshot wound or a "suicide", of which multiple suicide notes were reported, but never released to the public.

So what am I to do? Vote for Trump and let the rest of your leaders deal with him? Vote for Clinton and elect the most corrupt politician the US has ever had into office for probably 8 years? It doesn't sound so crazy to vote for Trump now does it?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "yugas42" (Jun 23rd 2016, 8:44am)

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 8:10am

You don't have to worry about Trump being elected. Though if you were in my position you may worry a bit, more so for what the alternative is. The rest of the world might know Donald Trump because he can't keep his mouth shut and likes to say anything that will get him in the news. But the way I put it yesterday when talking about the current elections here is this: Should I be more concerned with what Donald Trump will do to the rest of the world, or what Hillary Clinton will do to me?

I trust Trump to not throw his country under the bus the way I fear Clinton will. While Trump may be a bigot and spout incredible amounts of racism every time he gets the chance, Hillary Clinton is a career criminal, with multiple FBI investigations ongoing currently, and a few others that were stopped years ago. She values nothing about my country, and has proven it through acts that I would classify as treasonous, most recently her email story where she endangered over a dozen previously anonymous US special forces operatives by storing their names in email on a private server that was not secured. Amazingly, on top of that, during the 30+ years that Bill and Hillary have had any kind of substantial political power, 46 people who were close with the Clinton's in government have died. Many of them never had a cause of death determined past a gunshot wound or a "suicide", of which multiple suicide notes were reported, but never released to the public.

So what am I to do? Vote for Trump and let the rest of your leaders deal with him? Vote for Clinton and elect the most corrupt politician the US has ever had into office for probably 8 years? It doesn't sound so crazy to vote for Trump now does it?

I'm in a similar vote and I'll add a little:

Trump was pretty liberal on most things, he used to be a big supporter of single-payer healthcare, mostly anti-war, sane opinions on racial affairs, etc., etc.

Clinton has voted relatively conservative on a lot of issues--wars in the ME, the drug war, predatory credit policies targeting the poor, etc., etc.

Suddenly, both of them have MASSIVE changes of heart for this election. The worst time to trust a politician is when they want an office, I will trust voting records over campaign promises (still waiting on a few things from Obama). And by that metric, Clinton is the conservative party.

Besides that, election reform is pretty close to a single-ticket issue for me--if we our democracy is fundamentally broken from the start then there's no way we can use it to solve REAL problems. I would argue that, with how undemocratically Clinton has handled her campaign what with blackmailing/buying out media, the google thing, the vote-tossing thing, that she's the worst candidate from this entire goddamn election to choose for election reform.

Still, if we must vote, we ought to vote for the friendlier fascist.

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

Quoted

Quoted

10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

Quoted

Quoted

(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 8:18am

Amazingly, on top of that, during the 30+ years that Bill and Hillary have had any kind of substantial political power, 46 people who were close with the Clinton's in government have died. Many of them never had a cause of death determined past a gunshot wound or a "suicide", of which multiple suicide notes were reported, but never released to the public.

disproven.

fun fact, if i know you well enough, i bet i can pin 40ish deaths of people "close to you" on you and label them all as being "mysterious".

always remember: trust, but verify. don't believe everything you read.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tehmoriz" (Jun 23rd 2016, 8:31am)

This post by "yugas42" (Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 8:26am) has been deleted by the author himself (Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 8:27am) with the following reason: breaking my own rules, i'm out

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 8:30am

Alright, this is getting way off-topic. It should probably stop.

I'm going to go to bed in the near future, preliminary results (well okay, polling trends at least) should be up by the time I wake up.

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted from "Pheozero"

Quoted

Quoted

(the album in question)

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 8:30am

Trump was pretty liberal on most things, he used to be a big supporter of single-payer healthcare, mostly anti-war, sane opinions on racial affairs, etc., etc.

Clinton has voted relatively conservative on a lot of issues--wars in the ME, the drug war, predatory credit policies targeting the poor, etc., etc.

Hillary Clinton on the Issues

Donald Trump on the Issues

Wat.

At least research your own candiates mate.

Trump is more liberal on serveral issues than his republican counterparts, but not more than clinton, not by a longshot.

Clinton is largely more liberal than obama was.

And the word you're looking for is 'Hawkish', which isn't a left-right thing.

Clinton is more Hawkish than Obama.

Fun Fact, Trump wasn't anti-war, he came out in support of the ME wars originally. Also he has continually supported bombing stuff.
also. go back to your own thread, American :D

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 8:32am

Responding to Dark then dropping the off-topic--
Her history is pretty contradictory. As a pessimist, I'm inclined to believe the worst. That was what I was trying to convey. I don't like Trump, I think that he's a walking disaster, but I don't think that he's going to cause long-term damage like Clinton will. He'll get stonewalled by Congress a ton and if he DOES break anything then it'll spur massive reform to our entire system, which would be a huge long-term boon. I'm not a Trump fan at all, I think that his election would set a dangerous precedent for local elections, but at the same time, I think that the potential damage he could cause is relatively limited.

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted from "Pheozero"

Quoted

Quoted