Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Wargasm" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, April 21st 2014, 8:03pm

Silencers?

Playing with the Kraber and the Longbow the other day it seems the damage and range reduction was pretty severe. With the Kraber the silencer seemed to make it a 2 hit kill after a certain range, but i'm not quite sure.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, April 21st 2014, 8:19pm

kraber does 190 damage with silencer, so it s always a 2 hit kill, regardless of range.

Date of registration
: Nov 11th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 1:44pm

Personally, I think silencers are useless... The damage drop-off feels punishing in this game, unless you get up close and personal

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, April 23rd 2014, 2:08pm

Silencers affect the weapon's damage in Titanfall a lot more than in BF/CoD yes, but they are also way more usefull. Why?
In BF/CoD the only enemies you kill are other players. With silencer, other players won't be able to pinpoint you with mini-map or audio (and/or visual) but you trade that with damage. However it's only usefull if you actually don't want to get hunted by enemies using mini-map.
In Titanfall, if you want to kill grunts and spectres (like I do, when there are groups of those around), killing them lits you up for enemies and they have advantage over you as they know where you are and you might not know where they are. With silencer, you can kill grunts in peace with reasonably high confidence nobody will come to chase you. Also the fact the game is kind of like CoD with bit bigger maps (only 6vs6 teams, no 32vs32), being lit up in mini-map can be fatal if enemy knows how to use it. The openess of maps and "third dimension" of the motion (wallrunning, higher jumps, higher places) also just solidifies mini-map's place in the gameplay.

Kraber is one exception tho. Nerfing that sniper to two-shots-kill seems bit too brutal, especially because the trace of the rounds gives away your position. Keeping it OHK is not an option either tho. Maybe adding an actual drop off, like keeping it OHK to mediumish distance (hard to say distances, but something like carbine's effective range?) and then drops below 200? This would turn the sniper into quick-scope thing, but it wouldn't make it that useless considering the weapon seems to be meant for OHKs in general.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 2:17am

Silencers affect the weapon's damage in Titanfall a lot more than in BF/CoD yes, but they are also way more usefull. Why?
In BF/CoD the only enemies you kill are other players. With silencer, other players won't be able to pinpoint you with mini-map or audio (and/or visual) but you trade that with damage. However it's only usefull if you actually don't want to get hunted by enemies using mini-map.
In Titanfall, if you want to kill grunts and spectres (like I do, when there are groups of those around), killing them lits you up for enemies and they have advantage over you as they know where you are and you might not know where they are. With silencer, you can kill grunts in peace with reasonably high confidence nobody will come to chase you. Also the fact the game is kind of like CoD with bit bigger maps (only 6vs6 teams, no 32vs32), being lit up in mini-map can be fatal if enemy knows how to use it. The openess of maps and "third dimension" of the motion (wallrunning, higher jumps, higher places) also just solidifies mini-map's place in the gameplay.

Kraber is one exception tho. Nerfing that sniper to two-shots-kill seems bit too brutal, especially because the trace of the rounds gives away your position. Keeping it OHK is not an option either tho. Maybe adding an actual drop off, like keeping it OHK to mediumish distance (hard to say distances, but something like carbine's effective range?) and then drops below 200? This would turn the sniper into quick-scope thing, but it wouldn't make it that useless considering the weapon seems to be meant for OHKs in general.
Your still very audible even with a suppressor on the gun. Yeah it's not as long of a range as without but it's enough to give you away just as easily as if you aren't very careful. The damage trade off makes time to kill at range longer so you can't even make use of the shorter noise range. Just based on my experience. Other peoples will differ probably.

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 11:43am

I must say i am running arround now with a silencer on my carbine and i quite like it. I dont feel there is alot less damage etc and staying of the mini map is really helpfull.
Especially in Atrittion when you are killing grunts the whole time. I just now looked at the stats and was suprised that the "less damage" with a supressor wasnt that big.
50 to 49 and 40 to 34. Sure that makes it a 5 bullet kill and close range instead of a 4 bullet but i didnt really noticed any difference.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 7:36pm

Yep! Silencer is good in Titanfall. ^^ The drawback in damage is not too strong and the game using hitscan means it doesn't screw up the ballistic ^^

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, June 1st 2014, 8:51pm

Only dont put it on a shotgun haha. Its terrible then.

Date of registration
: Jun 18th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 9:23pm

R101C with silencer is still a beast at almost all ranges, thanks to its accurancy and nearly-no-recoil.

Rate this thread