Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "RAPR" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 9:47pm

Auto-Titan best weapon and weapon unlocks

I was curious what everyone's thoughts were as to the best weapon and unlocks were for an auto-titan, especially with the Guardian Chip in use.
I hear that it has pretty good accuracy, so 40mm, arc cannon, or railgun could be possible. I am just not sure how the AI handles weapons that require a charged shot for various damage. Example, does the AI know a half charge is needed to kill a pilot or does it bother charging the weapon up to attack another titan.

Lastly, when your auto-titan gets a kill with a particular weapon, does it count toward the number of kills required to unlock different weapon attachments, like capacitor, ext mags, insta-kill, etc. I read that auto-titan kills do not count toward challenges, but wasn't sure about weapon unlocks.

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:24am

I have a lot of success with my Auto-titan using the 40mm. It even scores kills on pilots with the guardian chip installed. In my experience, the AI doesn't make the most of charging weapons like a player would. Not to say the AI won't hit with them but players will often pre-charge or even burn chain gun ammo to get up to optimal dps. Rockets have been the worst for me. Even with the chip, it doesn't seem to understand how to lead targets and will take shots that are likely to miss.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 7:36pm

I would expect that the 40mm would be best and possibly the chain-gun as 2nd best. The auto-titan might not know to anticipate movement and lead fire, but will probably be dead on accurate with the guardian chip when using instant weapons.

Does the auto-titan know to use electric smoke when being rodeod? If so you can just park your buddy in a corner and let him pick people off without fear of a cloaked pilot taking him out.

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 5:03am

I have never seen my auto-titan use smoke in direct response to a pilot jumping on. I have seen it pop smoke when taking multiple source of damage or when a another titan gets too close. The AI seems to treat it like a panic button. Oddly enough I find my auto-titan does pretty well with the vortex shield. At the very least, it will increase the auto-titans lifespan by absorbing a few hits. I tend to stay near my auto-titan and watch for riders so it never really needs to have smoke on it. More often than not it leads to free kills. I am curious if the guardian chip increases auto-titan accuracy with shooting back ammo with the vortex shield.

Date of registration
: Nov 11th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 2:23pm

As far as I know, the titan AI completely shuts down when being rodeod... so it wont do anything.

I'm curious, does the auto-titan charge the arc cannon? That'd be a pretty powerful combination with the guardian chip

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 1:13am

Ogre with 40mm is best. Ogre because the auto-titan is going to die eventually and the AI doesn't really ake use of mobility so that extra health pool makes it much more effective. And the 40mm because it is the best general purpose weapon with good alpha and splash damage that is simple for the AI to use.

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 3:15pm

Ogre with 40mm is best. Ogre because the auto-titan is going to die eventually and the AI doesn't really ake use of mobility so that extra health pool makes it much more effective. And the 40mm because it is the best general purpose weapon with good alpha and splash damage that is simple for the AI to use.

Not only that, the auto-titans don't need to reload, they have a bottomless magazine. Makes burst fire 40mm on auto-titans insane (and extended mags on any auto-Titan useless)

Complete auto-titan load-out:

Ogre
40mm - Burst fire
Vortex Shield
Rocket Salvo
Nuclear Ejection
Survivor

Guardian Chip (on Pilot load-out)

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 3:48am

Not only that, the auto-titans don't need to reload, they have a bottomless magazine. Makes burst fire 40mm on auto-titans insane (and extended mags on any auto-Titan useless)

Ogre
40mm - Burst fire
Vortex Shield
Rocket Salvo
Nuclear Ejection
Survivor

I don't think I've ever seen an auto titan go nuclear. Are you sure it can make use of that?

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, April 21st 2014, 4:47pm

Ogre
40mm - Burst fire
Vortex Shield
Rocket Salvo
Nuclear Ejection
Survivor

I don't think I've ever seen an auto titan go nuclear. Are you sure it can make use of that?

I'll check as soon as I'm back at college from Easter.

In case it doesn't- replace Nuclear with Shields and you're fine.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, April 21st 2014, 5:44pm

@Menubalk
@MadMattDog

I don't think it's smart enough to use that. Never really used Nuke Ejection, though: Auto-Eject's denial of termination deaths is just too good.

As for weapons, I'd say that the 40-mil and the chain gun are probably your best bets. Auto-Titans don't aim or make full use of charged weapons, so that leaves the arc cannon and the railgun out. Triple Threat isn't much of a use, either, since it'd probably walk into the blast radius and damage itself. The Quad rocket wouldn't work that well, either, unless you added Rapid Fire to it.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)