Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Wargasm" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, March 31st 2014, 7:19pm

What is the most effective Anti-Titan weapon?

Sidewinder
Mag Launcher
Archer Heavy Rocket
Charge Rifle

I have had alot of success with the Charge Rifle from across the map. It seems to be even more effective when you go for critical hits so it gets my vote.

I like to look at DPS, does anyone know what the effective fire rate is for the Archer Heavy Rocket and the Charge Rifle? Its definitely not 120rpm or 60 rpm.

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 1:56am

I use the lock on Launcher mainly because it's got heavy damage but also keeps the titans annoyed by lock-ons and is devastating when they're in battle with another Titan and can't really react and do anything about it. Basically it's good for medium range because close range is rodeo time and long range is not worth it.
Something cool should go here.

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 6:39pm

Charge Rifle is the best overall
Mag Launcher is great also as you can spam the hell out of it & let the magnets do their thing. F**king magnets. How do they work?

Date of registration
: Nov 11th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 7:14pm

Rodeoing a Titan with the charge rifle is a blast (literally), since it has no splash damage, and you can easily knock down 1/4 of their health in one go. Combine this with the amped version and you can down an Ogre before the pilot can say electric smoke!

That said, I dont really like the weapon outside of that though, as the bright light is a telltale sign, and the unamped version's charge time is really slow.

The Archer is quite nice, but I've often killed myself with it, just because the pilot dashed to the side, causing the rocket to slam into a wall next to me (silly rocket).

The sidewinder is nice, and you can even use it as an anti-pilot weapon in a pinch, but the damage feels lacking if you cant hit the full magazine.

The mag launcher feels like an upgraded sidewinder to me, and is a real pain in the ass if used against titans since you can fire them across walls.

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:13am

Sidewinder:
Pros:
-Good dps
-Requires no lock-on or charging
-Somewhat useful vs pilots

Cons
-Titans can easily dash out of range (making it hard to reach its full damage potential)
-Relatively short range
-Lacks a mechanic to ensure hits (magnets, instant projectile speed, lock-on)

Mag Launcher:
Pros
-Good Dps
-Easy to land hits with proper positioning
-Requires no lock-on or charging
Cons
-Shortest optimal range. Good positioning pretty much required
-Titans can easily dash out of range (making it hard to reach its full damage potential)
-Grenades fire in arcs and have delayed damage
-Magnets do not work on pilots

Archer Heavy Rocket:
Pros
- High Damage
- Good range
- Tracks targets
Cons
-Requires Lock-on
-Requires line of sight for lock on
-Warns target of lock-on
-Lock-on doesn't guarantee a hit
-Only really useful for Anti-Titan

Charge Rifle:
Pros
-Solid damage
-Long range
-Very precise
-Near instant impact
-Can work as a sniper rifle in a pinch
Cons
-Requires charging
-Reveals your position upon firing

IMHO the Charge Rifle is best all around

It offers solid damage (especially when used on critical points) while remaining flexible. It is as effective in close range as long and you can even snipe pilots with it.
While the Amped Archer damage does make up for some of its weaknesses,it requires a burn card.

theaha

(1,051)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:18am

in my experience its gotta be the mags.when using it and going against it makes me rethink in a way that the other launchers don't.
----------------------------
<Haemoglobin> I was like LOLOLOLOL HERE COMES THE PAIN
----------------------------
<J0hn> if it's a computer, i touch it... professionally
---------------------------

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:00pm

I find that the Sidewinder and Mag launcher are best used in a harassing or supportive role and not really good at actually killing titans. Their low alpha damage output means that you have to continuosly pelt the titan over an extended period of time. Also these two also are much better for mobility because A.) they fire instantly with no lock or charge up time and B.) they have a magazine with multiple rounds. For me it works best when I have a buddy in a titan or even my auto-titan is distracting the enemy while I will flank around or above and just stack addition damage onto it eventually bringing it down.

However the Archer and Charge Rifle are much better at actually killing enemy titans, their high damage means you don't have to worry too much about having to continuously fire at the titan, which you can't do anyways because of the longish charge-up/lock-on time and reload, but this gives you time to plan and reposition yourself for your next attack. However they do come at a cost of making you pretty much have to be stationary and exposed when aiming the weapon while also leaving you very vulnerable when reloading, as well as revealing your position while locking-on (archer) or after you fire (CR). But if you play smart and move around during your long reload time you will have a decent chance of avoiding the titan and still be able to take it down. But because of the last drawback the CR gets the advantage because it only shows where you fired from, rather than giving the target an arrow pointing directly at you warning him of the impending archer rocket.

All-in-all I think the CR is probably the best at taking down titans, but the Mag-launcher and Sidewinder are both really good supporting weapons for more teamwork

• "Wargasm" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 7:51pm

With more thought i think the Mag launcher is probably a close second best. I think about survivability and the likelihood of pulling off a shot. With the Charge Rifle you have to constantly throttle the charge to keep it ready, which works pretty well if you are in a safe vantage point. Titans move quickly though and by the time you charge up the CR your line of sight could be lost which is where the Mag excels at pulling off 3-4 shots to weaken the health of a retreating titan.

When it comes to survivability i think the sidewinder is the worst. The shots make it very obvious where you are shooting from as it makes a neat line of gray circles leading back to the pilot and you are always close enough so that you can be easily picked off. Also, with the Mag i think you can lead fire a little with some anticipation and skill to increase the effective range and unlike the Archer, the titan wont know you're there until you've already hit him with 2-3 shots.

So maybe it is best by role:

Distance, open map = Charge Rifle
Short, closed map = Mag launcher

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 7:54pm

Mag launcher has a surprisingly long range and fast projectile speed. When you learn the arc you can reliably hit targets from longer ranges than you can with the sidewinder. It outclasses it in nearly every respect. The Charge rifle is the only thing better than the Mag Launcher in terms of range and accuracy, and damage. It's either one of those 2. The Sidewinder is ok, with the Archer being the worst out of them all. You can side dash and dodge the rocket.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 7th 2014, 11:57am

For me the Mag-Launcher is the best one, followed by the sidewinder. The lock on one is good to actually get kills through destroying a titan because the others only do constant damage that makes it easy to bail out before getting killed. But I only have a bit experience with it from the games right after leveling up and no sidewinder/mag-launcher is unlocked. I canīt say very much in therms of effectiveness of the charge rifle because I donīt use/like it that much.