Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, March 17th 2014, 8:56pm

Yea smoke plus cluster bomb destroys the particle walls

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, March 18th 2014, 7:21am

IMO, the strength of the vortex shield is its uptime.

You can raise it quickly to negate a high spike of damage, and then lower it in an instant. You'll be able to use it again in only a few moments. The other utilities can be used in a similar fashion to negate damage, but they go on a considerably longer cooldown when you use them.

Date of registration
: Jun 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 3:02pm

Yeah, i can't give up the Vortex Shield. If I ever hear the missile lock sound I can turn to face the incoming missile, catch it and kill something with it. There is little more satisfying than killing a pilot with his own Archer rocket. You can use a Titan's own ordnance to damage his particle wall. If I'm fighting some-one who has more Vortex charge than I do or is obviously quick on the draw, I'll use his rockets to blow up a nearby group of spectres, or at ones of his buddies in a multi-Titan fight.

I've had some success using the MTMS during a Titan fight and aiming up at close range to allow me to arc the rockets over their vortex shield or particle wall and into their back. The ability to orient the Vortex provides a counter to this, because you can dash backwards to change the trajectory and aim the vortex shield up to catch the missile. This also works if they fire before you dash behind a wall, because you can use the shield, and when they come around the corner to chase you, you've got a handfull of rockets to throw at them. I've noticed the shield also catches grenades, allowing you to throw them back into windows.

This post by "BROFESSI0NAL" (Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 12:13pm) has been deleted by user "Legion" (Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 3:14pm) with the following reason: No advertising

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, April 21st 2014, 3:30pm

So I finally bought the game! ('lost' my job, so I had to save up a bit...) Here are my five Titan Loadouts at the moment:

Atlas #1 & #2
40mm Cannon, Extended Mag (#2 swap out 40mm Cannon for XO-16 Chaingun, Accelerator)
Vortex Shield
Cluster Missile
Regen Booster
Core Extender

The Atlas is great for DPS with the damage boost core ability making core extender an obvious choice here, Regen Booster I like for the increased survivability, cluster missile is my favourite ordnance because there is no lock to give me away and it has continued DPS if they stay in the blast. Vortex shield I like because it again adds to the survivabilty and can be used offensively. The weapon choices are pretty standard, however the XO-16 with the accelerator and damage core + core extender is awesome IMO.

Ogre

40mm Cannon, Extended Mag
Vortex Shield
Cluster Missile
Regen Booster
Big Punch

Pretty similar to the Atlas set up but Big punch is really good on the Ogre... The Ogre is probably my least favourite Titan chassis though...

Stryder #1 & #2
Arc Cannon, no mod (#2 swap out Arc Cannon for 40mm Cannon with Extended Mag)
Electric Smoke
Cluster Missile
Dash Quickcharger
Core Accelerator

I really like the Stryder titan! It is an amazing hit and run Titan. The Arc Cannon I like because there is no reload and you can charge while dashing and moving around. Electric smoke is not only important due rodeos being lethal on Stryder titans but it is also a REALLY good offensive tool, Especially coupled with the Stryder. Also with the Stryder vortex shield isn't in my opinion as important because you want to stay mobile. My strategy with the Stryder is flanking and surprise attacks. Dash up smoke, dash back cluster missile, fire charged arc cannon, dash to cover and win! With this combo you can pretty much almost kill a titan from full health before they know what is going on, as a result of the combined DPS from smoke and cluster missile. Dash Quickcharger helps stay evasive which is important with the Stryder and Core Accelerator helps get back dash core for more flanking opportunities.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, April 30th 2014, 10:54pm

I've been very surprised I have not seen anyone else giving the Rapid Fire Rockets a run. Below is my favorite setup at the moment.

Atlas
Quad Rocket/Rapid Fire
Multi-Target Missile System
Electric Smoke
Regen Booster
Survivor

This is my Titan killer class. Weapon selection is ideal for dooming titans. Against titans, this weapon selection allows for a constant barrage of missiles to deal damage. When having to reload the Quad Rocket, the MTMS can be used to continue dealing damage so the opponent's shield can not regenerate. I do this by only launching 2-3 MTMS missiles at a time. The mobility of the Atlas is desired, since this loadout is great at firing on the move or running circles around opponent. Since this loadout does not require you to ADS to fire, you can fire from the hip and stay mobile. This is why the mobility of the Atlas is preferred over the Ogre. The Stryder is not preferred since this loadout is mostly effective in medium-close engagement, due to the missiles having slow movement speed. The addition dash of the Atlas and move speed is also important when playing against the Vortex Shield. Since using rockets, the Vortex could be a problem for inexperienced players. For skilled players, a sideways dash is all you need to avoid a return salvo of the Vortex.

The Regen Booster is ideal since this loadout is basically 'war against shields', and recharging shields faster to catch the opponent with shields still down is perfect. The MTMS also tracks around corners, in case opponent tries to retreat to charge shields. In case you are losing the battle or caught off guard, the mobility of the Atlas and the Electric Smoke allows for an easy escape. Survivor is preferred since it will allow for 1 more salvo of hell to be unleashed before ejecting, which can likely doom 1 more opponent.

The only negative about this class is the difficulty of killing fast pilots. The slow rockets are hard to lead pilots and the MTMS does not launch at infantry. However, the smoke is good for stopping rodeos and the Atlas mobility to dash over and punch pilots is pretty easy.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "RAPR" (Apr 30th 2014, 11:40pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 6:51pm

IMO, the strength of the vortex shield is its uptime.

You can raise it quickly to negate a high spike of damage, and then lower it in an instant. You'll be able to use it again in only a few moments. The other utilities can be used in a similar fashion to negate damage, but they go on a considerably longer cooldown when you use them.
It's not guaranteed prevention. You can still hit a Titans legs while they have the shield up.