Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 8:13am

The thing that really kills it, is that it's a projectile based weapon versus a hitscan, it comes off as a sniperish weapon, but with a longer lead time on top of needing to charge it for serious makes this weapon not that useful, unless as a support against longer ranged targets in LTS, where the surprise of a highly damaging one shot can sway a battle one way o the other.

Date of registration
: Jun 22nd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 12:48pm

Oh god I just started Gen 3 today and it is awful. I think it would actually be a decent weapon with double the ammo capacity and increase the projectile speed to near instant. But right now you just can't do anything with it. The charge damage isn't worth the time it takes and the reload is slow and frequent, and the hip accuracy on this thing is incredibad. I tried to hip-fire a Spectre within punching range and missed. It is awful against the dropship, too.

The only way I'm making progress on the dooming challenge is by going for killsteals, and that isn't really good sport.

Date of registration
: Jun 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 1:37pm

Three charged rounds brings down a titan. Use it with cluster missiles and you've got yourself a winning combo.

For pilots and grunts you want to quickscope with it, for the aimed 0 spread.

• "Bnplay" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 1:58pm

Three charged rounds brings down a titan. Use it with cluster missiles and you've got yourself a winning combo.

For pilots and grunts you want to quickscope with it, for the aimed 0 spread.

When They spam you with 10-20 rounds 40MM? and who will stand long enough to take full damage from cluster?

The annoying things about railgun Vs Pilot is, when they use Side-Winder spam at me and my screen shake like it have a tiny earthquake below my foot that happen 10 times per 1 second
and i need to hit those pilots with my railgun while being in zoom mode with require to hit any target within those 1.5 millimeter zoom box. [___ ___]
What you see, is not what you think.... netcode

Date of registration
: Jun 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 6:49am

Ok, I finished the Plasma challenge and reached G4. I figured I'd come back and post some tips.
-Use full charge to doomsteal 10 times, then equip the instant charge upgrade.
-You will get better at hitting moving pilots and infantry, but until you do make sure you equip Rocket Salvo or Cluster Missile to help you kill pilots.
-Don't hipfire unless you are in punch range. The deviation is insane.
-Hit and run from range. You are a sniper. Always have cover and an exit route. I recommend Atlas or Stryder. If you're playing LTS don't charge in, use the railgun to support other Titans.
-You just can't hit things while you're getting screen shake so dodge in, dodge out.
-Reload early, reload often. Don't wait until you've spent all 4-5 shots. Any time you have a chance to get back into cover, reload. In a straight up fight the amount of reloading you have to do will get you doomed.
-Go for those crits. Usually I don't recommend using ordnance against shields, but you're better off using your rockets/missiles to engage the vulnerable state and go for those crits. Flank to get the back shots for the larger crit area. You're going to want to keep firing, but if you have to wait a few seconds to line up a shot, it is worth it.
-Even if you're using the instant charge, hold your fire. They can see the weapon is charged by the yellow heat glow and they will try to dodge the projectile. Hold your fire until they have exhausted their dashes to have a better chance of a hit/crit.
-Look up. Titans don't usually look up, but snipers are often standing still and it is incredibly satisfying to vaporize them.
-Damage Core. Don't drop your Titan in a Titan fight. You will die quickly. Drop it on the other side of the map if you can and go grunt hunting. Run over the Ai, equip burn cards that increase your core charge, etc. With Damage Core this weapon is a beast.
-Appreciate the weapon's aesthetic. Despite it being weaker than the 40mm in almost every area, it is a bad-arse looking gun. Take some time to appreciate the action of the ball-joint that spins up the battery.

Date of registration
: May 8th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 9:41pm

I believe the Plasma Railgun is meant for a different playstyle. You're not the one fighting in close. You're meant to, in my opinion, be a supporting role where the 40mm or other class removes the shields then you power in 1 shot and take them almost nothing or doomed state.

The 40mm is the most OP gun in the game and according the previous nerf release notes they wanted it to be the only to take a Titan by itself. I find it easy to use the 40mm because even while no scoping you have little trouble hitting the criticals. Naturally, other guns will pale in comparison. Therefore, you must look to playstyle to determine its best use. A lot of the game seems designed around teamwork. So, the Plasma Railgun is a support/spiker gun.

I agree it should be boosted. The additional 1 shot for the extended magazine is far too small. The reason we feel powerless with it is that most of the game is a CQB and every 6 shots plus recharging it? Yeah, let's just say its usually over before that happens.