Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 12:52am

I think they've really messed up the weapon balancing. Why would I ever use the Hemlok or G2A4 for anything but trolling? Heck, the only thing you might want to not use the R101C for is hipfire - and it's not even that bad at that. The TTKs are troubling:

Hemlok BF-R: Unknown, but if we assume a 0,5s burst delay it's roughly a 0,34s ttk if all rounds from the first burst and the first from the second burst hit (not likely)

G2A4: roughly a 0,28s ttk if the three first shots hit.

R101C: 0,22s if all four bullets hit. It also seems to have far less recoil than the other two rifles.

It even makes the smgs sweat a lot up close, their only advantage being tighter hipfire:

CAR: 0,21s if all four shots hit.

R-97: 0,25s if all five bullets hit.

TTK calculations don't really work for longer ranges, but since the R101C requires 50% more bullets than the G2A4 at range and shoots about 92% faster with a whole lot less (perceived, stats not here yet) recoil and much easier use due to full auto mode, I don't think balancing works out at all so far.

I've found that the scale of the map, and parkour play a much bigger role in ttk than the statistical ttk. For example, I can regularly beat out pilots who are using the R101c with the B3 wingman (ttk 0.38s no headshots) even though the R101C has a faster ttk. I think the R101C was made as a starter rifle meant to be capable in novice hands, so it has a marginal advantage, that anyone using another weapon can beat with better skills in parkour, and even with equal skills in parkour, this being like CoD, with small ttks, means usually who ever shoots first wins, regardless of weapon.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 1:54am

thta doesn't apply if you have have the fastes trigger-finger in the world though thanks to the match trigger.(i get around 520 rpm,how much ttk would that be to me?)

That would put you at roughly 0.23s - and at a heavy disadvantage because A) you're not likely to hit all shots while clicking. It necessarily screws with your aim. B) you're out after eight shots. If there's more than one pilot, run. Oh wait, that won't work either :P

I've found that the scale of the map, and parkour play a much bigger role in ttk than the statistical ttk. For example, I can regularly beat out pilots who are using the R101c with the B3 wingman (ttk 0.38s no headshots) even though the R101C has a faster ttk. I think the R101C was made as a starter rifle meant to be capable in novice hands, so it has a marginal advantage, that anyone using another weapon can beat with better skills in parkour, and even with equal skills in parkour, this being like CoD, with small ttks, means usually who ever shoots first wins, regardless of weapon.

I agree that it is a suitable starter weapon, but I also think that applies to the CAR and R-97 as well, and let's not forget the smart pistol and eva-8. Now consider this: unless you're hipfiring all the time (especially with the B3 Wingman, which seems to be extremely accurate that way), wouldn't you simply do better with the R101C?

In my eyes it's basically an exaggerated ACE-23 (or M16A3) with no TTK disadvantage to other guns worth mentioning.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Dec 13th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 11:54pm

Do we have TTK on the anti titan weapons, on, say, an Atlas? Particularly looking for the TTK difference between the Archer and the Charge Rifle.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, March 20th 2014, 12:30am

Do we have TTK on the anti titan weapons, on, say, an Atlas? Particularly looking for the TTK difference between the Archer and the Charge Rifle.

Honestly we're not 100% sure what values mean for chargable weapons (in case of arc cannon I'd guess it's dmg with full charge), and creating TTK charts for these kind of weapons really depends on how the gun is used. Just my hunch here, but I'd say Charge Rifle kills slightly faster, considering it can do critical hits that are quite nasty.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 2:06am

I think an archer would kill faster because of impact damage(2500)+explosion damage (2500) as long as factors don't mess you up such as( Titan moving away, losing lock on, Titan finding your location and killing you, getting killed by another player) but for me I would use the charge rifle because you have less of a chance of being spotted and you can hit a Titan that is barely peaking over an object

Date of registration
: Jun 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 11:22am

You do have that miniature sun at the charge rifle's muzzle though, visible to most people looking in your general direction.

Rate this thread