Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Ischaldirh

Unregistered

Monday, March 4th 2013, 8:09am

Anti-Personele Mines

I was wondering what the differences are between the different faction-specific mines are. Obviously the Claymore does a big directional blast, as opposed to a radial blast. However I'm a little fuzzy on the functional difference between Bouncing Betty mines and Proximity mines. I get that BB's jump before exploding, but - does that offer a specific advantage? Do Proxies get something else to set them apart? Or are the two pretty much the same thing with different appearances and explode animations?

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 4th 2013, 8:47am

I don't know how could this relate to PS2 (which I haven't played), but I assume you're referring to the BB/Claymore of BO2.

Okay, so:

The Betty offers a multidirectional blast, meaning that wherever the enemy comes from, it will deal damage. Whereas the Claymore is a directional mine, so unless the enemy is on the Area of Effect of the mine it won't deal damage.

Now as for comparison, the Betty has a slower detonation time, besides the spring animation, so they're really easy to dodge of you can hear the characteristic sound it makes.

The Claymore wins in this aspect as, even if being directional, it triggers much faster, and is unavoidable.

The BB has the advantage of being able to be thrown, used either as a defensive of a somewhat offensive role.

All in all, I use neither, since I have a fairly mobile play style, so even if I am using weapons where I'll set up in different places, a grenade or similar is more of use to me.

Not to mention that I run Engineer on a great deal of my classes, so that renders all defensively placed enemy equipment into points :3
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Ischaldirh

Unregistered

Monday, March 4th 2013, 9:29am

Oscar: No, I am talking about Planetside 2. Infiltrators and Engineers can equip anti-personnel mines in their Utility slot. The specific mine used is faction-specific.