Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, December 29th 2012, 2:44pm

Tank damage and analyses.

Before I start. I play VS and I am going to call this how I see it. Magrider is fucked. Now lets begin.

Ok to start with here are the two links that I have stolen my info from:

Planetside 2 Tank Gun Data

(This one has all the damages of air weapons too. Will do a write up on them later.)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?…QxMUJHNXc#gid=0

Everything you ever wanted to know about tanks : Planetside

If you just want the info tho I have cut it down to the basics:
(Note that the Lightning's guns share damage across all three factions. I just removed the other factions from the stats to cut down on unneeded size.)

Shots to kill:

Note that the Prowler does fire two shots in quick succession.

Here is what you need to know. The Heavy's all have 8000 points of health, the Lightning has 4500. The reason the Vanguards are said to be stronger is because they only take 75% of a hit on the front where everyone else takes 90%. Line up looks as follows:

Vanguard Front: 75%
Prowler/Mag Front: 90%
Side: 100%
Top: 100%
Rear: 240%

Analyses.

Mag is OP as hell. Agile and can mount a sniping AT cannon on top (HRB). When you put extra front Armour on it you become a tank killer. Even if you have HE on your main cannon you can turn and face a target and do enough damage with both guns faster than most while taking less damage. Also ranged fights are in the Mag's favour thanks to the HRB. Add on that a bosster that bumps your speed up to 100 kmh for a second or so and lets you get out of stuck locations and up hills... Yep. Good tank. Lets not talk about strafing tho...

Prowler is the close quarters king against other tanks if the situation is perfect. (By perfect I mean no cover and all tanks stock.) Really tho how often will perfect situations happen? Not often. Add on that you feel the recoil after the first shot and sometimes miss with the second and you have an all round crap tank. I mean it can work, in good hands it is evil but it is underpowered when put next to the other MBT's. Add on top the specy ablity of becoming a sitting duck so you can reload faster and you just get nothing for your money here.

Vanguard is the one I like the most out of the three. Guns look well rounded and if you throw extra front Armour on it and point your nose at your targets your gold. Really tho with 75% damage on the front I would really put side plating on it and buy the Shields. Yup. It can have shields. What a pretty tank.

Lightning is I think well rounded. Nothin fancy with about half the health but it is fast and the gun you get standard on it is the best tank gun in the game. Add the option of a Skyguard and this thing fits all situations. To top it off everyone can use one, all the guns are the same and all the Certifications are too so no one can bitch.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dice" (Dec 29th 2012, 2:50pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 12:19am

Love the stuff.

I roll NC almost exclusively now (lvl 40 NC, 15 VS, 9 TR). I'm not really much of a vehicle player but I have certed some vanguard stuff.

Obviously the magrider is OP, bla bla, difficult problem to balance I know etc etc. However I really do like the vanguard, the magriders ability to dodge is not as pronounced when firing high velocity tank shells back at them. I do appreciate the confirmation that a vanguard will indeed beat a magrider in a hit trading duel even without using the shields unless a certain HRB gets involved ofc.

I played TR only in all of beta and I really did find the prowler to be better that the vanguard at harvesting infantry, I think your chart is suggesting that they have exactly as much splash per shot as the others. That's pretty nice, but only when your not getting your face melted in a 10v10 long range tank fight :/.

TriumphOfMan

Unregistered

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 6:16am

Thankyou, Dice, much appreciated.

TriumphOfMan

Unregistered

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 6:54am

Ok, Something is really really off with the Viper's numbers.

I was doing some gun testing with my brother. Against the front armour of both a Prowler and a Lightning it took exactly 24 (4 magazines) of Viper shots to destroy the vehicle. That doesn't add up according to the figures posted.

TriumphOfMan

Unregistered

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 6:59am

Also a Skep launcher (1500 damage) vs the front armour of a Magrider (1350 after reduction) should take me 6 shots to destroy it with a Skep. I'm testing it and it's taking 5.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 7:02am

Edit. Found it. I will try and find the post that explains angles of attack but it is possible you hit the side. If not I am not sure what happened.

This post by "TriumphOfMan" (Sunday, December 30th 2012, 7:31am) has been deleted by user "Autosynthesis" (Sunday, December 30th 2012, 12:17pm) with the following reason: Double post

TriumphOfMan

Unregistered

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 7:34am

I think the rockets may have just been me being an idiot and miscounting, but something is definitely wrong with the Viper

Against Prowler front armour after dmg reduction it should do 427.5 damage per shot. It should take 19 hits to kill a Prowler at 8000 health. I get 24 and some burn damage.

Here's the video

Viper vs Prowler - YouTube

This post by "TriumphOfMan" (Sunday, December 30th 2012, 7:35am) has been deleted by user "Autosynthesis" (Sunday, December 30th 2012, 12:16pm) with the following reason: You are allowed to postl links, but if you do the post has to be mod-approved until you have 10 posts. It's an anti-spambot measure.:)

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 12:31pm

Ok after watching the vid I can only say that something funky is going on. Again I did not get the numbers myself I just made the chart. I think that maybe that turret is better made for AI and when AT it sucks. I will do some testing myself later but at this point I say don't use it. It really does not seam to be useful.