Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "P4vlik_Enemy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, December 3rd 2012, 3:16pm

Best investment for station cash?

I liked the game enough to spend some money on the upgrades, I'm thinking about buying membership for a month. What are the things I should buy to rack up cert points as quick as possible?

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, December 3rd 2012, 3:23pm

To get cert points? Sunderer mobile spawn upgrade, a gun you like (Try then buy) and last a good thing to do is get the HE shells on the tanks. Large groups of infantry? I don't mind at all...

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(798)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, December 3rd 2012, 3:28pm

I keep trying that Sunderer mobile spawn...

To no avail.
SUN BEST PORTUGUESE

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, December 3rd 2012, 5:07pm

Go to a terminal, attach the item to the sunderer, put the sunderer somewhere close to a battle and press "B". I find a good place to put it is in a location your side is defending behind shields.

• "P4vlik_Enemy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, December 3rd 2012, 5:40pm

So, Sunderer spawn point costs 50 cert points. How many respawns (AFAIR it's 2XP) it would take to get them back?

I've tried another LMG for my Vanu HA, didn't find it that much different from the default one. And my definitely not buying anything in the 500+ range until I'm comfortable with the default guns and all the gun stats are here on Symthic.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 12:36am

If you have a favourite faction then I would definitely recommend the "infantry starter bundle" currently on the weekly deal. Gives you one gun for each class (except max), the alternative pistol for your empire, a shotgun and both an armour and weapon camo. For 2000 SC it is a lot of stuff (all I wanted was the carbine, shotgun and pistol but even those 3 would cost 2100 normally).

If you like vehicles then the HE cannon for the lightning, rocket pods for fighters and the dalton for the liberator are amazing weapons.

Also go to these links

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index…-free-sc.58692/

You can get 170 SC for free just by entering your SOE login into these free games, I heard it doesn't work if you aren't with SOE. I didn't even let it finish installing and it gave me the cash instantly.

Date of registration
: Nov 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 11:12am

If you have a favourite faction then I would definitely recommend the "infantry starter bundle" currently on the weekly deal. Gives you one gun for each class (except max), the alternative pistol for your empire, a shotgun and both an armour and weapon camo. For 2000 SC it is a lot of stuff (all I wanted was the carbine, shotgun and pistol but even those 3 would cost 2100 normally).

If you like vehicles then the HE cannon for the lightning, rocket pods for fighters and the dalton for the liberator are amazing weapons.

Also go to these links

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index…-free-sc.58692/

You can get 170 SC for free just by entering your SOE login into these free games, I heard it doesn't work if you aren't with SOE. I didn't even let it finish installing and it gave me the cash instantly.

If the Vehicle Starter bundle is still available, that is also quite nice. It has Lightning HE, fighter rockets, a better cannon for the Liberator (Zepher) and some other stuff. I would personally not recommend spending money on HE rounds for other tanks besides the Lightning, since at least in my experience they seem less useful (smaller explosion radius etc.).

The 170 SC works simply by logging in on the website. You don't even need to download or install anything. Not much you can get for 170 though, maybe try out some one use camos to see what you like :)

I think most of the worthwhile ones came up for vehicles. As for guns, I would definitely get a bolt lock rifle for the Infiltrator if you play that class, although I would still recommend using the weapon trial thing before buying anything.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 12:24pm

Zomg is quite right on the vehicle bundle (which costs 2k for 5k worth of good stuff). Unfortunately it is not currently available (an equally deadly collection of hats is there in its place), it will come back around.

I don't play infiltrator but I would say that the most important stuff to get is equipment that offers a completely different playstyle, that you would otherwise be missing out on.

For example (infantry only):

1. A common pool shotgun - this is available to every class except max and infiltrator so is a pretty economical unlock. I would strongly suggest the "high magazine size" brand of shotgun (Sweeper, Nova (nova is in the vanu inf bundle :) ), Haymaker). For reference all 3 factions have the same 3 shotguns; one reloads fast, one fires fast, one has a larger mag. It comes down to preference but atm the high capacity definitely offers the most significant advantage - 2 extra shells per clip is about as good as the rof/reload advantages of the others but you get 12 extra spare ammo with them (because the game gives you 6 clips of ammo always, 6x8 is higher than 6x6..).

2. A second MAX anti infantry weapon for your RIGHT arm. MAX's are very limited in use with a hybrid set up, but get extremely deadly with double inf (my NC MAX with 2 scattercannons is a fucking blender at sub 10m).

3. A bolt action rifle or a scout rifle if you like infiltrator. Both offer different weapon styles to the regular in a more significant way than "this assault rifle fires 8% faster but reloads 15% slower, I guess it would be slightly more suited to close range than my default gun". I THINK that the NC might start with a bolt action (I don't play infil), if so I guess you shouldget a semi auto rifle.

4. The Battle rifle (for heavy and engineer). Basically it's the SKS from battlefield, nasty ghetto sniper rifle, which can still put people down at close range (if you can hit them). Again if I wanted a long range LMG for my heavy and I could only afford 1 unlock then I would always take the battle rifle (which my engi can also use) over a slightly slower rof, slightly superior recoil LMG.

5. The empire specific heavy weapon. These heavy-only guns are certainly different but unfortunately, only the TR minigun is particularly effective right now (fastest time to kill of any non shotgun/headshot but needs to spin up before firing). The NC jackhammer heavy shotgun is barely better (if at all) that the common pool shotguns, certainly not better enough to justify unlocking 2 guns with cash, just get he sweeper (I got the jack on half price yesterday btw, very lackluster). The VS lasher is interesting and while not underpowered per-se, it requires you to stick with the zerg. Basically it is a rapid fire (3 rounds per second ish) plasma blob launcher with each blob doing splash damage, it is excellent for killing people behind boxes, around corners, camping doors etc. But it is not very lethal in a straight fight, so you need others with you to help with that.

6. Anti air options. I have not bought these but a second burster for the MAX or the lock on anti air launcher for the Heavy are useful for air defence and are both a 1000 cert purchase otherwise. Up to you if you want to be helpful or not, I don't - not in that way.

That is my advice to new players - if you only have limited funds get stuff that is the most unique. I split mine across factions; NC have my MAX/LA stuff, TR my medic/heavy/LA, VS my LA/magrider. This way I have the maximum amount of play style diversity + I love light assault.