Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

• "Riesig" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 3:56pm

Latency (probably a rant)

Okay, I'm from the Philippines and the closest server I can play on is Australia, Briggs. With that, I've set my Steam download server to Australia-NSW

Is it just me or latency really plays a big part in this game?

I may be too used to <100 ping, something which makes the players not obviously teleport from places, but is it a different approach to how BF3 did it?
Instead of prediction, you get players phasing in and out. Both of which are annoying for their own cons that come with them.

Rant, I need China server nao.

I find it unplayable, I find the game not worthy of my moniez ATM. If a decent server did appear, I'd buy the 12 months ASAP. (While BF4 can wait)
I'm a tsundere tentacle

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 4:12pm

Unfortunately you don't exactly live in a great part of the world for online gaming. Not taking a dig or anything but I'm pretty sure if EA could just set up servers in America they'd do it :pinch:

Pretty sure Australia will have better quality/less populated servers than China but that's just a wild guess :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Nov 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, December 2nd 2012, 7:26pm

The warping seems to be an issue on the warping player's end and not yours. Warping players are a problem everywhere in this game right now, even if you have a good ping to the server yourself people will still warp a lot sometimes. On the other hand, I played on US servers for a bit (I'm in EU) and it was actually quite playable - so I would imagine once they sort out the warping issues, it would be better for you as well.

When I played on US it was in beta though, and in beta they had way less issues with warping for whatever reason.