Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 5:29pm

Dice's tips for early game success

So I thought since this is the game I am sinking my teeth into I would post a few pointers that I have come up with. So here is a short list of ideas and tips to start you.

1)Make the Sunderer a swan point.
First thing you should buy. Cost 50 credit. Will pay itself off in no time at all. Put the Sunderer near a combat zone and watch the EXP roll in. 2 or so points a spawn. Does not sound like much but when your getting 2 points every second... In the right place the exp will keep coming for up to a half hour. No joke.

2)Park the Sunderer somewhere.
If you are not planing on spawning anything put a Sunderer somewhere. People will use it. Its free points.

3)Make an account on every server you wish to play on.
You get points offline. So there is no reason not to have someone on every single server. Even if you do not plan to play now it is not a bad idea to make a new profile just in case you want to play later. If you deicide too you will have a ton of EXP waiting for you.

4)Heal yourself.
You can buy an item that you can use to heal yourself. But that's not the point of this tip. If you find yourself low on health you can go to a terminal, pick the Medic class and activate his ability to self heal. Useful since a resupply no longer heals you.

5)Use the custom classes.
This is important. There are classes you unlock at different ranks. These let you have 2 or 3 pre set classes in an overall kit. So for me I have a Light Assault with a shotgun and one with a carbine. One moves faster than the other too. If needed I can chance without having to rebuild a class in game.

6)Do not fight alone.
Tho you can do ok for a short time alone this is really a game where size matters. And the more of you there are... Look for fights that are under way or park a Sunderer near a base and attack. Watch as everyone spawns to help. Just don't think that one your own you can do much. This is a war. A lone man is not all that much good.

7)One mag one kill
While not totally true I think holding this frame of mind is smart. If you see a large group... don't be stupid. Really. Don't. Two you can take. 3 time to back away and spilt them up.

Last)Don't let the early deaths get to you.
You will die. Lots. This is not BF3. You can not watch every location. Up high, left right and behind. You can get shot from anywhere with ease. Do not let it get to you. Once you have the hang of the game you will start killing more and dying less.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dice" (Nov 22nd 2012, 5:43pm)

Date of registration
: Nov 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 6:23pm

Pretty good tips :)

I'll add a few

Score farmers:
- Lightning tank with HE ammo, kills infantry really fast. But remember to be aware of your surroundings, as the Lightning has pretty weak armor.
- Any of the fighters with rocket pods, kills infantry and tanks quickly. For tanks best to fire to back armor.

General:
- Get nanoweave armor. 1 cert point cost, gives 10% boost to your hitpoints
- Don't forget to restock your grenades. You need to do this manually and it costs a bit of your infantry resources but they generally come back pretty quick.
- Shoot MAX units with your rocket launcher. If you're alone against a MAX, running is usually a good option ;) (unless he has two bursters or something)
- You can trial guns from the store. Just click unlock for a gun you want to trial, and it'll give an option to try it. Tries are limited to 30 mins, and they have an 8 hour cooldown between trials.
- Join an outfit. Way better with a bunch of people who actually play together
- NV optics for guns are really nice. They have limited range in how far you can see, but it's very very easy to spot targets. Especially nice if you fly fighters and have rockets, tanks literally pop up for easy kills
- Almost everything you unlock requires you to actually activate it. May not be very obvious immediately. Also, with some categories of unlocks, you can only have one item per category active at a time (eg. can't have radar and flares at the same time), so be sure to check this before you waste your certs.

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 4:44am

Nice ones. :)

And I'm giving my two cents.

( 1 )Understand the strength of every class. Choose the class for the corresponding scenario. Change it at the terminal if needed.
e.g. You're defending a base surrounded by vehicles, so you need some nice rockets to bust them. When you are driving a tank, having the ability to repair your own tank is quite crucial.
Also keep in mind the ability of each class. The F button can save your day.

( 2 )A jet pack is very useful, but also remember sometimes flying high sometimes can tell your enemies where you are.

( 3 )Melee only when there's no other option. No one hit melee kill in PS2.

( 4 )Keep your fire discipline, or you will run out of ammo very quickly and end up only getting few kills. This is very important especially when you are fighting alone, or when there's no engineer or terminal nearby.

( 5 )Sometimes holding your fire is a better option. Patience can give you a more fruitful result. In PS2, firing at a crowd may attract the fire from not only a few but a bunch of guys.

( 6 )Maneuvering, flanking and kicking your foes' asses are important in any FPS games, so are they in PS2. Winning by strength is sweet, but we are humankind, and our ancestor survived the harsh nature by brain. The light assault is specifically good at this job.

( 7 )But winning by strength is still viable and sometimes unavoidable. That's why MAX and the shield of the heavy assault have their places.

( 8 )Unlike in BF3, some LMGs are quite accurate, but only when in short burst or single shot. The horizontal sway will make it hard to keep on the target. When engaging at a longer distance, learn how to control your fire interval. Low RPM guns, like many guns of NC, can shoot a bullet at a time even when in fullauto mode, just as G3A3 in BF3.

( 9 )Map. The map can tell you a lot. If you don't know where to go, open the map.

( 10 )The Q button is as important in BF3 as in PS2. Spotting the enemy not only help you but also your allies to identify targets.
Si vis pacem, para bellum---If you want peace, prepare for war.

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 1:03pm

- Shoot MAX units with your rocket launcher. If you're alone against a MAX, running is usually a good option ;) (unless he has two bursters or something)
- You can trial guns from the store. Just click unlock for a gun you want to trial, and it'll give an option to try it. Tries are limited to 30 mins, and they have an 8 hour cooldown between trials.
- NV optics for guns are really nice. They have limited range in how far you can see, but it's very very easy to spot targets. Especially nice if you fly fighters and have rockets, tanks literally pop up for easy kills
MAX players are usually the worst ones, so outsmarting them is not hard (unless you're in the open). Running around corners and then unloading your whole mag into them and then getting back to cover gets you easy MAX kills as any class (except if you're playing MAX yourself as well).

I think there is a 30-day cooldown before you can try the same weapon again.

IRNV is sometimes useful, mostly at nighttime, and for ESFs it's pretty much mandatory to spot infantry at night/behind trees and bushes. I find myself to be fighting a lot outside the IRNV's range, so I don't use it because it doesn't really help when you can't see the enemy at all :P

( 2 )A jet pack is very useful, but also remember sometimes flying high sometimes can tell your enemies where you are.

( 3 )Melee only when there's no other option. No one hit melee kill in PS2.

( 8 )Unlike in BF3, some LMGs are quite accurate, but only when in short burst or single shot. The horizontal sway will make it hard to keep on the target. When engaging at a longer distance, learn how to control your fire interval. Low RPM guns, like many guns of NC, can shoot a bullet at a time even when in fullauto mode, just as G3A3 in BF3.

The light assault is useful for... yeah, assaulting. So often I see 100-150 people waiting outside a tech plant/amp station when they could've just switched to LA and used the jetpack to get past the shields and take out the generator.

Melee rarely works in CQC, which is good because you don't get the COD bullshit where it's better to just knife than shoot people. Knifing is a good way to kill unaware enemies without attracting too much attention, for example when you're playing as light assault and your faction's zerg is coming and the enemy snipers are getting ready on top of towers. Once went on a 7-kill knife only spree as light assault, jetpacked up to a amp station's tower and killed 2 guys, went to the next tower, 3 more, and then the last two snipers on the third tower :P

The LMGs are nothing like in BF3. Getting a kill with a LMG at 50m is damn hard in BF3 (because of the initial spread and spread increase), whereas I can easily get kills with LMGs at 200-300m in PS2.

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, November 26th 2012, 11:35pm

- Get nanoweave armor. 1 cert point cost, gives 10% boost to your hitpoints

The ammo capacity and zoom upgrades for the secondary guns on some vehicles (Sunderer and MBT at least) are also just 1 point for the first level, so make sure to get them even if you only drive occasionally.

Apart from that, there are just two support classes (and by support I mean lots of points) in the game, medic and engineer. Being medic is simple enough, just upgrade the medic tool to the second last level as fast as possible (it's rather cheap). This will revive people at 75% health and you can heal the other 25% with the abilty on F instead of standing around holding the medic tool all day.

Engineer though is much more fun with all the vehicles in the game. Get some cheap xp by placing ammo somewhere at the spawns in the main base; at least for NC there are always people firing at walls. There are other good spots to place ammo, like all the terminals (right after capturing a base) or control points (when attacking). The second last level of the repair tool for 150 certs is not necessary (though certainly useful if you have the certs) as it doesn't increase range like the medic tool and does not seem to repair much faster either.

The other classes, light/heavy assault, sniper don't offer anything in terms of getting xp fast. Especially fighting vehicles as heavy assault can be rather time consuming while barely yielding any xp at all. MAX depends on the faction, NC MAX is just weak whereas the TR one packs quite a punch.

Now as for ground vehicles, the lightning is bad compared to actual MBTs. So try to get a MBT instead of spawning a useless lightning. If you are in the middle of the fight and can't spawn MBTs there, well, I'd grab a fighter plane and fly back to the main base to get one. Also, when repairing your vehicle make sure to keep the right distance. Eventually the vehicle will be close to exploding while you try to repair it. At this point try to stand as far from the vehicle as possible while still repairing. In case the vehicle does blow up, you'll easily survive and can run away (ideally to the main to spawn another tank) or use the wreck as cover if you are dealing with heavy assaults (don't forget to randomly throw a grenade in the direction of the attackers to confuse them).

Rating the three tanks, I'd say Prowler comes definitely last because the dual gun makes infantry sniping really hard. Magrider and Vanguard are about equal, though fine-adjusting the gun to snipe infantry is easier with the Vanguard as the Magrider needs to turn the chassis too (which feels rather sluggish). Then again the Magrider has greater mobility. The nice thing about all MBTs is that they are absolutely accurate as long as you compensate for the projectile drop. One more thing about the Vanguard: The barrel is to the right of the camera, so the projectile does not hit in the middle of the screen but rather half a meter to the right of it. There's no constant sweet spot that you need to hit, rather you must compensate by different amounts depending on how far away the target is. To fire into a doorway one meter in front of you it is necessary to aim into the wall left to it. Another fun thing to do with the Vanguard is drive close to a building, point the barrel as far up as possible and then get out of the tank to use the barrel as a ladder. I think when attacking tech plants this could be quite useful for the whole team because those shields only cover the lower part of the gate (at least it was this way in the beta, I haven't seen a tech plant in a while as there is just a single one on Esamir).

Some general tips:

- When dealing with a group of enemies throw a grenade FIRST. Especially when the enemies are not aware of your presence the explosion may kill e.g. 3 out of 5 and the other two will be injured and easy to kill. This situation has happened to me just today. Firing first without throwing a grenade would have been suicide. When dealing with a group of infantry when out of grenades, follow the next tip.

- Retreat often. Whenever you are outnumbered it's wise to find more allies or simply hide. E.g. if there are two tanks capturing a base and you are all alone there isn't much point attacking them right now. Either wait for them to go for the next base and do a sneaky recapture or run to the next base straightaway. On a larger scale, if a base is already overrun by a huge vehicle blob and the enemies are just idling waiting for the base to be captured, spawn at the base they will attack next, make sure the stationary guns are in a good shape and maybe set up a Sunderer.

- Use tanks. Tanks are awesome and even if they are destroyed you will often stay alive to spawn another one.

- When you are secondary gunner in a tank with the Basilisk gun, do not spray but instead fire single shots when the targets are small/far away. The gun has awful spread after firing just a few rounds.

- Spot enemies, especially the ones you don't even know about. See something that could be either rock or human? Spot it and let the game figure it out. Absolutely essential for sniping infantry when tanking at night.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 12:13pm

Another fun thing to do with the Vanguard is drive close to a building, point the barrel as far up as possible and then get out of the tank to use the barrel as a ladder.

Haha that's pretty clever and first time I hear about such a tactic :D

Also, if at all possible, avoid running the game on "low" graphics settings. Low makes cloaked infiltrators completely invisible unlike on other settings.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 12:31pm

Also, if at all possible, avoid running the game on "low" graphics settings. Low makes cloaked infiltrators completely invisible unlike on other settings.
Not true anymore, this was the case in beta but now you can see the outline of cloaked infiltrators even on low.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 1:43pm

Not true anymore, this was the case in beta but now you can see the outline of cloaked infiltrators even on low.

People have reported it still being an issue so I don't know. Perhaps it only affects certain graphics cards or something

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:29pm

Hmm, could be. For me (on low) the cloaked infiltrators seem to have a gray outline. Well, not an actual outline, most likely a result of dotting the camera vector and the model normal... So for you who don't understand that: parts of the model that are pointing towards you are invisible and the normals that are pointing somewhere else are more visible based on how much they don't point towards the camera.

I find it a lot easier to see cloaked infiltrators even at longer ranges because the effect doesn't seem to fade with distance like how the distortion effect on med and high does.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 5:07am

Bought a Sunderer and a Galaxy

Both were shot down horribly.
I'm a tsundere tentacle