Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, October 21st 2012, 2:15am

I want to go on record as saying that I do not feel ok about having on this site the instructions on how to edit game files.

• "Frankelstner" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 1:35pm

I want to go on record as saying that I do not feel ok about having on this site the instructions on how to edit game files.

Unless you can tell me how to go from RANGE_STRING_ID 676 to "Very Long", modding the game is the easiest way to connect the different IDs to the actual objects/strings. Let's say I see item ID 15000 in ClientItemDatasheetData and take a guess that this is the TR max machine gun (based on the magazine capacity), then changing the range ID for example to something different is a very convenient way of making sure that I am actually looking at the right object.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 1:40pm

Ok that's fine. I just do not see why the instructions of how to do it need to be on the site. Knowing how to unpack is fine. Its useful until we put up stats but knowing how to repack is unneeded for our uses and even if we as common users don't know how to do this I do not like the idea of the word going out to others that this is here.

My views. They might not be shared by others. It's not an attack on you I just feel uneasy about this being here.

Edit: I will not post on this subject again.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dice" (Oct 22nd 2012, 2:18pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 5th 2012, 2:52am

I've put a few of the data files up in a google docs spreadsheet for anyone who wants to take a look at the data in a format that's a bit easier to read. Link. Latest Files Link

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Microsoft" (Nov 27th 2012, 6:45am)

Date of registration
: Nov 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, November 12th 2012, 5:17pm

How did you match up the weapon IDs with their names? I'm not seeing any files with that reference...

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 12th 2012, 6:54pm

There aren't any files with that reference that I know of. I've basically been doing it the same way that Frankelstner was.

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, November 13th 2012, 2:15pm

Quoted from "Sym on skype"

hardware stores aren't responsible for damage done with some hammer they sold
That's what they do, offer tools for the people
That's what we do, offer tools for the people

I agree completely. Like the BF3 FileGate we had a few months back was contained easily, this will not have anywhere near the same effect. Plus PS2 files look ahelluva lot messier than the BF3 ones!

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Date of registration
: Nov 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 7:39pm

Is this code up to date with the release? I made the .py file and double-clicked it only to have python open and close instantly. Also, are these in the assets folder?
Mister Games 4 Free
www.reddit.com/r/VanuEnts
[email protected]

• "Frankelstner" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 8:53pm

Is this code up to date with the release? I made the .py file and double-clicked it only to have python open and close instantly. Also, are these in the assets folder?

The script should handle the pack files in PlanetSide 2\Resources\Assets. It's working fine with release archives. You could run it in IDLE (right-click on the script -> Edit with IDLE -> F5) and take a look at the error message. If you have trouble interpreting it, just report back here.

Date of registration
: Nov 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, November 26th 2012, 12:02am

The script should handle the pack files in PlanetSide 2\Resources\Assets. It's working fine with release archives. You could run it in IDLE (right-click on the script -> Edit with IDLE -> F5) and take a look at the error message. If you have trouble interpreting it, just report back here.

Still no luck. Their is no error message. I have copied the files into another folder so as not to screw with the actual game files on accident or anything. This wouldn't be the cause of the failure would it? Since sym has posted that PS2 stats are "coming very soon," I can just wait. My main attraction was to look at the stats of the sundy guns and armor since I would like the stats to make a sundy review video.
Mister Games 4 Free
www.reddit.com/r/VanuEnts
[email protected]