Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, October 6th 2012, 4:38pm

Is there any kind of surpression in planetside 2 ?
Thankfully no.

I also had issues with the shooting at stuff. I just didn't understand the gun mechanics - the recoil, bullet drop, bullet spread, what it takes to kill someone, etc. - and didn't find the gun fights to be much fun. Long range shooting was like "am I hitting them? am I anywhere near them?" In BF3 it's pretty straightforward, you shoot someone, you can see if you're hitting them. If you are they will go down, if not you can see how to adjust.
It's still in closed beta. The hit detection is getting better and better nearly in every single update. At first I couldn't hit anyone at all, every kill was so random, but now they have improved many things and the gunplay is much better. But I do agree, the gunplay (at this point) is the only thing BF3 is better at than Planetside 2.

However since the game is open ended, meaning it ain't over any time soon, I don't get much satisfaction from a game other than shooting at stuff. You don't really win, you just play.

It's a MMO. You can't "win" in MMOs, you just play like you said. In most MMOs you just kill raid bosses or fight in a PvP arena, in PS2 every single battle is like a game of BF3. If you successfully capture a base, it's like a victory in a BF3 match. If you can't defend a base, it's like losing a match.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 10:04pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E20z928GjoE&feature=g-u-u

Total Biscuit says what everyone is thinking.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 10:08pm

At work so I can't watch the video. Sum it up for me please.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 10:40pm

That's not really a thing I can do. You'll have to watch it later.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 10:49pm

At work so I can't watch the video. Sum it up for me please.
The game needs optimization, home continents, work on AA balance, VR training room, separate driver and gunner for tanks aaaand... I think that was quite much it.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 10:57pm

You forgot why.
You also forgot that the release date next month is utopian.

Date of registration
: Oct 29th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, October 29th 2012, 11:34am

I've played PS2 beta for 20 hours, and I really enjoy it. It has tons of potential, but the release date is simply too early cause there are too many bugs and mechanics that needs more tweaking. This video pretty much summed all the major issues up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E20z928GjoE , and it got retweeted by the lead designer, which although was ironic, showed that devs are much more attached to the community than DICE(or EA?) did for BF3. So I have some doubts but more faith in this game.

Oh and it has Asian servers and are currently in beta, but they are under control of The9, a Chinese company.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 29th 2012, 3:06pm

I've played PS2 beta for 20 hours, and I really enjoy it. It has tons of potential, but the release date is simply too early cause there are too many bugs and mechanics that needs more tweaking. This video pretty much summed all the major issues up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E20z928GjoE , and it got retweeted by the lead designer, which although was ironic, showed that devs are much more attached to the community than DICE(or EA?) did for BF3. So I have some doubts but more faith in this game.

Oh and it has Asian servers and are currently in beta, but they are under control of The9, a Chinese company.
The video was already posted in this thread. The game has lots of potential, and I really hope they can fix all the issues before launch. But then again, BF3, a game with almost more bugs than features (the one with more bugs is Minecraft), sold what, 15 million copies?

Date of registration
: Oct 29th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, October 29th 2012, 4:18pm

Hopefully the f2p model will at least populate the servers enough until they fix the major problems.

Date of registration
: May 11th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 6:49pm

I'm more with Contortionix and TB than Santewi: I like parts of PS2, but there is no way, in Heaven or on Earth, that this game will be polished enough on release.
And maybe I'm too old and cynical, but I don't think it'll be as open a channel to the devs, once the game releases.