Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 11:27am

Is it really that bad? Have people stopped playing it altogether? I can easily say I've not seen a MoH video on YouTube in quite some time.
Symthic?

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 1:36pm

last time i looked mohw had 1100 pc players after a lesson with homefront wont buy a poorly populated game i would have got this if it took off but it never did
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 2:50pm

Hey, Homefront legitimately gave me something to at least keep playing.
Yanno, North Koreans actually winning, something that isn't all about USA USA USA MURRICA F YEAH.

Except the killer bot thing, then magicu, the enemy has something similar that's RETARDED.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, February 4th 2013, 2:44pm

MOH 2k10 will forever be the best singleplayer campaign I have ever played... to short, but so fucking badass. Multiplayer was sweet to. It was just an underdeveloped game, with so much potential!!
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, February 4th 2013, 2:56pm

Mountain last stand mission :

We're running out of ammo!

Asks the guy for ammo

Here's 1000 rounds.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 4th 2013, 3:17pm

Seriously the only reason I bought MOH:WF was for the BF4 Beta. I played it and still play it now and again and found the gun customization to be great, too bad there is little to no explanation as to what any one change actually does. The gun mechanics/damage so-so, too much spread and too little corresponding recoil. I actually enjoy the team support streaks but the major limiting factor for multiplayer is the horrible, horrible map design. But what do you want out of something that was pushed out the door on such a short schedule.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 4th 2013, 3:42pm

It was competing against Call of Duty and Halo: the two biggest FPS franchises in existence.

That's fanboy talk. CoD? Absolutely. It's a multi-platform game that is closely related to how MOHW is played and viewed. Halo? It's just a nice franchise made exclusively for xbox users. Even if we forget that FPS were made for and meant to be played on PC (i really don't care what console users believe), an "FPS" franchise can't be called anything like "one of the biggest ever" if it can't be played outside of a single platform.

I'd rather indulge j0hn and say quake was one of the biggest fps franchises ever.

On-topic: that's EA for ya. The battlefield franchise survived this CoD mania through sheer brilliance from DICE and a very solid fanbase. MOHW, however, did not.

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, February 4th 2013, 3:45pm

I actually enjoy the team support streaks but the major limiting factor for multiplayer is the horrible, horrible map design. But what do you want out of something that was pushed out the door on such a short schedule.

I blame it on GUI and maps. It just wasn't a game that welcomed you in. You had no idea what you were unlocking, what that unlock actually did (like the flashlight and lasers that did nothing), and what it would take to get to the next unlock. Heck, in the first weeks it was hard to find a quit button in the menus.

Maps are just poor. They start you in the game with scopes on everything, but the maps are tiny. Three routes at best on any and lots of invisible walls. Nearly zero destruction. I would be okay with that if it went with a solid vision of gameplay, but it clearly didn't.

The singleplayer felt welded together too. There were breaks in continuity, switching executable for the driving missions, and the infinite ammo submachine gun that took away from that authenticity they claimed. MOH 2010 was a much better single player.

It wasn't the bugs, there have been some incredibly buggy games out there that have patched up and succeeded (BC2 MP was unplayable for the first two weeks practically). It was that the game design came across as sloppy and unfinished. There really were some brilliant concepts. I think they did explosive (different grenade types per class), medic healing, squad spawn delay, and avatar movement (leaning and sliding) better than BF3...we can only hope that some of those ideas leak into BF4.

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, February 4th 2013, 6:38pm

It was competing against Call of Duty and Halo: the two biggest FPS franchises in existence.

That's fanboy talk. CoD? Absolutely. It's a multi-platform game that is closely related to how MOHW is played and viewed. Halo? It's just a nice franchise made exclusively for xbox users. Even if we forget that FPS were made for and meant to be played on PC (i really don't care what console users believe), an "FPS" franchise can't be called anything like "one of the biggest ever" if it can't be played outside of a single platform.

I'd rather indulge j0hn and say quake was one of the biggest fps franchises ever.

Well, a few things:

1. Halo was the FPS that really made console FPS games take off. Before the first Halo in 2001, people were very skeptical of FPS games on console, as there were no where near the quality of those on PC, mainly due to controls. People didn't think that FPS games could work well without a mouse. However, Halo's controls put those doubts to rest. and now every other console FPS uses controls akin to Halo's, even those on the PS3. So Halo played the key role in bringing FPS games to consoles.

2. You seem to be speaking from a very biased perspective with contempt for console players. I agree that FPS games are better on PC, but console games sell way more than PC games. Warfighter sold only 0.19 million units on PC, while it sold a combined 1.65 million units on PS3 and Xbox. Even Battlefield 3 sold more on console than it did on PC (a combined 13 million units on console versus 2.31 million on PC). So while PC FPS games may be superior to console FPS games, not everyone can afford to spend thousands of dollars on a PC to play them when they can play them by buying a console for just a few hundred dollars. So while you may not care about the opinions of console users, they make up a significantly larger part of the market share than PC users, so don't be so quick to dismiss them when you're in the minority. I myself play on both console and PC, I just tend to play on the Xbox more because I like it better and have less things to worry about in terms of playability.

3. Just because it's on one console doesn't mean it doesn't have any impact on the industry. Should we say that Mario hasn't made an impact on the games industry because he's only on Nintendo and not on PC? No, because that would be stupid and shortsighted. Quake did indeed make an impact on the FPS genre. Hell, it had an impact on Halo as well, considering Halo's multiplayer was arena-style, like Quake. But the difference is that Quake is dead, only living on in the QuakeCons attended by less than 10,000 people a year, whereas Halo is still going and will keep going, being purchased by millions every release. A single Xbox Halo game sells more than a Call of Duty or Battlefield does on PC. Whether or not it's on PC, it still has a large impact on the FPS market today. Where do you think Call of Duty got theater mode? Halo 3 had it in 2007, and Call of Duty stole it in 2010. And as you said, you agree that Call of Duty is one of the biggest FPS franchises in existence. Yet they were influenced by the very game you choose to dismiss simply because it isn't on PC. Well, now PC Call of Duty theater mode, thanks to an Xbox game.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 4th 2013, 10:11pm

1. "people were very skeptical of FPS games on console, as there were no where near the quality of those on PC, mainly due to controls. People didn't think that FPS games could work well without a mouse"

They don't. That's the point. Just because you can move your crosshairs around doesn't mean you're anywhere near playing it well.

2. Just because almost noone can afford a gallardo, do you think the bigger amount of prius' being driven around is going to set any standards for the automobile industry? No. Maybe a bigger investment, but that's merely financial. From a technical standpoint, console titles set ABSOLUTELY NO STANDARDS for any kind of FPS. That's one of the reasons some guns are OP/broken in bf3 for PC and not at all on console. Are we the minority? Sure. But you, the majority, are playing the game sillily. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you have fun and don't pretend to have exclusive FPS titles that mean a single thing. Any exclusive FPS title being played on consoles could be played with much more ease and fluidity on a PC. Consoles may provide a "good enough" experience, but they never broke any records.

3. Are you making an analogy with super mario? Really? I thought i was very clear that my point was made for FPS games; i never included any other genre in my discourse. I can't see why games like super mario should be hindered by a controller; therefore, i won't talk about them. Also, quake, a PC game, made an impact on halo on a gameplay level. Halo, however, did not influence CoD on a gameplay level because theater mode doesn't, in any way, influence how the game is played; it's, simply, a nice feature that another devs thought would bring value to their game.

But, obviously, play whatever you want on whatever platform you think is best.