Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "DANGLES" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 22nd 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 2:35am

R.I.P. Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor 'out of yearly rotation' due to poor reception

Pathetic- this really gives me an even lower opinion of EA than I had previously (if that is even possible)! First you push a developer with little experience with a new next-gen engine into releasing a game with literally less than a year to work on it. Then you push them away from their original plan at making an 'authentic shooter' towards an arcade COD-style game to attract more buyers and directly compete with the COD series. Then you REMOVE the head of the developer, Greg Goodrich, for 'creative differences' because he (rightly) offers resistance to the direction the game is being pushed. Then you rush the team into releasing the game to compete with the COD series to capitalize on anticipation players will have for another game, and to meet that deadline Danger Close obviously has to tie some loopholes and skimp on content, coding, and ironing out bugs. Then you withhold the game from reviewers because of all of this so they can't review it ahead of its release because you know what you've done! Then you pull the plug on the entire thing months later because it did exactly what you battered into doing!

This game really never even had a chance to succeed- and the funny thing is, with all of its quirks, bugs, and lack of differentiation between weapons- I still love the game and will still play it until there is either no one left to play it with or against, or the servers are shut down by EA.

"The legs feed the wolf."

PhantomShado

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 3:56am

Yeah, that is pretty damn shallow to say the least. I honestly love the game and still play it (been playing it since November). It's a great change of pace from Battlefield and I absolutely love the customization. It's a shame it's come to this. I just lost a shitton of respect for EA. :thumbdown:

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 4:32am

MoH started fading away after Pacific Assault.

I can forgive MoH for being the cheesy storyline shooter with WW2 drama, but after Pacific Assault, there was absolutely no connect to me and my player. Shoot people, next objective.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 5:13am

Quoted

"The game was solid, but the focus on combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers,"

The focus on combat authenticity isn't what made me not want to play the game. People love authenticity, actually. Just look at how popular DayZ is. It's the most authentic zombie apocalypse game there is. Even Battlefield 3 shows that people care about authenticity, with it being a huge hit.

The problem is that the gameplay was rather lackluster compared to its competitors. It was competing against Call of Duty and Halo: the two biggest FPS franchises in existence. So for people to care about/want it, it needed to be above average. And it wasn't; it was like a hybrid of Battlefield and Call of Duty, but didn't play as well as either of them. So you might as well play those games than this one.

Even if the authenticity they're referring to is that of the campaign, not too many people buy shooters for campaign. I love campaigns, but the average consumer really only cares about the multiplayer. And if that multiplayer isn't up to par with Black Ops II and Halo 4, then it's a lost cause.

It should have stuck with WWII and other historical scenarios, because, while they've been done a lot, it would at least set it apart from other modern shooters. Think CoD 5, but way better. I'd buy it.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 5:51am

Combat authenticity

That line really irked me. I did not see a shred of combat authenticity. All I played was a run and gun shooter.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

• "DANGLES" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 22nd 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 6:46am

Quoted

Combat authenticity

That line really irked me. I did not see a shred of combat authenticity. All I played was a run and gun shooter.

Exactly- that really pissed me off too- THEY were the ones that pushed Danger Close away from 'authenticity' to begin with, despite the fact that it was one of the major strong points of the game (and the reason people still play it) as the reason it wasn't a money maker. This is just validation that a bunch of clueless suits dealing primarily with numbers are the ones calling all of the shots at that company.

Quoted

It should have stuck with WWII and other historical scenarios, because, while they've been done a lot, it would at least set it apart from other modern shooters.

Another point that has been made before but I'll reiterate- where are all of these other modern military shooters this game had to set itself apart from? On a consistent (annual) basis, basically you have Battlefield, Call of Duty, and you had this but because it wasn't either of the aforementioned, it is no longer. Essentially this game was similar to either of those games in the sense that it was in the same shooter sub-genre, but it was different enough to be maligned for not being either of them. And isn't this kind of a problem?

At this point why isn't EA just making an exact Call of Duty clone?! Or buying that company that the Infinity Ward creators broke off to form?

"The legs feed the wolf."

Date of registration
: Jan 10th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 7:05am

Quoted

At this point why isn't EA just making an exact Call of Duty clone?! Or buying that company that the Infinity Ward creators broke off to form?

The problem with that Dangles is, they would have ideas that could work and salvage what little face EA has left, and E.A. could not stomach something as common sense as that.
It's a pity to see a company with such potential, become such a lame duck. This is not the first game they have done this to as we all know, and it sure as hell wont be the last.
Each time they learn absolutely nothing, and that's the sad part.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "OzzMan" (Feb 3rd 2013, 7:11am)

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,952)

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 10:48am

Wow, this is one of the biggest steaming piles of nonsense I've ever heard. I mean, read this and bask in the glow of utter incompetence. Everything highlighted in yellow is ridiculous, and evernything in red is precisely the opposite of the truth.

Quoted

"The game was solid, but the focus on combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers," EA COO Peter Moore said. "Critics were polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than it deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."

EA Labels president Frank Gibeau said EA missed the mark, and the marketplace, with Medal of Honor: "We're in a hit-driven business where it's about what you can build in a certain period of time and really deliver for the marketplace, and frankly we missed on Medal of Honor. And we take responsibility for that."

Gibeau continued, "If you look at Medal of Honor as a specific case, it was really about a hit missing."
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 10:57am

well, that's business for ya

All EA cares about is getting an as-high-as-possible turnover. They experimented, and the experiment failed. So they go to the next series and try it again, but in a different way. They'll just keep the BCG-matrix going (question mark - star - milkingcow - dog).

A company shouldn't care about how fun a game is, so EA doesn't. They're doing exactly what's financially good, even though the gamers are hurt by that.

Come on, nobody can say they're surprised. It's business.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 11:09am

Wow, this is one of the biggest steaming piles of nonsense I've ever heard. I mean, read this and bask in the glow of utter incompetence. Everything highlighted in yellow is ridiculous, and evernything in red is precisely the opposite of the truth.

Quoted

"The game was solid, but the focus on combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers," EA COO Peter Moore said. "Critics were polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than it deserved. This one is behind us now. We are taking Medal of Honor out of the rotation and have a plan to bring year-over-year continuity to our shooter offerings."

EA Labels president Frank Gibeau said EA missed the mark, and the marketplace, with Medal of Honor: "We're in a hit-driven business where it's about what you can build in a certain period of time and really deliver for the marketplace, and frankly we missed on Medal of Honor. And we take responsibility for that."

Gibeau continued, "If you look at Medal of Honor as a specific case, it was really about a hit missing."

Just.... wow.....

Everything about Warfighter just screams "fuck this, just make something up WE'RE OUT OF FUCKING TIME!!!". Though I guess this policy explains it all.. "what you can build in a certain period of time".. In other words, toss some crap together and sell it and hope it works... :|

Warfighter could have been awesome, but it's definitely not ready nor is it authentic...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again