Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, October 26th 2012, 3:20pm

You had to preorder it for the beta key
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, October 26th 2012, 3:27pm

wow, the reviews are all slamming this game. i dunno if i'm gonna get it :-(
Well, what did you expect? It's a modern military shooter where you run around and shoot stuff.

• "kleerkoat" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 18th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, October 26th 2012, 5:36pm

Well, what did you expect? It's a modern military shooter where you run around and shoot stuff.

what do you mean?

i might go ahead an get it, i didn't get BF3 when it came out because of the reviews,picked it up months later and it's turned out to be one of the funnest FPS's I've played.

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, October 26th 2012, 8:16pm

what do you mean?

i might go ahead an get it, i didn't get BF3 when it came out because of the reviews,picked it up months later and it's turned out to be one of the funnest FPS's I've played.
It's a game where you run around a small map and shoot other people. Do you think those games get good reviews?

But then again you're on the PS3, so good luck trying to find proper multiplayer FPS games.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, October 26th 2012, 10:38pm

So far it's well... It's starting to slowly bore me ;o The maps just aren't that great for the weapons... Often you can't even use the bipods for snipers and supports simply because there's no useful angle and you'll just get flanked right away...

Plus most battles is just a matter of who spots the other one first, often you just drop dead without seeing the opponent :| Quite different from BF3 gameplay :>

M240B is sweet though... Although there are quite few locations where you can use that sweet sweet bipod... Far more accurate than the M249 at least, that thing jumps all over the place even with bipod :S

And interestingly, there is overheating on the MG's, which causes the gun to "jam" which makes the char reload which takes forever and often gets you killed.. Instead you can just double swap the weapon and the jam is gone :|

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

TheLB95

Railgun Engineer

(871)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, October 26th 2012, 10:41pm

I've been playing shit because the in game server browser is beyond terrible. Seriously, it's like trying to play with Riesig all over again with >500 ping!

Then by the time I closed down, used BLog and found a lag free server I was playing terrible because of how I started out D:

PC master race!

CPU; Intel i7 2600K @4.3GHz
CPU Cooler; Corsair H60 cooler
Memory; 12GB 1866MHz Corsair RAM
GPU; ASUS GTX 670 (slightly OC'd)
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Storage; 240GB Corsair Force 3 SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD (7200RPM)
PSU; Cooler Master GX 650 Bronze

Date of registration
: May 11th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 26th 2012, 10:54pm

i want my BF4 beta key though....... what to do?
Look, this isn't going to be directed at you, and it's going to sound REALLY confrontational. I'm not trying to be, but I just feel this needs to be said: numerical reviews are absolute, utter bullsh*t. I'm not saying reviews themselves are BS (although for the most part, they are), I'm saying relying on the numerical value of a review, or even group of reviews, is a bad idea

The biggest things you need to take into account when purchasing a game, especially one from an untested (on the multiplayer end) company is: gameplay video; word of mouth; and consideration for the history of the source, meaning 'has this person who is trashing/praising this game been someone I generally agree with?'
Example: I used to follow rivalXfactor, and tried PS2 based on his 'S the D' fest of that game. But, after playing that game for a while, I can safely say I don't like it. Now, he's very much a critic of MoH as a franchise, and has posted video and twitter feeds displaying his distaste of the game; however, since he and I have divergent game tastes, do I immediately agree to his assessment and not try the game? No.

Take the Game Informer review: 5/10. Matt Bertz is not a reviewer I generally agree with. That makes this review invalid to me. What he sees as huge flaws, I can see as fixable issues. What he sees as unfun mechanics, I enjoy. Neither one of us is wrong, but I'm not going to give credence to that 5.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, October 26th 2012, 11:09pm

AK1287 if you allow me to say it in a shorter version : Best review is your own review.
I don't know if it's still a done thing, but back in the time of UT2K4 there was a demo version wich with you could play on 3 maps on servers ugely limited (I played these a lot, had no money by the time ^^) but at least you could test the game.
I'd try the game if I had a demo version.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: May 11th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 26th 2012, 11:20pm

AK1287 if you allow me to say it in a shorter version : Best review is your own review.
I don't know if it's still a done thing, but back in the time of UT2K4 there was a demo version wich with you could play on 3 maps on servers ugely limited (I played these a lot, had no money by the time ^^) but at least you could test the game.
I'd try the game if I had a demo version.
Pretty much.
As a person, I'd say this game is worth $40-45. Which, through GreenMan, is what I paid. And from what I hear, Premium members get 50% off. I'd say that's fair.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, October 26th 2012, 11:42pm

If I'd buy it, I'd use this site : DLCompare 30€ for MOH:WF, it's not that much.
If I remember well, Matimi0 said that paying it 50% off is in fact the price he would give, because it seems to him that $60 is too much for that game.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite