Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Sao

(680)

• "Sao" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 7:05pm

MOHW Beta Map Break down.

Good day all. After 10hrs+ of smashing lobbies I have decided to post tips about the only map/mode available to us.

Sarajevo Stadium (SS) (sorry about size, only over view map which you can find, plus can't take/find a picture ingame of the map overview)

Unfortunatly, I do not this think that is the map, as I cannot find the map loctaions on it (I has magnifing glasses and still failing)

However here are some tips for those that have played, all references will be asif the south of the map is the 2 story ticket entrance of the stadium, which overlooks the carpark, which is also the Attackers deployment to begin with.

Playing Hotspot there are 5 different bomb sites at SS;

1. South West corner, known as Main Balcony (Bomb) (I'll call it MB)
2. South East corner, known as Bus (Bomb)
3. Middle of map, known as middle (Bomb) :>
4. North West Corner, known as Watchtower (Bomb) (I'll call it WT)
5. North East Corner, doesn't really have a name, but Truck Bomb would be closest, as it has a blownup truck near it which defenders camp behind (I'll come to it later)

So you will be assigned either Attackers/Away Team (You must plant the bomb within IIRC 3 minutes and then defend it for 30 seconds) or Defenders/Home Team (defend each bomb for 3 minutes and difuse within 30 seconds, well less but I'll get to that)

Attackers spawn between Bus Bomb and Broken balcony (about 20m south of Bus Bomb) and Defenders at WT.

Normally (~60%) the first 2 bombs will be the ones in the Defenders Zone (WT/truck), sometimes (~30%) the middle, and rarely (~10%) the MB.

The first 10 seconds the attckers will have 5 Potential bomb sites, which the defenders know which one to defend, and gives the defenders time to get in a defense posture around the bomb, or get closer to it. Below are some of the best defensive positions to counter certain attacker play styles(every game I play);

1) They will rush directly north onto the Main Pipleine/Luge (MP/L) in the center of the map (it connects middle/Bus bomb to the WT bomb, but has holes in it to Truck bomb as well.
- The best tatic as defense is to sprint to MP/L then crouch, move and hard scope (moving while ADS) down it untill you get to to a slight opening where yoou can see the bus bomb. Normally you can get 2/3 Kills doing this correct and be in a good position to defend truck/WT bomb, as well as able to move to Bus/Middle bomb easily and with a decent amount of cover.

2) They will rush the Central Building just south of middle bomb (I'll call it CB).
- Best tatic here is to run to the MP/L, but instead on continuing down it, turn left and go throught the cut through, and you can watch the only CB exit arch (unless they are a nub and jump through a window and are no threat to you as they are the other side of the building) from a wall. The wall begins with a wood panel against it, make sure to shoot/tomahawk the right side of it as some of it sticks out from the wall, providing you with no protection). You can also look to the bottom right and protect any who try and flank. From here you can maintain solid defence on Middle Bomb (and kill those who try and arm it) and WT, as well as being in a great position for MB bomb.

3) They will rush the Retangular building in the center near the CB (I'll call it OB, for Oblong building (what we have been calling it))
- To begin with trying to defend here is a bitch on your own, so don't try and be rambo and hold it against 3 people, you'll get shat on (trust me, I've tried!). However if you stay in you spawn, just south of the WT bomb is a wall that you can look down upon a blue truck and a fallen tree and underneath the MP/L (this area is called UL, for Under Luge). From here you can stop poeple flanking up the middle and defend WT/Truck bomb easily, and move to Middle with seconds)

Attackers need to get as far forwards as possible and try and cover as many bombs without being split up (easier said than done when you get people trying to play TDM... Nick I am looking at you ^^). Flanking far left is a tactic I use alot, as well as pushing through to the MIddle bomb (up the middle) and trying to suprise any denders at defense point 2.

So that is a quick over veiw and I will reserve more posts for further indepth defense/attacker at each bomb. As well as how to use Support point streaks effectively (and not like me, being killed by my own little bird...twice. Pro)

Also a little extra from me I posted about best weapons on BL;

Quoted

I had the German G3KA4 (thought it was a G36K in my excitement) and hated it with a passion (huge recoil, for rather large spread and what feels like marshmellows for rounds, think M5k when it was released)

I then started using when I unlocked the Polish GROM HK416. Though it has a supressor (seems to increase spread) it is still highly accurate with minimal recoil. I hit 500 kills last night and managed to get the Flash Hider attachment. With that equiped the spread has seemed to half, if not third, and the recoil is even less (and I am using it with the Aimpoint Micro T-1 3x Magnifier scope). Can easilly pull off headshots 100+ if you single shot it.

However annoyingly, with iron sights, getting hit markers is damn hard! (may just be my retarded PC-player aiming)

But yeah I am biased to say the HK416, but other good weapons included M4V1 when at 500 kills (friend has it, says it destroys), T88 Steyr Aug is good, just shame about the silly high magnificied sights! But the LaRoe OBER 7.62 SFOD-D is deadly when using alt scope (zoom and right bumper, on Battlefied controls) as it has a RMR scope mounted on top of the Trijcon TA648-308. The weapon has next to no recoil when spamming trigger (same recoil as a bipoded M417 in BF3), and that isn't bipod. Just a shame that the sniper bipod/spotting stance is so fucking glitched other wise I would engage camper pro with my golden tent! Plus it is suppressor and can equip a Heavy barrel at about 50 kills, doubling your effective range.

And yes I have the game open to make sure I got the sights right =]

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Sao

(680)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 7:05pm

Reserved

My Video

Sao

(680)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 7:07pm

Reserved 2

My Video

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 7:10pm

The F88 is surprisingly good. You can use the dual optics to your advantage if you need to. It feels like it has consistent damage across ranges, which is really awesome for medium range. Couple that with the 870 you get as a "sidearm" and you're golden. It's awesome.

G3 is pretty good. It's another case of "dual optics can be good." Hit the right bumper (on the default optics) to switch to a Reflex. It just has insane damage output.

I'm leaning towards the F88 as my favorite weapon from the beta, but the G3 is pretty neat.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 7:11pm

Sounds nice and varied. Are there many optics past the inevitable Reflex, Holographic and ACOG though?
PS3: fustyferret148
New TV, no input lag! WOOP WOO- ahh, forget it.

Freds quotes of the year

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Hey, my mother cut my hair! It saved me ten bucks, four of which I had to spend on a hat.

Quoted from "Oscar"

I for one don't oppose boob assimilation! BRING IT ON! (. Y .)

Quoted from "ASG M14 manual"

Shooting at people may result in punishment

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Beer and IRC chat is probably a good idea

Quoted from "chat shenanigans"

<22:54> Revolver_0celo7: yo dick is a sausage
<22:54> fredofthewoods: ALL THE FAT CHICKS LOVE IT

Resident ofSymthicia!!

Athemoe worries me sometimes...

Sao

(680)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 7:16pm

A fuck load Fred. Here are the Selection for the GROM HK416

Irons = HK Diopter Iron Sights
RDS = Trijicon SRS02, Aimpoint CompM4 (default)
Low Power Scopes = Aimpoint Micro T-1 + 3x Magnifier, Trijicon TA31-CH
Low Power Dual Sight = Trijicon TA31-CH + BUIS (tilts weapon anti clockwise 45degrees to get crappy irons)

And trust me each one has its pro's and cons (scope size, magnification, RDS dot size, scope sway, how much of teh screen it takes up)

My Video

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 7:39pm

Nice! I always wanted a large variety of optics. I always wanted to have an EOTech HLG sight and an Aimpoint magnifier on the SCAR-H in game, so a combo like that on a gun in another game is always welcomed by me!!
PS3: fustyferret148
New TV, no input lag! WOOP WOO- ahh, forget it.

Freds quotes of the year

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Hey, my mother cut my hair! It saved me ten bucks, four of which I had to spend on a hat.

Quoted from "Oscar"

I for one don't oppose boob assimilation! BRING IT ON! (. Y .)

Quoted from "ASG M14 manual"

Shooting at people may result in punishment

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Beer and IRC chat is probably a good idea

Quoted from "chat shenanigans"

<22:54> Revolver_0celo7: yo dick is a sausage
<22:54> fredofthewoods: ALL THE FAT CHICKS LOVE IT

Resident ofSymthicia!!

Athemoe worries me sometimes...