Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

expandas

Thinks with Portals

(227)

• "expandas" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 24th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, February 16th 2015, 3:35am

A Brief Trading Post Primer

There are 4 main techniques that you need to be aware of:

• Flipping - Setting buy orders for goods one copper above the highest existing buy order and then immediately relisting them one copper less than the lowest existing sell listing. Helps to maintain balance in an economy by reducing inefficiencies in the market. Margins from flipping are usually pretty low, so you want to deal in high volumes of trade. High margin but low volume items can be extremely risky to flip. Viable regardless of your wealth and one of the few options that works when you have thousands of gold.
  • Crafting - This is where you obtain basic ingredients and craft or forge them into more valuable goods. The goal here is to be able to sell them for a profit by doing the grunt work of producing it. I would lump things like time-gated items, material promotion, and precursor forging into this category. Margins are usually better, but not as scalable. Works well with 50g-500g.
  • Investments - Take the long haul by betting that a good will rise in price over the long run. The price of these goods are often affected by content updates and patches. Examples include rare weapon skins as well as lesser materials that are impacted via Crafting, e.g., Pristine Toxic Spores and Quartz Crystals. Try to limit your investments to 10 months- the longer you have to wait the more likely it is for a content update to come along and impact supply and demand. Works well with 500g-5000g. If you're going after precursors (which I don't recommend), you'll want at least 2500g to play with.
  • Market Manipulation - The trickiest of the bunch. The goal here is to manipulate people in and outside of the game itself, convincing the masses to purchase a specific good that you have hopefully loaded up on and are ready to sell. This technique is most effective for goods that have only recently been introduced into the game, or have only been reintroduced once, such as festival items. Recommend 150g-1500g for these sort of attempts.

I might update more if I feel like it.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "expandas" (Aug 3rd 2015, 4:42am)

expandas

Thinks with Portals

(227)

• "expandas" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 24th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 4:40am

Updated.