Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "tronist" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, February 4th 2013, 4:06am

Different Sights and their gun altering effects?

I was wondering if the different sights actually do anything to increase or decrease weapon stats like they say they do. Am I really more accurate with Reflex than I would be with the MMS? Is this the same for every gun? For example, if I am using the FAL, does it matter as much as if I was using a full auto AR?

any and all help would be appreciated :D

also, what is the zoom for these sights?
Reflex
Acog
Target Finder
EOtech
MMS
Hybrid Optic

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tronist" (Feb 4th 2013, 5:01am)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 4th 2013, 4:18am

All I know is that the higher zoom you're using, the more apparent kick will be. Other than that, no clue.

Aren't BO2 files still MIA or something?
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Monday, February 4th 2013, 7:55am

All I know is that the higher zoom you're using, the more apparent kick will be. Other than that, no clue.

The decryption of the Black Ops 2 code hasn't happened yet if that's what you mean. I'm surprises that it's February and it still hasn't been done.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 4th 2013, 8:35am

The decryption of the Black Ops 2 code hasn't happened yet if that's what you mean. I'm surprises that it's February and it still hasn't been done.

Yeah, meant this.

Honestly, I know I can't really ask for things as I have zero knowledge on these kind of things. Just surprised it hasn't been done.

Oh, and welcome to the forums you both :3

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, February 4th 2013, 10:52am

I was wondering if the different sights actually do anything to increase or decrease weapon stats like they say they do. Am I really more accurate with Reflex than I would be with the MMS? Is this the same for every gun? For example, if I am using the FAL, does it matter as much as if I was using a full auto AR?

any and all help would be appreciated :D

also, what is the zoom for these sights?
Reflex
Acog
Target Finder
EOtech
MMS
Hybrid Optic

Im pretty sure they dont.
The in game statistics are very misleading. FMJ for instance does not increase damage.

Date of registration
: Jun 11th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 4th 2013, 11:21am

The ingame statistics have to be taken with a grain of salt I'd say. Like timminatorr said FMJ doesn't increase damage per se, but it does so through obstacles. So I would say your accuracy with different sights (excluding the Target Finder) does not "increase" or "decrease" a gun statistic but it reflects that you can be more accurate with said optics. If you want to shoot at kneecaps across the map it is harder with irons than with some higher zoom optic.
The Target Finder seems to be different at least on my PS3. I somehow have the feeling it actively helps aiming, but that might just be me.

Edit: more info on scopes is in this thread: Attachment info

• "Ultreas" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Monday, February 4th 2013, 1:12pm

Sights

None of the sights affect weapon stats, They just have stats to represent the placeebo effect they offer. The irons in this game are purposely so bad so that the dot sights become useful.
And the answer is...
... 8o

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 4th 2013, 1:44pm

None of the sights affect weapon stats, They just have stats to represent the placeebo effect they offer. The irons in this game are purposely so bad so that the dot sights become useful.

From the few time I've played the game, I think iron sights are quite easy to use.

Then, I might be mistaken, given I have used just a few weapons. Still, CoD iron sights tend to be overall decent enough to avoid the need of optics.

@timminator

FMJ rounds display that 'increase' on damage since MW2. Rumours about the Intervention dealing OHK everywhere (lol .50 cal was superior) when it didn't.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

Date of registration
: Jun 11th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 4th 2013, 2:16pm

That effect is not placebo at all! It's just not altering the ingame physics.

Date of registration
: Nov 17th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Monday, February 4th 2013, 6:23pm

ADS FOV levels

Sights probably don't affect accuracy, but without the recoil data from the weapon files we can't be sure.