Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 9:08pm

Yes you need sf on the fal, but you also need a fg on the scar as the recoil on it is just silly high.

The non-select fire variant is actually better in all ways "if" you can nail the timing and maintain aim. I play without SF now and again. It doesn't happen often but when that all comes together it's quite grand!

I concur. SF is actually more of a crutch on most guns. The only guns I occasionally used SF on is M8A1/Chicom/SIG556.

I've never used the SF on the FAL as I've heard it just makes the guns worse if you can already tap-fire well with the standard-config FAL

Serial Service Star Collector
Getting close to 62 mastered weapons.
Weapons with at least 1 SS: 74

Also play PC.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, February 26th 2013, 9:58pm

Yes you need sf on the fal, but you also need a fg on the scar as the recoil on it is just silly high.

The non-select fire variant is actually better in all ways "if" you can nail the timing and maintain aim. I play without SF now and again. It doesn't happen often but when that all comes together it's quite grand!

I concur. SF is actually more of a crutch on most guns. The only guns I occasionally used SF on is M8A1/Chicom/SIG556.

I've never used the SF on the FAL as I've heard it just makes the guns worse if you can already tap-fire well with the standard-config FAL

It does, having loved the MW2 and BO1 FAL, I unlocked it no doubt.

I did a test, and fired it without SF against a wall at the highest speed I could, and while I know I didn't cap the ROF, the recoil was negligible even when I fired the fastest. Then I put SF and set it FA, it seemed to bounce randomly and didn't really feel accurate.

Yep back to using it w/out SF. I want dat accuracy back. 23% isn't bad I'd say.

OFC my M8A1 has 36%... but much fewer kills :3
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 28th 2013, 2:28am

The FAL select fire has been nerfed twice now. Right out of the gate it was identical with or without in terms of recoil. After that they added more recoil. And more recently they made it all "bouncy" as you describe. Pretty much sucks now unless you roll semi-auto.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, February 28th 2013, 2:38am

I think it's a good move. The gun it's meant to be locked to semi auto, but if you wish to just hold down the trigger, you'll have to deal with some bouncing.

CoD balance is far for perfect on certain areas *cough* targetfinder *cough*, but that itself is a good idea.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Failure117

cheap kitchen leeds

(76)

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, February 28th 2013, 2:46am

FAL is superb even in semi-auto.
GT: F4ilure 117.
Unholy Leader of the Order of q.