Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "KlemePASA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 26th 2015

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, August 26th 2015, 2:05pm

How to camp 101

Why hello there and welcome all you haters! Today I'll contribute to this wonderful forum with the most hated tactic in every FPS there'll ever be; Camping.

For me, camping is all about gaining presence/control over a certain area, effectively creating a safe zone for the rest of your team where everyone too-far-gone will spawn back at in a group making it easy to launch new wave of grouped attack. Doing camping correctly will also provide you with some neat kill streak rewards that can cause pain in the enemies on the other side of the map, too.

But anyways, let's get started!

My normal loadout would be something like this and only change I ever do is switching weapon;

Weapon: Honey Badger w/ Grip and Thermal Hybrid Scope
Secondary: Kastet
Lethal: I.E.D
Perks: Takedown, Blast Shield, Extra Lethal, Danger Close
Strike Package (Assault): I.M.S, Sentry Gun, Gryphon

You might notice that it's all about the explosive damage, and that's exactly what we aim for. I.E.D, Kastet, I.M.S and Gryphon all benefit from Danger Close. Takedown lets you to stay unseen for slightly longer and enemies following each other won't notice their allies in front of them going down before it's too late. Sitting long enough in a single spot will most likely cause enemies to start nuking your home and that's where you'll thank me for the Blast Shield.

You should learn all the best spots in each map (note that not all maps are suitable for camping) and try to safely make your way to one of these in start of each game, maybe grabbing a kill or two while at it, and start setting up your camp.

A good camp spot allows you to;
-Trap your back so you won't get backreaped
-Have safe spot to sit and stop enemies coming from another entrance (there's not really a place where two paths wouldn't lead)
-Have a window for open area, thus gaining map control / awareness

Once you hit the 5 kill streak, set up I.M.S where you had your I.E.D's at.
Once you hit the 7 kill streak, set up Sentry Gun at the window facing to open area (middle of the map usually)
Once you hit the 10 kill streak, escape your hole, find a remote hidden place and start pewpewing with your Gryphon.

Rinse and repeat. ^^

And what comes to weapon, you'll pick it based on map. If the map doesn't favor Thermal Hybrid Scope I often find myself using AK-12 w/ Grip and Silencer/Extended Mags (Normal/Hardcore).

That's pretty much it! Now go my minions and spread the plague, mwahahahaha.. I won't tell you my secret hideouts, so go on and find your own ;)
Feel free to hate/love this, each to his/her own, and let me make myself clear that there's much more for me in this game than just camping; it just happens to be one of the things I enjoy.

PS: For those of you who read rivals post "Breaching the gap" : I fall amongst the 35% :(

Date of registration
: Nov 17th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 11:46pm

One of the best camping information i have ever read!! haha you did good on explain it :)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 12:10am

Thread locked to avoid further necroing.

@Forz4
Please do not post on threads that are old (months since last post). See Rule 11. and 5.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included