Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

RattleHead

Unregistered

Monday, July 20th 2015, 4:36pm

Downwards recoil in Call of Duty

I do not understand the downwards recoil numbers in call of duty. I know that the downwards recoil is applied after/with every shot, but there are negative and positive numbers... Does the number being negative mean that it will recoil even more up or does positive mean it will go up even more. Thanks in advance?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, July 20th 2015, 5:23pm

I don't have much in-depth knowledge in CoD, but I would imagine it works like that. It's same with BF4: If recoil left is negative, it means the gun recoils more to the right.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, July 20th 2015, 5:45pm

Necessary Denkirson forum post link.

Decided to link it because I'm way too stupid to understand all of that gibberish.