Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

HelixFDB

Unregistered

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 5:44am

How to read charts

Is there a thread for this already?
Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what the left pull of 45 and the right pull of -55 is? Wouldn't that mean that all together it's pulling left 100? If it's going negative right, doesn't that mean it's losing distance going right?(despite the fact that you can't technically go a negative distance...)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, March 15th 2014, 12:35pm

I personally don't know Ghost stuff soooo uhh...

@Marvel4
some help? Could somebody who knows this stuff answer?
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 2:25pm

A left pull of 45 and right of - 55 means that the gun will kick to the left with a maximum peak of 45, and to 55 to the right. See my post below for explanation
Clean signature best signature

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Spectre" (Mar 16th 2014, 4:16pm) with the following reason: got it wrong

Andreas

Bandreas

(22)

• "Andreas" has been banned

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 3:02pm

A left pull of 45 and right of - 55 means that the gun will always kick left with at least a value of 45 and a maximum of 55.

Is this a fact, and are you referring to Ghosts or Bf4?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 4:15pm

@Andreas
Both. The meaning of recoil numbers is the same, even if COD uses different values. Yes it is indeed a fact, even tho i don't have any immediate proof to show you, apart from saying that i've been digging weapon file since COD4 (and modding as well). However, I actually got the first post wrong, a left pull of 45 and -55 to the right means that the gun will kick in both directions with the specified numer (45 to the left and 55 to the right). This is because weapon files in COD don't have a "left" and "right" or "up" and "down" variables, they use min & max instead. So, a min value of - 55 and a max value of 45 means that the minimum value for the H recoil iws actually negative, therefore pulling to the right (where the game thinks negativa values are).

Sorry for the confusion.

Andreas

Bandreas

(22)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 5:08pm

@Spectre

So Ghosts and Bf4 work differently?

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 5:17pm

Both yes and no, in CoD we have obvious interval from -x to x and -y to y, in BF we have max x1, max x2 and max y1.
It goes more or less like this in CoD, we have specified maximum and minimum values for each axis (-x, x, -y and y) while in Battlefield we have specific maximum values from center to each side.

Andreas

Bandreas

(22)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 5:42pm

Both yes and no, in CoD we have obvious interval from -x to x and -y to y, in BF we have max x1, max x2 and max y1.
It goes more or less like this in CoD, we have specified maximum and minimum values for each axis (-x, x, -y and y) while in Battlefield we have specific maximum values from center to each side.

Each post is making me more confused ;(

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 6:29pm

@Andreas

Battlefield:
x1max -> 0.3
x2max -> 0.3
y1max -> 0.2

Gun has 0.2 vertical recoil and can drift both 0.3 to the left and right

COD:
xmin -> -30
xmax -> 30
ymin -> -20
ymax -> 20

Exact same as battlefield weapon except:
- vertical recoil is random unlike battlefield where is a constant pull
- vertical recoil CAN go negative (gun kicking downwards)

If we wanted to create the exact same weapon in COD:
xmin -> -30
xmax -> 30
ymin -> 20
ymax -> 20

Now the minimum and maximum vertical drift are the same so there's no interval to speak of (gun always going up by 20 (which i guess it's degrees * 100))

let me know what isn't clear, if you don't understand :)

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 6:33pm

Battlefield:

If we wanted to create the exact same weapon in COD:
xmin -> -30
xmax -> 30
ymin -> 20
ymax -> 20

Now the minimum and maximum vertical drift are the same so there's no interval to speak of (gun always going up by 20 (which i guess it's degrees * 100))

Shouldn't ymin be equal to 0? If I understood correctly, weapon would have equal chance to kick anywhere from left to right but always kicked with force of 20 upwards.