Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Retribution Iv" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 1:55am

How do you play this game?

I've been a COD player since COD 4 and would consider myself a decent player. However I find COD Ghosts extremely frustrating. I have found the spawns to be ridiculous and unable to predict and often times had people spawn directly behind me and kill me. I find that COD has gone on a new trend of making the maps smaller and smaller making it just a cluster of death... Compared to the maps on older COD games which were a bit larger and allowed for smarter movement. I think that this poor direction in map and spawn design is detrimental to COD and contributes to the fact that I cannot play this game without getting pissed off. (Other factors include getting quickscoped and the 360 Y-Y ladder stall community)

I would like to hear others opinions and how they play effectively in COD: Ghosts. So that I may consider coming back to the COD franchise...
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Gridlok87

Unregistered

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 3:13am

Have you actually played this game? Some of the maps are the largest in modern CoD history. Whiteout, Prison Break, Siege, Stonehaven, Chasm and Stormfront are all massive as far as CoD goes. The others are all medium sized except Strikezone(see below).

Don't sprint into rooms that havn't been cleared.
Use headphones and listen for incoming footsteps.
Don't play Strikezone as it's complete garbage and made for people who just want to sprint and hold the fire button down. Like Nuketown.
Always use Dead Silence or walk slowly/crouch move if you know you're near unaware enemies.
Always keep an eye on the minimap, enemies *normally* spawn where your allies aren't, including behind you. Even better, don't approach known spawn zones.
As always, Assault Rifles are the way to go.
Patience is a virtue, if someone fires on you and you can get to cover, don't pop out until you know they're running up on your position. Use headphones.

Other than that, practice makes perfect. You'll get the hang of the brutal TTK and meta angles sooner than you think.

I have a solid 2.4 KDR with 2.8 in TDM and climbing(PS4), something like 2.5 on PS3. Take it or leave it.

• "Retribution Iv" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 5:04am

I have played the game. Or else I wouldn't be posting here... The maps are super small in comparison to maps from previous titles. Such as MW2 which Ghosts has been compared too, pretty much all the maps excluding Rust are bigger than the ones in Ghosts. Examples being Afgan, Derail, Quarry, wasteland, etc. The only map that is admittedly very large in Stone Haven which nobody votes for... As for your tips thank you for those I already knew most of that. I'll give it another go but I still think COD is on a downward spiral sadly....
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

tuckerchonka

Unregistered

Monday, February 3rd 2014, 8:58pm

The maps are way to small. They need to bring back the MW2 maps and the big ones from the original MW.

All the maps in ghosts that are big are very circular. There are no long maps.

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 8:04pm

I personally think siege is a long map

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 4:33pm

The maps are way to small. They need to bring back the MW2 maps and the big ones from the original MW.

All the maps in ghosts that are big are very circular. There are no long maps.
LOL - you obviously havent played ALL the maps then - There are plenty of long maps. As for playing the game goes, you need to find you're playstyle - I'm a COD veteran (IE: CoD1) - I used to be the dude with an M4A1 Colt W/ Suppressor - Sneaking around and fucking you're shit up.

In ghost's because the maps are so large - Sneaking about is laborious, time consuming and you normally get ganked from behind because you've spent half the game attempting to flank.

Ive found that SAT COM's are pretty much useless, unless everyone is using them. - So "Off the grid" isn't always needed.

The only perk you definitely need is the one that blocks Oracle - Especially in Domination/S&D/S&R - If you're used to High Killstreaks in MW2/MW3 etc then you should probably used hardline - But the killstreaks are pretty useless unless you're chaining them for a kem strike, but you'd only be doing that if you have intense KDR's.

Try a quick kit - Take off all other weapons and focus on you're main gun - Silencers are always useful - The Honey Badger (Pooh Bear) is very useful its got 800rpm which in Ghosts is pretty damn balanced - Most guns dont shoot as fast (The FAD is the fastest and the MSBS a close second with full auto) Its already got a silencer - Quickdraw is a MUST if you use ANY sight, if you're confident with iron sights then extended mags.

Try this out -

Main: Pooh Bear - Mags - VMR
Perks: Agility + Marathon + Quickdraw + Dead Silence + Focus. Its a fast paced kit - Gets you around the map fast

If you like you're equipment then use Marathon + Dead Silence + Quickdraw.

If you dont use a sight dont use Quickdraw, use "Ready up" and another 2slot perk.

Hope this helps. I used to get super frustrated with this game, im a beast on bf3/4 - I used to get perfect FFA matches on Blops1 so I knew I wasnt shit.

It takes a little getting used too - But I prestiged in under 22hours play time. So...

Somebody

Unregistered

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 5:56pm

I totally agree with you, I feel like something is different in the COD game than was in previous titles. I really like the Modern Warfare Series, those games made me a fan of this franchise. I have never played with Tryarc CODs, though so I cant talk about those.

I find some maps really small as you mentioned and those are really for brainless run n gun madnesses. On the other side some maps are way too big and on those you just running around and find nobody. The spawnsístem feels kind wierd as well. I dont really knows what is going on with the map design but either the normal sized maps feels so strange I find myself shot by millions of directions and die a lot of times by got shot in the back. As I said I really loved playing MW2 and 3, there the maps were designed I dont know how but different and they were great. The map size in those game fit me very well and I enjoyed those so much.

I see lots of people complaining about this game and say this is the worst COD in the history. I cant really agree with them because I like this game as well as I liked the previous ones, but my problem is that I was really good (or at least I felt myself) in the Modern Warfare series and I had much higher KD than here. I like this COD I think the field orders were a great idea and they did a lots of new things for this title and the create-a-class system is just awesome I like having a millions of perks and having no equipments or side arm. But I still cant enjoy this game as I enjoyed the Great Old Modern warfare games.

Somebody

Unregistered

Friday, April 25th 2014, 7:17am

Ohh... yea I forgot something.

I find this disgusting what Microsoft and Activision did with this game... Me as a PC player remeber those day when COD and most of the FPS games was played on PC and now... I think I neednt explain this you all understand...