Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Mattern42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, January 27th 2014, 8:34pm

Grip vs Extended Mags for the AK-12 and R5

I run the AK-12 with a suppressor and I keep switching between grip and extended mags. Which do you think is better? For the R5 I feel like the extended mags are almost necessary and I don't like the iron sights so I usually use a red dot. Is grip or extended mags more useful? I'm trying to get used to the iron sights so I can use both.

Date of registration
: Aug 18th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 12:03pm

For the AK, the grip is more benificial as it has the capacity advantage over the R5, but the recoil is a little jumpy out to the mid to long distance.
For the R5, the recoil settles into a nice pattern, so extended mags is a must, as those extra 12 bullets will help out a lot more than you realise.
As for scopes, try the VMR. You can flip it on the fly and can really help your target accuisitions, as the R5 irons are meh at best.
Always knee-deep in the dead...

Date of registration
: Feb 14th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, February 14th 2014, 3:00pm

Grip would definitely be advisable on the AK12. Extended mags for the R5 as there's very little recoil from it due to the low fire rate - I'm actually using both of these set-ups and love them :)