Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "rival" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, January 6th 2014, 6:02pm

Breaching the Gap - Best overall Load out choice

No doubt CoD ghosts brought with it a strong AR class. but like any good gamer choosing the right gun for the right type of game mode and map is always key to success. That may seem overwhelming at first for most new players and more times than not people are reluctant to step outside of there comfort zone.

Here are the three types of player styles that I find most common.

Run & Gun - Loves close up encounters. sprint & take cover
- favorite weapon type SMG / Shotgun
- Good Kill / Death ratio on smaller maps
- Most deaths happen with out you seeing who kills you

Post & Move - Run to safety check your area & move on
- Favorite weapon type AR / LMG / Sniper
- 50/50 on kills vs death when facing the Run & Gun on smaller maps
- Shot in the back or side alot unless player knows the map well

Camper
- Favorite Weapon Type AR / LMG / Sniper / Marksmen
- Struggle to get kill streaks consistantly
- longer play time required to memorize the maps
- 65% chance player owns a medical marijuana card and is ok with being bored

What ever type of player you are I find myself doing all 3 at times. Especially if i'm playing in organized matches like Search & Destroy or Domination. (please note this thread isn't for the competitive player who will often change weapon types & perks based on what is required of him in a clan match)

I'll just cut to the chase. If you really want to see an increase in your over all ability to perform and have struggled with certin maps because your favorite load out doenst work for every type of map then try this. In my experience it has been the best overall Load out for any kind of situation.

Gun: M27 IAR (LMG)
Attachments: Suppressor & Thermal Scope
Perks: Agility, Stalker, Quick Draw

There is alot to talk about with this particular load out. And there are some con's to it as well. The bottom line is you have the ability to fight in close quarters and keep up with the SMG's or Shotguns that can take you out fast. You have the ability to take the long shots and pick off people as needed. And you will never be caught with your hands in your pocket. 100 rounds before you need to reload with great damage and accuracy at any range this is my top pick for Public server matches.

I hope others can comment on other load outs and talk more about the pro's and con's of this.

Cheers ~

MM42

Unregistered

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 11:38pm

I personally hate the kids that run lmgs but to each his own. I'd suggest the AK-12 with a suppressor and extended mags. The grip is also good with it. It's a good gun in almost any situation. The mtar-x is also a great smg. I run it with a suppressor and grip but if you hate the iron sights, use a red dot. rapid fire is also really good on this gun. This is the only gun that I've like rapid fire on in any COD game. if you don't like either of these guns, I'd suggest the sc-2010, remington, and vector

Date of registration
: Jan 14th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 2:40am

I really like the loadout, has actually helped out my game since starting. I was running a AR for a while, and while I felt I was slowly picking it up, I was just tanking statswise and would either pull even on some maps or just get smashed on others, due to the above things you mentioned. I tried the SMGs and was just not able to get my shot on properly with these so it felt even worse than ARs. Once I tried out the LMG I felt like I was actually doing something and started to have a little fun.

I was wondering if you could flesh out the loadout and tell me what other perks go well with what youve chosen or fill in the blanks on if you use tactical or lethal gear along with it.

tuckerchonka

Unregistered

Friday, January 17th 2014, 10:29pm

my secret has finally got out. I have been using a silenced thermal LMG since MW2. By far the best all around weapon.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 9:39pm

Well i'm glad you saw some success with this Avalon. I still like to mix it up and do on occasion switch to SMG or AR. But if i want to bring my A game Thermal Scope & the M27 is where my money's at.

To flesh out as you put it the reasons why i'm using these perks is a good question.

Agility - It helps overall movment especially when your toting around the LMG. But more importantly it stacks really well with Stalker. Now when i'm ADS i start to move left and right to make my self harder to hit. You probably do the same but your pretty much a sitting duck with out Agility and Stalker.

Quick Draw is great since it helps relieve some of the massive amount of time it takes to Aim Down Sights with the LMG. The time saved here is really benneficial but if you were to drop one of the perks for something this would be it. Incognito is nice or maybe Marathon. Even better would be an extra lethal.

My secondary depends on the game type. I like double .44 or an RPG. the handgun is great when i need to sprint faster. and the RPG for Search & Destroy etc..

My favorite lethal is IED. I use that often. Especially once you get to know the maps really well you'll start placing them in the right areas.

Hope that helps ~

Cheers

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, January 26th 2014, 1:07am

Camper
- Favorite Weapon Type AR / LMG / Sniper / Marksmen
- Struggle to get kill streaks consistantly
- longer play time required to memorize the maps
- 65% chance player owns a medical marijuana card and is ok with being bored
^Most accurate statistics I've seen on this site for a while now.

I've had a lot of luck with the MTAR-X so far. The 3/4 BTK with SMG handling makes it invaluable to the aggressive player. Coupled with a .44/Tac-knife and some stealth/agility perks you have an extremely capable class.

As far as your setup, LMGs are better suited to zone control than general play due to their movement speed penalty, but the M27 is a great weapon for overpowering enemies at almost any range. Regardless of situation I think agility is more important, but that's just my playstyle.

The Remington R5 is a good choice in the AR category for omnipotence. With CoD, everything has such powerful damage compared to BF4 that weapon choice comes down to preference in most cases.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 27th 2014, 11:38pm

Your spot on about Agility. Its probably the diffrence maker in 60% of my encounters.

I like your analogy on zone control with the LMG. And thats really accurate. You learn to play a diffrent style when your touting that freaking LMG around. Your angles and checks all of that become more focused than before. It can work both ways "we've all been shot in the side of the head before" but more times than not if you position yourself and anticipate a target at every turn typically you'll win out with the LMG.

That reason alone is why the perks being used is, Agility, STalker, & quick draw.

Greatlubu

Unregistered

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 12:37pm

Its startling how quick you people are to just not bother with focus, or even dead silence for that matter... but hey who cares if they are already ready for you because you sound like a water buffalo, and dang who needs to keep your aim steady when you get the no focus free headshot like all the baddies do lol...

Focus and Dead Silence are the two most important perks in this game, if you are using Quickdraw and Agility to make your LMG feel more like an AR, Heres a hint... YOUR DOING IT WRONG. LMGs are fine as they should be used dont waste your time and your teams using cheese ineffective perk\weapon combos.

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 4:45am

Its startling how quick you people are to just not bother with focus, or even dead silence for that matter... but hey who cares if they are already ready for you because you sound like a water buffalo, and dang who needs to keep your aim steady when you get the no focus free headshot like all the baddies do lol...

Focus and Dead Silence are the two most important perks in this game, if you are using Quickdraw and Agility to make your LMG feel more like an AR, Heres a hint... YOUR DOING IT WRONG. LMGs are fine as they should be used dont waste your time and your teams using cheese ineffective perk\weapon combos.

Aren't most pubs just full of casual players who have all kinds of background noise (mom yelling at them, talking to a friend in the room with their mic unmuted, playing music in the background etc.) Outside of the competitive scene the only people sound whoring are the occasional try-hards, and if you and your group are decent players - they will leave as soon as they realize they can't inflate their KDR's in that lobby. I understand your point though, it's definitely useful to have a Dead Silence class just in case and Focus is a very useful perk for those oh-shit-face-to-face encounters, plus the reduced sway benefit when posting up somewhere with that LMG.

@rival

I use to run a Thermal + Suppressor combo on MW3 with the L86! It had that 3hk ability at all ranges. On here, with the M27, it doesn't feel as pin-point accurate as the MW3 L86, but I'm going to give it a try.

the delta ranger

Unregistered

Monday, July 21st 2014, 9:06am

my favorite weapon loadout is FAD Assult rifle with a red dot sight and whatever other attachment then you can pick a pistol or whatever you want :)