Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Amador" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 29th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, December 29th 2013, 11:28am

Marksman Rifle Sight Recoils?

Not sure where else to check and although I hate posting without something to contribute myself hopefully someone here will know. Someone added onto the Wikipedia that the default sights reduce the Viewkick on the DMRs by 15%. I've tried several DMRs with RDS and Holos and they all seem to be all over the place and it doesn't leave me wanting to run them. Although I haven't tried the default sight myself any confirmation or rebuttal leads into the next question. In BO2 the Iron Sight attachment reduced the ADS time and sway for the Ballista and I was curious if it had any similar effects on DMRs in Ghosts and I personally lack the tools to test subtle changes like this >.< heck in my old age I struggle to tell the differences between Quickdraw and not having it.
Any help or info would be appreciated, thank you.

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, June 20th 2014, 3:54am

The only thing that I can really say to you is that in my own experience, I felt as if I had much higher recoil with the thermal hybrid. Iron sights/red dot the recoil isn't bad imo. The default sights do appear to recoil less than the others. Never tried any other sights. I've been wondering myself if the iron sights provide any advantage. The in-game stats show it has higher mobility but the in-game stats aren't always totally reliable. I haven't noticed a difference between red dot and iron sights.

Date of registration
: Mar 7th 2017

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 8th 2017, 1:08am

Yes, the 'Default Scope' for each DMR reduces Viewkick by15%

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, March 8th 2017, 6:45am

@t-bone

Please do not post on threads that have been inactive for a long time (e.g. a month, let alone few years). See Rule 11 here.

Thread closed.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included