Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ivDeTox

Unregistered

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 8:25am

Remington R5 vs AK 12?

Which Assault Rifle is better overall? Looking at the stats, I see that AK-12 has less recoil, more dmg, more range, and a higher fire rate. Is there anything that the Remington has over the AK 12? The damage for the Remington drops off at a slightly further distance, but for the AK-12, it drops off less. 4 Shot kill at long range for AK 12 while it is 5 shots for Remington plus higher recoil.

In the game, I see everyone using the Remington, including the pro players. Nobody seems to use the AK-12. Is there a reason for this?

This site is awesome btw.

snowdaysrule1

Unregistered

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 1:55am

Check out the accuracy plots for the two guns. The R5 tends to put the bullets right on target or higher and the AK-12 tends to shoot more towards the sides than on target. Otherwise the guns just feel different to me personally. I prefer the AK-12 because the R5 just feels like it has too long of a barrel for up close firefights.

Date of registration
: Feb 8th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 12:43am

Too long of a barrel? What?

Quoted

Titicus Exsposicus or Getthefuckouticus- Harry Potter

Josh

Unregistered

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 3:37pm

The R5 has 33m range before the damage drops, the AK only 25m.

Date of registration
: Jan 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, January 6th 2014, 5:35pm

I've been switching between the two weapons for a bout 2 weeks now. Using Muzle Brake attachment or suppressor with themrmal scope. I find myself more comfortable with the R5. when aiming down the sights the recoil goes straight up which is great for head shots and keeping your rounds on the target. However on longer maps the AK wins out in quicker kills. I think you will find more encounters in that 25-35m range. that makes the remington a better weapon than the AK>

If you really want to see an imporvment in your game. Check out the LMG M28 with Supressor - perks Stalker, Agility, (forget the name but increased speed when looking aiming)

You'll be a beast trust me on this. After using the R5 & AK then switching over. I feel like a new man.

MM42

Unregistered

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 11:42pm

My favorite load out is the AK-12 with suppressor and extended mags. I tried the remington but I didn't like the small magazine size even with extended mags. And the AK has way better iron sights imo. other than the magazine size, damage drop off and recoil pattern (remington is more vertical where the ak is more horizontal), these weapons seem pretty identical to me. And even the recoil pattern doesn't seem to make much of a difference to me

Date of registration
: Aug 18th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 11:22pm

Ahh, but that's just it, even in call of duty with its... random recoil, if the weapon has more vertical recoil, you can compinsate, do a degree. With horizontal, you can't, as its IMPOSSIBLE to compensate for two directions at once.
But you are spot on about the irons :D
I belive that IW wanted the AK-12 to be the best mid range monster AR, and the R5 to be the mid to long range beast. Perks and attatchments do help, but keep in mind that changing its identity can make a good gun substandard.
Always knee-deep in the dead...

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 11:05pm

I feel as though you can make a case for both of these guns as not only the best AR in the game but as the best gun in the game. They're both really solid weapons. The recoil on the remington is a little easier to manage but i think both weapons are pretty accurate. The AK wins in mag size and iron sights but honestly both iron sights are good.I really like both guns but i tend to use the AK more. When I use the remington extended mags is almost a must.

This post "MeUGecVxZEdrZikpU" by "Bxghptbu" (Friday, February 7th 2014, 10:26am) has been deleted by user "Legion" (Friday, February 7th 2014, 11:32am)