Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

• "MrT3a" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, October 26th 2015, 3:06pm

Battlefield 1982 - Battle(non)sens Concept for a new BF title

OK Guys !
I know a bunch of you already follow Battle(non)sens channel, but I wished to see his concepts for a new BF title discussed here ^^

Here is the playlist he's building around explaining what he wish for his dreamed new BF title, built around teamwork and all-around cooperation between infantry, air and armor.
Battlefield 1982
- YouTube

His concepts seem all pretty good and well thought to me.
If it was released I would certainly test it out for at least around ten hours ^^

Do tell me (and tell him) if you like or don't like the concepts.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrT3a" (Oct 26th 2015, 6:12pm)

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, October 26th 2015, 5:34pm

if he's trying to pitch his idea to a major developer (like DICE), or trying to drum up support so a company will make it, then he's wasting his time.

because of various legal reasons, studios do not accept (and will never make) unsolicited game ideas.

Quoted

Normally, anyone who works for a development studio is disallowed from looking at any unsolicited material - the designers of Magic: The Gathering aren’t allowed to look at fan-made cards, the World of Warcraft developers aren’t allowed to look at fan-made raid designs, and Bioware developers had to throw away Gerry Pugliese’s 400 page “Fix Mass Effect 3″ document, because they are avoiding a potential lawsuit. If something in the material happens to be similar or equivalent to something the development team is already working on, or will work on in the future, the submitter could sue.

so ironically, him posting his ideas with the aim for a studio to make, basically ensures that it will never be made.

also like most armchair designers, he's defaulting back to the old RPG/WoW model of teamwork: bring A B and C, or you don't get to progress. teamwork should be rewarded intrinsically by empowering the players and create extra bonuses for teamwork, and not reward extrinsically by actively punishing players just because they don't have the exact mix of things to do the content.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, October 26th 2015, 5:42pm

imgur version

I do not agree with most of this at all.

First and foremost, aircraft lose a lot of versatility. Just look at his loadout for the Attack Helicopter. He has completely shoehorned it into a ground attack role which isn't bad by itself. However, he provides no customization options for the player whatsoever and what is sorely lacking are A2A weapons. The AH should at the very least be able to defend itself against other air threats. The 1982 concept provides nothing of the sort.

Meanwhile, the ground attack jet somehow gets A2A weapons despite doing the same thing as the AH.

There is also a problem with "Less is more" philosophy. That isn't exactly true. More is more. If you have a lot of content that is bloating the game, the problem isn't an excess of content. The problem is moreso that the bloat has not been properly defined and diversified to make them stand out from other options.

If air vehicles feel disconnected from ground and/or objective gameplay, I think a better solution would be to increase capture volume height so that aircraft can help capture without having to land. While the "Ground Attack Mission" pop-up sounds great, we have 3D spotting for that already. I'm not opposed to its addition though.

The good ideas are guns that come with attachments and giving transport helicopters more capabilities. Weapons coming with attachments that benefit them the most would guarantee they are viable from the get-go. Then the rest of the attachments are optional to unlock and can increase longevity for people interested in gaining unlocks. Transports being able to drop Supply Crates is a fantastic idea. But why stop there? Transports should be further expanded on. What I'd like to see is Transport Helicopters being renamed Support Helicopters. They'd get pilot weapons (so they're not naked if there aren't any gunners), customizable gunner weapons, the ability to drop a Battle Pickup crate, and maybe even drop a quadbike as well.

#ThisIsPequod #InHot #WatchOutBoss
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, October 26th 2015, 8:50pm

if he's trying to pitch his idea to a major developer (like DICE), or trying to drum up support so a company will make it, then he's wasting his time because of various legal reasons, studios do not accept (and will never make) unsolicited game ideas.

Yeah, the world of legalities kinda sucks at times.

also like most armchair designers, he's defaulting back to the old RPG/WoW model of teamwork: bring A B and C, or you don't get to progress. teamwork should be rewarded intrinsically by empowering the players and create extra bonuses for teamwork, and not reward extrinsically by actively punishing players just because they don't have the exact mix of things to do the content.

Apparently he's not "building" the game you want. Mind you he's also not "building" the game I am currently interested in either.

First and foremost, aircraft lose a lot of versatility. Just look at his loadout for the Attack Helicopter. He has completely shoehorned it into a ground attack role which isn't bad by itself. However, he provides no customization options for the player whatsoever and what is sorely lacking are A2A weapons. The AH should at the very least be able to defend itself against other air threats. The 1982 concept provides nothing of the sort.

Having nothing besides a 30mm and unguided rockets kind of sucks for an air vehicle, but it's not "nothing" against other choppers. Still, IIRC most attack helicopters IRL do accept stingers and the like so I'm not convinced they shouldn't in a game.

There is also a problem with "Less is more" philosophy. That isn't exactly true. More is more. If you have a lot of content that is bloating the game, the problem isn't an excess of content. The problem is moreso that the bloat has not been properly defined and diversified to make them stand out from other options.

Less is more as soon as the quality of content devised through "more is more" suffers from a lack of budget, personnel and development time. It's why Star Citizen keeps getting criticized - they keep adding more potentially great ideas, but those are expensive, difficult to implement and absolutely push out the release date.

If air vehicles feel disconnected from ground and/or objective gameplay, I think a better solution would be to increase capture volume height so that aircraft can help capture without having to land. While the "Ground Attack Mission" pop-up sounds great, we have 3D spotting for that already. I'm not opposed to its addition though.

I'm not sure his vision includes 3D spotting. I found nothing towards that in the imgur writeup and I haven't watched the vids yet so I might have missed that.

The idea of attachments unlocking for all compatible weapons is kinda neat, but what I could see happening is variants. In BF4 it was already done with having alternative foregrips and sights. Hardline took it a bit further with the sights, and I think it could be expanded even further with customizable furniture and stuff.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Monday, October 26th 2015, 9:15pm

teamwork should be rewarded intrinsically by empowering the players and create extra bonuses for teamwork, and not reward extrinsically by actively punishing players just because they don't have the exact mix of things to do the content.

I don't agree with this. It sounds nice in theory, but that's what we have now and it simply doesn't work, because players create their own reward system (Wow look at my K/D ratio in conquest! All I had to do was camp the redzone!). Teamwork in this game at least, obviously needs to be a matter of punishing players for not doing it.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 26th 2015, 11:44pm

I don't agree with this. It sounds nice in theory, but that's what we have now and it simply doesn't work, because players create their own reward system (Wow look at my K/D ratio in conquest! All I had to do was camp the redzone!). Teamwork in this game at least, obviously needs to be a matter of punishing players for not doing it.

um... BF4 DOESN'T reward teamwork intrinsically. in fact, it's basically WoW with guns. don't have an assault in your party? you're gonna die. up against a vehicle and you don't have an engineer? you're gonna die. don't have a support? you're gonna die. found a vehicle and your squad doesn't have a repair tool? you're gonna die. if you don't happen to have the exact perfect set of loadouts for a given situation, BF4 actively punishes you by killing you. and because the cause of your success and fail is so arbitrary, people started creating their own reward systems.

an intrinsic reward system for teamwork empowers players by giving everybody some way to handle any situation, and then reward players for teamwork through additional bonuses. with success and failure firmly in control by the players, THEN players would be more inclined to teamwork, and less inclined to making their own reward systems.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, October 27th 2015, 12:02am

Don't exaggerate. (assuming normal preset)

Don't have a medic? Wait for autoregen.
Don't have a support? Choose ammo perk or scavange kits.
Don't have an engineer? Avoid enemy vehicles or use C4 or use your own vehicles.
Don't have a repair tool? Retreat in time and let autoregen take care of it.
Don't have a recon? You're probably fine.

We've had this discussion and that's not the topic here.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 27th 2015, 12:21am

We've had this discussion and that's not the topic here.

you are right. so in the future, try not to steer it in that direction.

Don't exaggerate. (assuming normal preset)

Don't have a medic? Wait for autoregen.
Don't have a support? Choose ammo perk or scavange kits.
Don't have an engineer? Avoid enemy vehicles or use C4 or use your own vehicles.
Don't have a repair tool? Retreat in time and let autoregen take care of it.
Don't have a recon? You're probably fine.

not exaggerating, and you've proved it. your solutions aren't viable.

Tuesday, October 27th 2015, 2:49pm

Maybe our experiences differ, but what I see is exactly what zormau described.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

• "MrT3a" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, October 27th 2015, 3:07pm

Guys ^^ please keep it civil and on topic ^^

I mostly agree with Moriz about squad building being flawed in the concept. Too much MMORPG for my liking.

What I would want is a system that do not encourage KDR boasting outside of TDM.
Get rid of KD in all other modes. Show only score.
Give 60 points for a kill, 50 for an assist, 40 for a savior, 30 for a avenger kill.
Give 100 points for a capture.
Add 30 bonus for defending
Keep the ticket bleed to keep an incentive to capture.

They're definitively not really thought numbers, but you get my idea.

I'm all in about air and ground vehicles having to get back to base to ressuply.
It could even benefit from a new vehicle : the front supply "truck".
It would be a based spawned asset (as all should be in my mind) to be protected as it allows vehicles to ressuply. Maybe infantry too, but it would be a bit too much.

Sent from phone
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite