Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 2:02am

@ DeathOfTheDodo

There are both Mass Drivers and Rail Guns in Elite. There is heavy use of thermal weaponry like beam lasers as well. Very few of the weapons you can mount are missile based. Keep in mind those were cinematic trailers. Elite Dangerous has been celebrated for how realistic it is, it's more of a space "simulator" if you'd like to call it that, than Star Citizen is.

How high-risk is the combat, though? Are shields a thing? How is it more of a simulator than SC?

EDIT: And the ship design is still..... eh.

There is an insurance system that will cover 95% of the cost of your ship, that being said, outfitting your ship will increase the buyback cost of your ship. The economy is controlled by player influence, and thus so is your income. Shields are a thing, but once they are initially broken you need to redirect power from your power plant to restore them, once they are restored they will only come online with 33% integrity, and so they can be easily broken again unless you get some distance to let them recharge.

Okay. Watched some gameplay and it looks too slugfest-y for my tastes. By high-risk I meant more about the damage models.

Shields are also a bit of a dealbreaker for me unless they're very well explained.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

yugas42

(1,359)

• "yugas42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, March 16th 2015, 6:08am

The Wings update has come upon us! Elite: Dangerous Wings 1.2 (Wings content update) incoming

This is the update that Elite needed. Now you can join up with friends and warp into and out of the same instances as them. Played for a few hours yesterday and group bounty hunting has a lot going for it. They've also increased the amount of money made through bounty hunting to help take away some of the credit grind. Two new ships were added with reasonable prices as well. If the lack of social features is what kept you from buying Elite, they're here now, and they're good.

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 8:10am

More updates!

Elite: Dangerous has come to Steam! It is currently the top seller and is beating out GTA V pre-orders, Cities Skyline, and H1Z1, just to name a few.

Elite: Dangerous on Steam

Date of registration
: Jul 22nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 9:28am

I took a break from it recently - wanted to wait until PowerPlay comes along and see what's the big news about it. But if someone would like to fly around together and shoot down some bounties then I'm in : )

I fly a decently kitted Vulture and a meh Asp (wanted to see how it feels, not really my goto ship at the moment). Currently I'm stationed in Xihe System (Zhen Dock).

Recently I played mostly within Mobius because with my temper I couldn't manage morons engaging me in a RES after scratching someone's shields for 400cr. Hopefully it will change for the better since they were supposed to change how fines/bounties work.

edit. As for Star Citizen being a better simulator - have you people played Arena Commander? ; ) I won't try to prove which one is better - they both have totally bullshit WWI flight physics (even with Flight Assist off).

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, August 31st 2015, 6:32am

If anyone is still kicking around in this, message me. This has been my primary game for a good long while now.

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, August 31st 2015, 7:26am

If anyone is still kicking around in this, message me. This has been my primary game for a good long while now.

I play from time to time. I think I would play a whole lot more if they actually added a social aspect to the game. Wings only did so much, and they were a massive improvement, but online is still a very empty place. I suppose a proper control setup would help me get back into it as well. I've always played using a Logitech Attack 3 that has a bad centering spring and makes my ship drift to one side or the other. I'd pick up a Saitek x52 ideally, but my G27 wheel purchase earlier this year was quite enough money spent for now. Maybe with the new expansion i'll play more.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, August 31st 2015, 8:33am

I don't plan to buy the new expansion, it's just too expensive in my mind. The game as it is I like, adding landing is fine, but at that price, no thanks.

I have a decent set up, that does indeed help. I can't wait for VR to add to my system.