Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 11:50am

@Aenonar
If the majority/some of a lobby choose random after a mission it brings that lobby into a mission of the same type started by another host and if it can't find a host of the same mission type I think it just looks for whatever host has open slots in their lobby on whatever mission type.

*by mission i mean gamemode: deathmatch, race, mission, etc.

The shitty exception is that I think if the lobby chooses a map that another host is on with enough slots available the lobby goes to the new host.

So in short
Host your own lobbies
Always quickly vote for a map
Hope your idiot lobby chooses anything other than random

But how do you actually host your own lobby? I tried walking into the circles but once in a while that doesn't make me the host. Also when I call Simeon for a mission once in a while that also doesn't make me the host *shrugs* Once I even joined someone else's lobby and became the host of their lobby. Starting via the menu system has similar results... (why the fuck is there like 5-6 ways to start a game in the first place -.-' )

I've been doing missions solo getting up to lvl 22, pretty easy so far, though for some reason only Simeon is giving me any missions, Lamar only gave me one... Supposedly Martin, Gerald, Ron, Trevor and Lester has missions for me as well but they're still locked saying they don't have any missions for me oO

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Aenonar" (Apr 29th 2015, 11:58am)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 1:04pm

Gotta love how inconsistent R* seem to be. First they remove the Duke of Death from the multiplayer because it is nigh on indestructible, fast, agile and allows players to shoot out of it, then they introduce the Karin Kuruma (Armored) to the multiplayer, which is nigh on indestructible, fast, agile and allows players to shoot out of it. The only way to defend yourself if you're attacked by one is to shoot it with a rocket and pay for the insurance. Way to punish the player for self defense.

I think they should either remove it (it really breaks most missions as well) or at least have players who destroy it not pay for the insurance.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 2:33pm

Some time ago, I posted a statement how disappointed I was from GTA V. Well, I should have said that Online part is not great either.

but what do you expect? Its FreeRoam GTA, dude! Its designed to give every player this huge sandbox. And this includes driving around killing anyone unfortune. And in some way or another it emulates Real Life: Ethan Couch
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 3:46pm

Gotta love how inconsistent R* seem to be. First they remove the Duke of Death from the multiplayer because it is nigh on indestructible, fast, agile and allows players to shoot out of it, then they introduce the Karin Kuruma (Armored) to the multiplayer, which is nigh on indestructible, fast, agile and allows players to shoot out of it. The only way to defend yourself if you're attacked by one is to shoot it with a rocket and pay for the insurance. Way to punish the player for self defense.

I think they should either remove it (it really breaks most missions as well) or at least have players who destroy it not pay for the insurance.

Does Rockstar show any intent in balancing multiplayer and rinsing GTA5PC of hackers? Any announcements or R. dev's commenting on the glaring issues?
RIP Sraw

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,928)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 3:50pm

Does Rockstar show any intent in balancing multiplayer and rinsing GTA5PC of hackers? Any announcements or R. dev's commenting on the glaring issues?

After seeing how they have dealt with GTA IV and GTA V in regards of MP hackers I'd imagine they want to kind of stay on "anti-cheatless" side so people can mod things freely. It's all fine-tuned game and all but I can't comprehend why they are not adding even the simplest anti-cheats (I can understand why they don't have 3rd party AC, but still). Could be a side-effect of it being a "console port".
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 6:10pm

3rd week just begun.
R* is still oblivious to how bad their mouse control implementation is.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 8:29pm

3rd week just begun.

Have you played Watch_Dogs? Compared to that disaster GTA V's mouse controls work like a charm (except for helicopters and planes, yes, and those things were absent in W_D). I'm talking "forced aim-assist" here, and to my knowledge it's still not fixed a year after launch.

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 9:01pm

3rd week just begun.

Have you played Watch_Dogs? Compared to that disaster GTA V's mouse controls work like a charm (except for helicopters and planes, yes, and those things were absent in W_D). I'm talking "forced aim-assist" here, and to my knowledge it's still not fixed a year after launch.

Considering the sheer amount of attention to detail GTA V showcases for most aspects, not having proper mouse options is a bit weird. Comparing a decent game to a shit game in regards to that isn't very productive.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 9:18pm

3rd week just begun.

Considering the sheer amount of attention to detail GTA V showcases for most aspects, not having proper mouse options is a bit weird. Comparing a decent game to a shit game in regards to that isn't very productive.

I like seeing the bright side, and saying "hey, look how much worse it could have been" is a form of that. I'm not completely happy with what we got and would like to see improvements, but I'm glad it isn't worse.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 10:01pm

I just played the torture mission in GTA V.

Things it taught me:

- i'm not a sadist