Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

yugas42

(1,387)

• "yugas42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:25pm

The Steam Marketplace

Hey guys, been messing around with the Steam Market today. It's been out for a few months and I think all of the little bugs have probably been worked out in it by now.I was surprised at how much money I made from selling some ingame items. When I started listing things I had $0.11 USD in my steam wallet. After around 45 minutes I have $11.96; the only thing I sold was Team Fortress 2 item crates, one of which was worth $13.47. Currently supported games are TF2, Counter Strike, and Dota 2, along with the trading cards of course.

So with that being said, I want to start a little thread for the Steam Market and see how it does if anyone else is interested in using the system. With any luck if someone is looking for something they might be able to find it within the Symthic Community before having to go buy it from someone else out in the market. Anyone else using or intend to use the Steam Market? I think this whole system is great, lets me buy games for free.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:31pm

I still haven't found the use of the trading cards.. I have a couple, but I can't even find a larger version of them oO

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:39pm

The Cards complete badges which give you xp, every 5 (or 10, not sure) levels you can feature a badge on your profile, and showcase all of your stuff from the game. You also get to set your background of your profile page to one that is themed from that game. For example i'm trying to complete the TF2 card set to get the TF2 profile background. Some of the stuff you can do is actually pretty cool, not really useful, but a good way to customize your profile page.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 10:43pm

In short:

Collect cards for worthless 'badges'

OR

Collect cards and sell them on the community market and use the credit to buy games basically for free.

I've gotten a fair number of games out of it, although I admit many of those were during the trading card beta when they were worth a lot more.

Seriously though, I don't see the point in collecting badges. The items you get (background etc.) are really cheap on the market, so much so that you can buy quite a few with the credit you get from selling the cards you drop.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 11:00pm

Just completed the Borderlands 2 badge as well, and Auto is right, none of it is really worth doing, but I still find it kind of a fun novelty.