Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 12:43am

@bboypaktailo

quote me when you do, i'd love to add you on there, i don't even have enough people to form a full team on there(regardless if those people would play together)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

• "SomeRandomGuy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 28th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 7:59pm

Doomfist has been officially confirmed as a hero!

He is now available on the Overwatch PTR (if you're lucky enough to have it.)

Check out his page on the Overwatch Website!

His Story Trailer is available here!

Jeff Kaplan talks about him in his latest developer update here.

What do you think about his abilities and story? I'm looking forward to his release and more news about him later on.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, July 6th 2017, 8:38pm

Doomfist has been officially confirmed as a hero!
What do you think about his abilities and story? I'm looking forward to his release and more news about him later on.

HIM: Oddly I can't play Reaper anymore after the change to his healing, so I'm looking forward to potentially filling the slot with another Talon-offensive hero :)
I don't like Reinhardt but I can already see parallels with him and, oddly, Tracer; literally jumping one or two targets to either kill them or deal heavy damage before disengaging.
STORY: Super-fascinated by his attachment to Talon; means that they've been at least a minor presense when Overwatch was in it's hayday. The whole mantra of him is really cool and clever as well, fits in very much with his background and with Numbani; a city built on strength through equality and peace being diametrically opposed by a man who feels the strongest should lead a path built on the bones of the weak. It's also a very common theme throughout the animal kingdom (particularly wolves & lions come to mind), and there are countless historical and contemporary tribes throughout Africa and the world built on the same philosphy!

Speaking of Tracer: YOU HURT HER YOU FUCKING MONSTER!!! ;(

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 5:34am

Some stuff that's been happening recently:

I hope people who still play here have been getting adjusted to the new patches both live and on PTR. I'm sure much of the changes made are in the right direction for what the devs want to take the game in spite of the sheer number of salty players who question their competency in balancing. For those not keeping up with the changes, here's a short overview:

Junkrat's RIP-Tire now moves 30% faster and no longer has a timer for wall-climbing. On top of that, he now gets two charges of Concussion Mines that regenerate separately over time.

Orisa's primary weapon projectiles now move much faster, extending her effective range. On top of that, her barrier is also larger and has an adjusted shape to increase the amount of protection she provides for herself and teammates.

Roadhog's Take a Breather now has 50% damage resistance and allows full movement speed while activated.

Widow's Venom Mine now grants wall-hax when detonated by an enemy player (not destroyed). Her Hook cooldown has also been reduced to give her more opportunities to escape from attacks.

The only thing that's been irking me as of late is the community's reaction to the developer's changes. Many players have decried their decision to nerf Hog, which substantially reduced his viability in competitive play. They have remained irate in spite of the fact that Jeff justified the changes on the basis of a "perceived meta" vs. an "actual meta". Personally, I side with the devs on the issue. Although Hog is indeed untenable in the current meta, his changes were warranted because of how oppressive his hook combo was. I'm confident that his current PTR changes will make him much more viable in competitive.

Regardless, I should try to keep the discussion going on here and not let it sit around for too often, lest I unintentionally necro it. Thanks for reading (if you are)!

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 8:37am

Don't ever play the PTR simply because I need a constant supply of loot boxes to sustain life, but regardless! Discussion away then!

Junkrat: I like the mine changes cos it'll give him more mobility on top of everything else. The tire changes I'm lukewarm about, especially the wall-climbing timer change; the max distance of it is now kind of hilarious and probably too large but I'm gonna wait and see.

Orisa: I don't see her Fusion Driver change as a max range buff as the spread and damage drop-off are the same, it's purely a quality of life change. That's not a bad thing, I just personally have no trouble using her gun effectively at any range. Barrier changes are awesome and I can't wait to try them out!!!

Hog: I agree that the cannon change was justified, especially since a competent Hog can still easily remove enemy players so long as they can land a follow up shot after the hook combo, in fact I'd personally like to see this combo nerfed more by removing the ability to quick melee after hooking someone. That being said, however, this has also been an indirect buff to Genji which has made playing many heroes in the game significantly less fun…
New healing change is fucking ridiculous; the fat bastard already has 600 health and that skill is on a real fucking short cooldown considering it's potency now (he literally shrugs off DVA's nuke if you activate it on >500HP)…

Widow: As a closet Widow-fan, I love these new changes! Especially the hook change! Gonna make her a helluva lot more accessible to other players.

Thing I love the most about Blizzard is that they're not in any way like DICE. What I mean by that is they listen to the community but never go as far as to give them the keys and directions to the nearest cliff (read: DICE's CTE), and, more significantly, they have the fucking integrity to look at the community opinion then look at the situation in their game and go "No, we don't think Bastion needs two miniguns" or "No we won't give Genji stealth assassinations" (again, read: like with DICE's CTE).

But now I'm just getting sour :P

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 18th 2017, 1:34am

Junkrat: I find it likely that they'll revert the Wall-Climb RIP-Tire timer change and instead increase the timer to a greater measure than it currently is in Live. I don't mind it getting into better positions faster and won't really hassle if the PTR changes go live, but I'll agree that playing against Spider-Tire is already annoying when Spider-Lucio exists.

Orisa: I have two rationale for seeing the increased projectile speed as a slight range extension. 1. A slower projectile technically results in a longer TTK at farther distances due to travel time. 2. Competent players who can see a projectile coming will usually have enough time to move out of its trajectory; faster projectiles are harder to avoid, however. This is something I've reasoned with experience from TF2; any decent players who can see a Soldier rocket/Demo mine or grenade flying towards them can simply move slightly to the side to dodge it, even if enemy movement is predicted. Getting closer to a target makes the projectile easier to hit and predict, of course.

The barrier changes are a big plus; most of the time I've had trouble with Orisa was when I didn't have a shield to protect me from incoming fire. Being a large target with a huge head hitbox, she melts incredibly fast when focused.

Hog: I simply cannot wait for the changes! I've always argued that Hog's greatest weakness that hampers his viability is his status as an ult battery. Shooting Hog can potentially grant ~900 points of ult charge after he Takes a Breather. The only thing that balanced that out pre-patch was his pre-patch hook combo (which was still too powerful). Now, he can tank somewhat as a character that is incredibly difficult to kill and can overwhelm enemies with his high DPS and health. The 50% damage resistance also affects the amount of ult charge gained when shooting him.

Widow: I agreed that Widow's hook always had too short of a cooldown. By the time she used it to acquire a sniping position, a coordinated team could jump on her and she would be left with about 8 seconds to wait for an escape. I'm excited to see the new plays and counter plays made with bungee-jumping Widows.

I also always thought her mine was very underwhelming; most competent players can spot and destroy it. While informative whether or not it's destroyed, it barely tells Widow where her flankers are trying to attack from. The change should give Widow an idea of who is approaching her and still provides counter-play by allowing opponents to negate the wall-hax by simply destroying the mine.

I have great respect for Blizzard's resoluteness; they actually know what they're doing and don't care if their personal image takes a hit. They've already made up for Hog with the Summer games, all the other Hero buffs, the upcoming Junkertown map and OWL finals in September. Thank God the general community has a poor memory and is naturally susceptible to distractions.

That actually sounds condescending, coming from me. (someone plz help me get trashmouse's cricket skin)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 18th 2017, 12:39pm

@SomeRandomGuy

I suppose spider-tyre is never going to be as cancerous as spider-Lucio is, so I'm not all that bothered. It's a good idea, if not perfectly executed. Can't complain, I might be able to fucking kill someone with the damn thing now :P

For point 1: I'd argue that's, again, more to do with the gun's inherent inaccuracy/spread at range and less because of the gun's projectile speed; no-one complains about stealth-sniper Zen and his projectiles are only maginally faster that Orisa's.
For point 2: Again this is a spread thing; players are alive long enough to flee because bullets are going around them.
But it doesn't matter in all honesty, the change will be interesting and I'm quite happy to see how it plays out.
Not really a point warranting discussion as I do agree entirely with you but I'mma do dat shit anyways: Tanks melt when focused regardless. That's sort of the point of having DPS heroes in both teams...

No, have to disagree with you on this one. I still think the new Hog changes are going to bring him back to pre-hook levels of broken, and it's that bad kind of broken where it's undeniably fucking broken but that does mean that you got to enjoy Genjis getting their faces caved in repeatedly (like you could with the pre-patch hook combo; literally the only reason anyone fucking put up with it...). This primarily comes back to my side-comment re Orisa; you SHOULD be able to melt a tank with enough damage, a team fight with one tank and more-than-say-2 DPS heroes should always end in the DPS' favour so long as they're not fucking idiots. Honestly, at this point, I'd rather they brought his old damage model back but on a longer cooldown than impliment this...He's just going to feed ult and not really do a whole lot else now except annoy more people with his existence!

I assuming you mean "I agreed that Widow's hook always had too long of a cooldown" otherwise your whole sentence makes no sense :P
Both changes are good for dear Wid-wid, looking forward to them. Might mean she gets a little less hate to boot...Poor thing :(

Yes I agree, wanting to stick up for your own decisions seems to be a rare trend in gaming these days...
Sure they're not perfect (the arcade, Roadhog, general poor map-making ability, etc) but they're a hell of a lot better than a lot of the other publishers these days!
*Cough* DICE EA Ubisoft *cough* Activision *cough cough* :D

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, August 18th 2017, 6:33pm

Nah, the new hog will just survive everything but won't do much damage. Think ulting Winston--damn hard to kill but his damage isn't high enough for him to kill stuff constantly. Throw on how broken his hook *still* is (hook a genji and he ends up behind you for whatever stupid reason) and I don't think that he's dead. Don't get me wrong, I can still use the nerfed Hog okay, but he's not capable of carrying anymore and the buff won't change that.

He'll be stupid frustrating to play against, though. So close to a kill and NOPE. It'll probably be more frustrating than old Hog.

IMO, Hog should have 750 health (with a 250 heal with a 5s cooldown) and have a passive that grants 30% less ult charge *to enemies*. That would swing ult advantage in your team's favor by giving Hog himself and your healers more charge. He'd also be much less frustrating to play against (provided your flanks aren't absolute garbage incapable of killing Mercies).

They could also do something interesting with Hog's ult charging faster but doing less damage--making a character completely ult-oriented would be really interesting.

edit: Viper, you're about to pass me in postcount :/
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 18th 2017, 8:53pm

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, August 18th 2017, 9:03pm

Uh, I figured you'd be more like this about it.

Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS