Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "sgtCrookyGrin" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, February 13th 2017, 4:55pm

For Honour

When I realized the open beta was happening this weekend I had to drop BF1 for the time being and jump on because I've been waiting for about 2 years when it was announced at E3 2015

IMO: The game is amazing. The melee combat system is excellent and perfected to every touch, it's skill based, discourages button mashing, requires thoughtful approaches depending on hero types, and most importantly of all it "feels" like I'm hitting you in the face with a flail.

I know that I'm going to get the game most likely but a youtuber has brought up his criticisms of the game and I agree to some extent that the game has issues. Besides that, who else is planning on getting the game so that we can duel for honor? And what are your thoughts so far if you've tried the alphas, betas, etc?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sgtCrookyGrin" (Feb 14th 2017, 6:54pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 12:51am

i tried both betas(let's be honest though, the second one was more of a gold state build) and while i didn't find it engagin, it still felt like a solid game, on the other hand, the person whom i wanted to play it with described it as "assassin's creed 8 with a different skin and a couple combos, 2 hits dodge, 2 hits dodge"

naturally he was horribly wrong but, it still saddens me that even peopl who i thought were intelligent end up having lopsided(is that proper word to use here? ) opinions, coming from for example seeing someone else play it, against bots.
it's just not the same, for honor is one of those games that has to be played by yourself first, and the bots hinder to the gameplay aspect of it all, it should be pvp only even if some people might find fighting lv1 bot easier( imho, noobs in pvp are way easier to beat)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 5:10am

@iota-09
I know where you're coming from. Everyone I've introduce with gameplay says, "the game looks boring" or "it looks like Assassins Creed with a reskin". It's an experience you have to try yourself to understand what makes the game great. Games were always designed to be fun to play, not to watch. I think if you get your friend some hands on time with the game they'll get accustomed to it.

But I don't think bots should be taken out because they do add value to practicing combos by yourself if need be. (also including the fact that the game has a single player, DEVs should be using all assets to its full advantage)

While this is anecdotal, many of the high level players find it challenging to fight lvl 3 bots and the hardest singleplayer difficulty turns off the UI while fighting these types of bots, definitely an interesting challenge to try when I download the game later tonight. But from firsthand experience, bots are for tutorial and humans are the fun part.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,496)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 6:48am

Honour.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 6:55am

this.... oddly enough, this reminds me of airsoft.

usually normal games, be it via trailer or gameplays(examples: battlefield, god of war) tend to look like the greatest things on earth to the ignorant people(note that on the dictionary, ignorance can be used just as a description, not an insult) but... i feel like for honor and only airsoft, of the things i've did and seen advertised in my past, have actually the opposite effect, they are both things that only people that fall in the specific target audiences or played them can notice their beauty and how different they are from what they look like... i feel like this, this is the true spirit of competition and sport, a sport to really engage someone, doesn't need for the viewer to entertain, that's part of the marketing, a sport actually requires only the player to be engaged enough to better himself, only on the beauty of competition and fun mixed together, nothing extra, no money, no prizes, no recognition, they might be ulterior motives to make it "go beyond" and reach the agonistic levels, but their drive to become better should be those, the spirit of competition and "fun" (and notice how i'm using "fun" as a catch-all term rather than as actual fun) ...this means that, if my theory is correct, for honor has an absurd potential as e-sport game, but at the same time, it might fail horribly if the audience doesn't pick it up despite their prejudices.
what ubisoft has done, to give chance to players call friends to the closed beta... they should have done that with for honor, not with ghost recon, if they did so, i'm sure the game would have had a much higher success, regardless of how it is doing now(i currently have no idea)

and also it should get a good support as well, at th emoment in for honor aside from 1v1 the modes are largely biased and prone to "dirt play", while this might not seem bad from a current-meaning of competitive, it will hinder at the reputation of the game and at what it is.

let's say for example, that there's a soccer player who can "take out of the play" other players in a completely legal way... say, by kicking the soccer ball on their joints -now i don't know if the actual rules of soccer allow that, but assuming they do- how'd you think the reputation of this player would be if he kept making his opponents literally fall to the ground by using a loophole in the rules? what if that player than becomes the most influential player of the european championships and nobody could say anything against it? you know what would take the hit? no, not the player, maybe authorities, but most of all the sport... the game.
what for honor needs right now(seeing how they can't go back in the past) is make their rules much more specific and try to incentivize as much as they can a specific kind of gameplay, both from reward perspective and the gameplay efficiency one, even in your video, one of the biggest complains was that it's easy for people to gang up on each other in the multiplayer modes and make the battles seem unfair, or how in certain cases "unhonorable" things like pushing off of cliffs people is absurdly easy, such as with some of the heavy weight characters.
now tell me, can you do any of that in other e-sport games? street fighter, counter strike, cod... i don't know about the otherones, but those which i know, they don't they might have ""cheap strategies" but they're not seen as dirty, rather, as cowardly, and in fact many times they have lower skill ceiling than doing stuff like using the model 8 in bf1 compared to a cei rigotti, or how it is to be a zoner instead of an assaulter with a character that is normally used at range in fighting games(a good example of this is "nu-13/lambda-11" in the blazblue series) but there's no dirty way, you can't put someone in the corner with absolutely no ways out, skill in this game will always leave you with one chance to make it alive, even if it's just pressing the most random button in that one fram between an attack and a finisher, at the moment, for honor lacks, or rather, HAS too many of those "dirty play" instances, in which one has no way to escape their enemy no matter their skill, it's not a bad thing per se,from a strategic point of view, that's actually good, because it makes you use your brain instead of just your instincts, but we're talkng sports here, not a chess game, people don't want to see that, that won't make it for a successful e-sport game, it'll still be a good one, but not at all successful.

i'm not sure i explained myself well here... after all neither competitive play nor sports are my fields, like, not even closely, and i'm basing these bunch of theories on just a couple things i heard in the past and the roughly 30 hours playtime i had on for honor and playing airsoft, but what i'm trying to say here, is that the difference between a good sports game and a successful one, is the understanding of rules, and the fairness of those rules, the most instances possible of unfairness, the more people will feel like that sport is too much of an hostile environment for them, making it an unsuccessful sport, even if a good one at the base.

in other words... from what i've gathered my life expereiences and various sources, the best sport, both in quality and success, is the one that is easily reproducable from the viewer, but also one that can create a high sense of competitiveness while having a fun gameplay, though how it achieves this fun doesn't matter(look at rocket league... that game's concept is absurd and simple at the same moment) and on top of that,what makes it successful, is a simple but strict set of "laws", ones that make the game fair, that creates no chances of the game to be iimpossible to win if the adversary does that one move while you were unfortunate enough to be in the wrong spot out of you choice.

from what i've seen, for honor -ironically considering the game's name- lacks only the last thing and, from the marketing side, some good advertising that makes it almost a missed chance in life to try the game for free to people, you can also see that by how most people who played the game outside of the bots modes alone in the betas enjoyed it a lot more than they expected.

--------------
though to be honest... i've wasted even too much time blabbering about something i don't know and that is partially off-topic after almost 24 hours i didn't sleep right after a fever, so i might just said a hot load of bullcrap.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 6:53pm

Honour.
I know I know, we American's are intrusive and barbaric people abusing the English language for our wants. I'll fix it :P

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 7:35pm

Honour.
I know I know, we American's are intrusive and barbaric people abusing the English language for our wants. I'll fix it :P

fun fact: did you know that tehnically, americnan english is "more english" than british english?

i forgot the actual reason though... but i'm sure it made a whole lot of sense.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 9:04pm

Honour.

fun fact: did you know that tehnically, americnan english is "more english" than british english?

i forgot the actual reason though... but i'm sure it made a whole lot of sense.

in the 19th century not pronouncing the letter R in words came into fashion in most of England and small chunk of the North Eastern US.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 10:48pm

BTW @iota-09
I'll be typing out my thoughts on what you've said soon, I just feel obligated to type something of similar length as well because my thoughts should be as descriptive as possible as well.

It'll take some time and I'm certain you'll get something by tomorrow.

yugas42

(1,375)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 19th 2017, 1:55am