Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 6th 2017, 6:45pm

Ghost Recon - Wildlands

i just realized nobody made the thread yet, so here it is.

i'll add some topics but with no images links or whatever because i'm a lazy fat-ass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so, the beta.
the beta was good but very very poor in terms of content, there' were just 7 guns you could customize(without counting loot and out-of-map stuff) and just a coupple accessories, even though since GRFS the ghost recon franchise took on this mission to be considered one of the most weapon customization-heavy games on the market, however, people might not have realized this due to the map limit, but there i sno way in hell this was the beta state build, as i mentioned already you could go out of the border with a very simple glitch(melee someone right when the countdown reaches 0) and when you'd go out you'd see it: in the beta, there was less then half the map. the west side was almost complete, ok, good, the mid noth-west was also in the decent shop as well as close to the east and southern borders was pretty ok, but everything else: total emptyness, north west(the salt desert) was just that that, a desert, when you'd go from the desert to the east you'd see super-low-res villages, like, houses that should be square would be some kind of odd form that seemed to come out of Killer 7, going even more east you'd see only geometry and texture, this would g on for all the north to north-east side, then going down(east side) you'd see a couple bushes here and there and better textures, but overall just geometry, mid south east same thing, but then you'd arriv south east, southand south west, there, there almost weren't even geometry or textures, it was all white, and not because of the snow, as you'd go up toward the west side there were only the house but almost no geometry or items, going in the more developed areas, there even wasn't the water in the lake close to where you get the HTI(basically the srs sniper rifle).

there simply is no way that was the beta build "but they might have just deleted the assets before releasing it" then why would there be random villages to the west completely functioning? why would there be low res physical houses to the north(rather than just bidimensional textures like in battlefield) ? it just wasn't the beta build, this was probably the alpha.

now, taking this into account, how was the "beta" for me? it was ok, as i already said there wasn't much content, but the secondary mission were fun, especially the siege missions(there's another one close to where you get the tavor and is also way better than the one in itacua) and i'm sure the convoy assault missionswould be super fun with teammates, though i had none.
the gunplay i guess was ok, the recoil felt bad, then again i'm on console so i'm not sure about that, and the aiming also was... ehk, too much accelleration, after 500 ms of full tilt on the stick the accel would kick in and sensitivity boost of double the speed iirc, on the other hand minimal pixel movements felt very good thanks to a good deazone setting, and multiple camera sens settings, and here we get into sniping territory.
i have no doubts saying that sniping in ghost recon felt WAY better than battlefield, sure, bullet speeds are a bit low but that depends on the rifle (the m40 in ghost recon is as slow as the SUPPRESSED m40 in bf4, on the other hand the HTI felt almost like the bf1 gewehr 98 ) and it still made e the sniping feel satisfying anyway.
the AI in the first region sucks, like it sucks so much i have no words to describe it, but just imagine that the first enemy i encountered when starting the game was a group of 2 narcos down a mountain road(random encounter) i was waiting to get a shot as i had no sniper rifle, and as soon as i aim, ONE OF THE DUDES GETS HIT BY THE CAR OF A CIVILIAN.
speechless.
however, going into the OOB areas you can see that the AI is particularly bad only in itacua, the outposts to the west are actually pretty tough,, especially the ones inhabited by the unidad, in fact, if you make just a wrong move and can't find any cover, you will die, slowly but you will die, seeing how reaching evel 2 of unidad reinforcements is pretty much a death sentence, at least in the higher level areas(though the helicopter aren't a threat at all, 1-2 shots of nade launcher and they go down like leaves, though be wary that the gunner might glitch out and be still alive when the heli falls down)
the explorations is also fantastic, i'd say it's easily up to ubisoft games standards such as the division and the crew... heck, i'd say it's way better considering you can' go anywhere your eyes can see thanks to the movement system and the vehicles, talking about the vehicles, i don't see why people say they're bad, i find them pretty good, certainly not racing-game good, but for a free roaming game they are some of the best driving vehicles i ever used, brakes work fine as well as does doing maneuvers such as 180°turn followed by R gear, the planes are ok, not as good as battlefield jets, but they're ok, the helicopter though, while they are not "fun" to use(can't do any trick with them) once you understand how they work- which is pretty much how the F35 worked in bf3- they become extremely easy and comfortable to pilot, the parachute also was a nice mechanic, though i almost never used it.

tl;dr all in all it was an ok alpha beta, the only real problems i can see here are the aiming system, the teammates and civilian AI and the absence of "life", not in a npc walking around way but... i'm not sure how to explain it, but the cities and villages don't feel "alive" like they do in say, the division.
i'm not even going to mention main mission seeing how we played only 6 out of how many? 60? 80? 100? there's no telling how they'll be.

it'd be bad only if this was the actual beta-state build, but i bet my ass this was much earlier than that, like alpha or something.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, in the end i chose i'll get it between march and april on ps4 to play it with a friend, though we're only 2 so if anyone wants to join add me on ps4, nickname it's Lota-09 (yeah, somehow someone already got my name before i made it...)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Feb 6th 2017, 9:03pm)

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(374)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 2:04am

My final verdict of the game is "get it for less than 40€ IF the game doesn't run like shit anymore".

I'm just a sucker for the genre of generic ubisoft open world action rpg sandbox games. It's basically Far Cry 3/4, but in 3rd person and way more tacticool.

Also the sync-shoth cheese is insane.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 4:30am

i actually would've said more like the crew but with guns, especially after running around the outside of the map for a full day.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 5:04am

It really looks like it is shaping up to be another Division-esque failure, just for different reasons.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 11:34am

Yeah this is the game which I am most excited for, from the general gameplay idea. I always wanted a coop-open-world-shooter with little rpg elements but a whole country to explore with my mates.

I did not play the beta (I was almost going to make a thread here and ask for invites :D ), but the criticism that I read was basically the stuff I feared: Huge world with nothing to do or see beside the landscape. A repetitive mission design and low difficulty level also do not work to the game's favour. Basically you have to force the tactical approach onto yourself, because guns blazing is just the fastest choice.

I mean saying it is the biggest open world from Ubisoft up to now is nice, but if open world is not filled with anything but pretty trees, this is not worth a lot. You need mechanics ad activities that are fun and exciting to do, and Ubisoft is not really known for delivering that.

When you think about Skyrim, Fallout 4, GTA Online etc. taking Outposts and collecting 100 items is just not the hot shit anymore. If you insist on repetitive gaming structure you still have to tell a story in each encounter.

That said, there will likely be an Open Beta and I am still excited for it and to play with my mates.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 1:18pm

@VincentNZ
if you read my impressions of thealpha beta, you'd see what is actually to be feared aout and what isn't, many people didn't go out the map to see in what state the game actually is and what build this in truth was, but when you look at it from a different angle, you'd see that most of the issues people mentioned are either trivial or won't be present in the release.

i sitll will get it though, i said i see it like the crew but with guns, and that 's a positive for me, i buyed the crew just for the sheer size of the ma p and the chance to do "road trips" and the co-op element is really good if you can get a good sync with your friends so it still is a game i'll buy in any case.

p.s.: i admit some of the jokes one of the npc teammates keep telling when travelling get old real fast.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(374)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 1:21pm

i actually would've said more like the crew but with guns, especially after running around the outside of the map for a full day.

And what is The Crew if not Far Cry 3 but as a vehicle and with much less shooting? It's a generic ubisoft sandbox game with RPG elements.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 1:24pm

welll there's a whole lot more of environments, in fact, i'd say the crew lacks only the sahara-desert-loooking environmetn and then it has everything, ghost recon for what i've seen is the same.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 2:10pm

Yeah I get that from your resumee, but in the end, it is basically going into a fortress and either eliminate/kidnap/rescue/interrogate the HVT, right? This is very Ubisoft open world. As long as they do not tell a story that is interesting within every location like Fallout and Skyrim do, or provide constant incentives to do side missions like GTA Online does, I do not see the how this game can be as epic as it should be.

About the difficulty, they stated it was set on normal, from footage I've seen it must be pretty easy. I guess on higher difficulties you just die faster, I do not know if the AI actively acts smarter. So waht made you think that the AI outside the area was better? I still believe that you and your mates have to force yourself to play sneaky and tactical regardless of difficulty level, because the direct approach is still faster/easy enough etc.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 2:19pm

nope, yu also have "activate the radio stations" missions, breaching missions, convoy disruption and car stealing missions and enemy waves missions + you can destroy outposts by yourself, usually to get a weapon, an accessory or some skill points, and thos in the other areas are quite hard, enemy aim is better especially against the bots, they get better equipment and are more coordinated(though the overall AI is still quite lackluster) this also means that the real threat is the unidad as it works kinda like the police in gta,and in the higher level areas once you go past wanted level 2 you either escape or embrace death, unless you're relaa and can get headshot after headshot to the point you kill everyone(15-ish enemies + 2 helis) before they can get reinforcements.

the difficulty setting itelf doesn't change much, only the range at which the enemies can spot you and the damage you receive.

p.s.: also on the higher levels areas there''s things like jammers, mortars, APCs, sam turrets and so on, they can activate alarms o ruse other electronic items to make your life hard and destroying the elctricity generator is indeeed something you might want to do before starting to kill everyone.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3