Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "sgtCrookyGrin" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 10:06pm

Poland's investment into the gaming industry

First of all, I'm not certain if this belongs in the political thread or where else to put this but I'd like to know what you guys think because it's the first time I've seen something like this in my lifetime. I'll keep this short and simple.

Poland has begun a program called "GameINN". Multiple Polish gaming studios have been given a government grant by the Polish government to research and innovate on games, most famously CDPR, was given $7 million to work with most likely for their future title "Cyberpunk 2077".

A short list of the Polish companies (and recognizable games they've created) receiving a grant of some kind:
- CDPR (CD Projekt RED): The Witcher series

- Flying Wild Hog: Shadow Warrior series

- Techland: Dead Island, Dying Light

- CI Games: Sniper Warrior series, Lords of the Fallen

- The Farm 51: None of major note (However, it seems they're creating a F2P Milsim called WWIII; they're using a large amount of the grant to research "hyper-realistic ballistic missiles and armor".)

- Bloober Team: Layers of Fear

I think this is a great step towards gamers, gaming culture, and the industry as a whole. This is a moment when a government of a nation judged games not as toys, but as an art form worth investing into. But who knows, this is just my silly little opinion. What do you guys think about this?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,769)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, December 24th 2016, 1:26am

(However, it seems they're creating a F2P Milsim called WWIII; they're using a large amount of the grant to research "hyper-realistic ballistic missiles and armor".)

Ever since I played Gmod I have dreamed about similar game with perfect welders and whatnot, but also very physically accurate weapons. This sounds something to that direction (realistically modelled orbital cannon thing? would be sweet ^^)

What was the reasoning for these grants? Why government wanted to support developing these? I understand if developing game-like stuff for teaching and medical stuff gets money, but these seem like games for entertainment.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, December 24th 2016, 3:45am

(However, it seems they're creating a F2P Milsim called WWIII; they're using a large amount of the grant to research "hyper-realistic ballistic missiles and armor".)

Ever since I played Gmod I have dreamed about similar game with perfect welders and whatnot, but also very physically accurate weapons. This sounds something to that direction (realistically modelled orbital cannon thing? would be sweet ^^)

What was the reasoning for these grants? Why government wanted to support developing these? I understand if developing game-like stuff for teaching and medical stuff gets money, but these seem like games for entertainment.

if i were to make an absolutely totally random guess, i'd say for the young's appreciation of the country, poland is already somewhat popular with the youngest people in europe iirc(3-18 years old) if it were to heavily invest in games successfully, they'd have full support from most teenagers in the world, but hey, at least this is one of those cases where the saying "don't look in the gifted horse's mouth" really makes sense.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, February 22nd 2017, 11:16am

Mostly for a Technology Pioneer.

Gaming Industry is a heavily demanding IT sector. Investment in these areas help the overall IT knowledgebase in general. And lets be honest the Industrial countries dont earn their money entirely from industrial products, those are produced in china (or in poland :P ). Unfortunately IT is the only sector with a little bit of growth. Everything else is already very exhausted... or can you think of any revolutionary idea outside IT ?

Considering what I grasp about the polish government... it has mostly to do with pride. Since poland cant into space, they can into gamez.

Such an Irony that this government actually does something good and seemingly thoughtthrough although they probably just acted out of pride.
still playin' Motorstorm